Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Optimizing performance for you Mac LOL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

acrid56

11-21-2013

routine bump

Lucant

11-25-2013

While not strictly LOL related. If an app "breaks" and you've made any system changes, such as upgrading to Mavericks. Some standard mac troubleshooting.

-Empty your Caches (Finder>Go to Folder(Shift+Command+G)> enter ~/Library/Caches>delete content.

-Delete plists. Someone confirm for me, I work with Macs but I don't game on them with work being work and all. But the plist should look like com.leagueoflegends.plist. Same way you got to the caches folder but ~/Library/Preferences

-Repair Disk Permissions. Boot to recovery mode(option key and select or press and hold command+r once you power on. Select disk utility>select partition(default is MacintoshHD)>First Aid>Repair Disk Permission(no need to verify).

-Reboot frequently. At least once a day. Clears cache and anyone in IT will tell you it's the #1 for computing issues.

SMC Reset
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964
PRAM Reset
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH4405

acrid56

11-25-2013

ty lucant, i completely forgot about rebooting XD

Lucant

11-25-2013

Added a few more tips. I happen to be in the IS&T dept for said company so I may or may not have some insight as I haven't played LOL on Macs yet.

acrid56

11-25-2013

ty

Itz Dex

11-28-2013

Running a MacBook Pro and my fps are still around 15-30 and kinda move around a lot. I tried to do the SMC reset but I don't really understand how to. I did the shift-ctrl-option-powerbutton but I don't think it actually reset. Did everything else, still fps really low.

Processor 2.4GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

HELP?

acrid56

11-29-2013

i think its the intel graphics card- i'll check up on it.

acrid56

11-29-2013

ok, yeah, it is why. make sure that you really did shutdown shadows in the in game option menu, or your fps is going to **** on you:P

Itz Dex

11-30-2013

Yeah my shadows are off and every ting else is VERY LOW. V Sync is off but i don't know what is up

BackSurge0n

11-30-2013

this is great for the fps. But me along with everyone that i know that plays on a mac has really high ping in game and near death screen freezes and there is still no fix to that gg riot