Aye Ya Noxius Scallywags!

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YuushaMajin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-04-2010

Well, she DOES represent Bilgewater in a way, she's a champion. They may all have their personnal goals, they are the only persons that your average person might have heard coming from your city-state. So far, Bilgewater has two champions : a ruthless pirate, and a pirate hunter (or bounty hunter, they are almost the same, a pirate is likely to be hunted, but anyway...).

On the subject of pirates being bounty hunters, it's both right and wrong. While a pirate will kill for treasure, or just resort to any necessary means, a bounty hunter hunts a specific person in the hope of gaining a reward from killing or capturing said specific person. Because of Bilgewater's culture, it's easy to say they are all a bunch of pirates, but differences are there.

In summary... There's no need to get aggressive, even though that's not my problem.

Y.M., wandering summoner.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnemoneMeer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by charité View Post
I dare to differ mate, we have codes you know, we wouldn't turn each other in. If we did, where would we be then? A vast empty ocean with military ships of all different colors! In my opinion, the biggest difference is that bounty hunters like Miss Fortune haven't the slightest bit of respect for the privateers they capture. They don't even give those captains the honor of going down with the ship! They just capture them and turn 'em in to be executed.

~Miss Charité captain of the man of war Revolution~
You might want to check your crew. I can say with absolute certainty that I get many a letter from bilgewater pirates aboard many a ship. Not all captured pirates are executed, and a decent amount of them make their way into my cells for a while before being released and used as informants.

Also, I hate the accent you pirates use. It's so... unrefined. Unfortunately, if they're ever going to be useful to me, they have to keep it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

o0sniper50o

Senior Member

12-04-2010

*chuckles* The many frivalties that the city-states exchange between themselves never cease to amuse me. But enough of that, I believe that you do raise a fair point in your argument. While I cannot say that the people of Bilgewater are of complete innocence, I can't say that you are entirely guilty either. It seems to me that you allowed the Noxians to attack Ionia and since Bilgewater does have the best navy on Valoran, you could have stopped the invasion, but you didn't. Then again that's how a privateer works, while you work for the one who pays you it doesn't necessarly mean you like the person who requests your services. You may not have entirely understood what I have just said but that makes us even doesn't it Miss Carite?

-Independent Summoner Deadeye Sniper


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

charité

Senior Member

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0sniper50o View Post
*chuckles* The many frivalties that the city-states exchange between themselves never cease to amuse me. But enough of that, I believe that you do raise a fair point in your argument. While I cannot say that the people of Bilgewater are of complete innocence, I can't say that you are entirely guilty either. It seems to me that you allowed the Noxians to attack Ionia and since Bilgewater does have the best navy on Valoran, you could have stopped the invasion, but you didn't. Then again that's how a privateer works, while you work for the one who pays you it doesn't necessarly mean you like the person who requests your services. You may not have entirely understood what I have just said but that makes us even doesn't it Miss Carite?

-Independent Summoner Deadeye Sniper
Now there dear summoner; although we do have the grandest navy, ye have 't remember that there are very few people who we'd all follow into a full blown assualt. Remember mate, a captain of her ship is the only captain of herself. Infact, know that ye got me thinkin' about it; how many sole pirate captains could really command the bilgewater ships? And to you; although we may speak a tad b't more colorful then the rest of ye; take 't mind that a bullet is a bit fasta' then that tounge ye be striking with.

~Miss Charité captain of the man of war Revolution~-


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaWugui

Senior Member

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipleadthefif208 View Post
you guys were apart of noxian forces in the ionian invasion.
Arrr, no we warn't. We don't care about conquerin'. We'd rather wait for Noxus and Ionia t' engage each other, and then take what the Ionians can't guard. A pence for an old man o'de sea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0sniper50o View Post
*chuckles* The many frivalties that the city-states exchange between themselves never cease to amuse me. But enough of that, I believe that you do raise a fair point in your argument. While I cannot say that the people of Bilgewater are of complete innocence, I can't say that you are entirely guilty either. It seems to me that you allowed the Noxians to attack Ionia and since Bilgewater does have the best navy on Valoran, you could have stopped the invasion, but you didn't.

-Independent Summoner Deadeye Sniper
Ahoy, why should we fight Noxus when all they care about is Ionia? The only thin' we're guilty o' is bein' opportunistic Gar, Where can I find a bottle o'rum?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaiser707

Member

12-05-2010

Typical of Bilgewater. Take what you can get for yourself, but while you're doing it, do as much as you can to undermine your allies for your own benifet. Where was Gangplank when the noxian fleet sailed? Where was Miss Fortune while our armies landed on their shores? Your morality only lasts as long as it benifits you. "Wugui" is the one who clearly knows his kind. I don't find this behavoir repungent in any way, however.

Honestly, I don't care about what Bilgewater thinks as long as they don't engage in petty moralizing like Miss Charite. Noxians and the residents of Bilgewater are kindred spirits. We want what is best for us, and as long as those intrests are aligned, I am pround to to call the men and women of Bilgewater our allies.

- Summoner Keyes of Noxus.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talz

Senior Member

12-05-2010

You say Captain Gangplank is a great representative of Bilgewater, and do not get me wrong, I have nothing against the man. He has incredible passion for his people, but hasn't he broken one of the so called Pirate's Codes? He murdered his own father to take his seat.

-Pern Velisker, Liege of the Spectral Eye


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaiser707

Member

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talz View Post
You say Captain Gangplank is a great representative of Bilgewater, and do not get me wrong, I have nothing against the man. He has incredible passion for his people, but hasn't he broken one of the so called Pirate's Codes? He murdered his own father to take his seat.

-Pern Velisker, Liege of the Spectral Eye
From my experiences with Bilgewater, the Pirate's Codes are typically used solely as an excuse to remove an unfavorable captain from power, in a way similar to the beuracracy in Noxus. There are some who take them seriously, but they don't tend to last long in the open sea.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

charité

Senior Member

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser707 View Post
Typical of Bilgewater. Take what you can get for yourself, but while you're doing it, do as much as you can to undermine your allies for your own benifet. Where was Gangplank when the noxian fleet sailed? Where was Miss Fortune while our armies landed on their shores? Your morality only lasts as long as it benifits you. "Wugui" is the one who clearly knows his kind. I don't find this behavoir repungent in any way, however.

Honestly, I don't care about what Bilgewater thinks as long as they don't engage in petty moralizing like Miss Charite. Noxians and the residents of Bilgewater are kindred spirits. We want what is best for us, and as long as those intrests are aligned, I am pround to to call the men and women of Bilgewater our allies.

- Summoner Keyes of Noxus.
Aye, that may be true in a way o' two, but here be my concern in the matter. The a'noxus fleets inbetween the two bodies c'ould be a bit o' trouble to us privateers. 'N how long do ye think it'll be till ye noxus scum be sending us black spots? Aft'a all if Ionia happens t' be captured; what'd say that ye noxians wouldn't go aft'a us?

~Miss Charité captain of the man of war Revolution~


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaiser707

Member

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by charité View Post
Aye, that may be true in a way o' two, but here be my concern in the matter. The a'noxus fleets inbetween the two bodies c'ould be a bit o' trouble to us privateers. 'N how long do ye think it'll be till ye noxus scum be sending us black spots? Aft'a all if Ionia happens t' be captured; what'd say that ye noxians wouldn't go aft'a us?

~Miss Charité captain of the man of war Revolution~
As long as Bilgewater proves useful to Noxus it may remain independent. If it proves troublesome, well, that would be another matter entirely.


123456 ... 8