annivia items tip

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ICStars77

12-18-2009

What items should I be going for? Usually I end up getting chalice, boots of quickness(I've been finding this really useful lately for her), rod of ages, the other staff(the eye looking one, forget the name of it), and then start heading for zhonia's ring. Should I be getting some more ap somewhere in there or is having mana + mana regen good enough for annivia?

Extraxi

12-18-2009

What you have so far isn't bad, though there are alternatives to the Boots of Quickness. Anivia is the slowest character in the game, so trying to compensate fully for that will end up being more wasteful than capitalizing on her strengths. I usually go for the Tabi or Sorcerer's Boots depending on the matchup.

The Void Staff is good if you're looking for more AP. The Magic Pen it adds makes a huge difference. It's also possible to get another Rod of Ages since they stack and it's just a really good item for Anivia. I also go for the Frozen Heart frequently since CD reduction is very helpful considering Anivia's only source of useful damage is spamming her abilities. Reducing the CD of the wall by 2.5 secs can also mean the difference between winning or losing teamfights.

A Guardian Angel is also helpful if you die a lot, and Anivia is focused often anyway. So whenever she's reviving and everyone's focusing her, the rest of your team can take them all out.

ICStars77

12-18-2009

provided I have a decent team, I almost never die as anivia. I mean, it happens, of course, but usually doesn't go past 5 at most. I did not know rods stack, good to know. But do you think archangels staff would be better than getting two rods, since it goes towards max mp and it's usually past 2500 by endgame. As for frozen heart, I was actually considering getting that. When do you think I should add it to my item set? after void staff? and yeah, I probably should get sorceres shoes or something, but the extra movement really is helpful.....

Nyagamun

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICStars77 View Post
provided I have a decent team, I almost never die as anivia. I mean, it happens, of course, but usually doesn't go past 5 at most. I did not know rods stack, good to know. But do you think archangels staff would be better than getting two rods, since it goes towards max mp and it's usually past 2500 by endgame. As for frozen heart, I was actually considering getting that. When do you think I should add it to my item set? after void staff? and yeah, I probably should get sorceres shoes or something, but the extra movement really is helpful.....
I definitely like boots of mobility for anivia, helps a lot to get you where you need to be, though tabi and sorc boots are good choices

remember that ages takes 15 minutes to max out, so if you think the game will last that long, DEFINITELY get it...I tend to get the second if I have my first by the 20 minute mark

deathfire grasp is a good choice for any caster, having an extra nuke is always a good thing and it's got some decent AP on it
like the above poster said, void staff is good

I might get **** for this one, but I like rylais on anivia depending on group make-up...while all her attacks already slow, it's VERY weak at 20%...so having that extra bit of slow is nice, though I've yet to confirm if this actually works with glacial storm since I barely have a chance to make this

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2009

go tears of goddes -> catalyst -> boots of mobility -> void staff
upgrade to rod of ages and archangel.

Pyroteknik

12-18-2009

Here's how I play. It's pretty simple.

Mana Crystal + 2 health pots
Catalyst
Boots
Tear of the Goddess
Upgrade to Rod of Ages
Upgrade to Archangel's Staff

After this you can do whatever you want. Rylai's is good if you feel really slow. It give your ult some awesome slow potential. Zhonya's synergizes well with Archangels and Rod, and gives you max AP. Lich Bane gives you more MS, AP, and a great proc. It's really up to you.

When you play Anivia, you don't really need a lot of AP. Her spells are so good on their own that you just need the mana to cast them. That's why you get both catalyst and tear before anything more expensive. By the time you get tear, you can really throw your spells around, especially to farm your upgrades. Also you can get golem on your own by now, which you should do constantly. Anivia with golem buff means you can cast your spells as much as you want.

bobthegood

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyagamun View Post
I definitely like boots of mobility for anivia, helps a lot to get you where you need to be, though tabi and sorc boots are good choices

remember that ages takes 15 minutes to max out, so if you think the game will last that long, DEFINITELY get it...I tend to get the second if I have my first by the 20 minute mark

deathfire grasp is a good choice for any caster, having an extra nuke is always a good thing and it's got some decent AP on it
like the above poster said, void staff is good

I might get **** for this one, but I like rylais on anivia depending on group make-up...while all her attacks already slow, it's VERY weak at 20%...so having that extra bit of slow is nice, though I've yet to confirm if this actually works with glacial storm since I barely have a chance to make this

While the stats on Rylai's are good, the slow doesn't stack. All debuffs are applied but the current one with the highest slow will have an effect.