Optimizing performance for you Mac LOL

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

acrid56

11-21-2013

routine bump

Lucant

11-25-2013

While not strictly LOL related. If an app "breaks" and you've made any system changes, such as upgrading to Mavericks. Some standard mac troubleshooting.

-Empty your Caches (Finder>Go to Folder(Shift+Command+G)> enter ~/Library/Caches>delete content.

-Delete plists. Someone confirm for me, I work with Macs but I don't game on them with work being work and all. But the plist should look like com.leagueoflegends.plist. Same way you got to the caches folder but ~/Library/Preferences

-Repair Disk Permissions. Boot to recovery mode(option key and select or press and hold command+r once you power on. Select disk utility>select partition(default is MacintoshHD)>First Aid>Repair Disk Permission(no need to verify).

-Reboot frequently. At least once a day. Clears cache and anyone in IT will tell you it's the #1 for computing issues.

SMC Reset
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964
PRAM Reset
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH4405

acrid56

11-25-2013

ty lucant, i completely forgot about rebooting XD

Lucant

11-25-2013

Added a few more tips. I happen to be in the IS&T dept for said company so I may or may not have some insight as I haven't played LOL on Macs yet.

acrid56

11-25-2013

ty

Itz Dex

11-28-2013

Running a MacBook Pro and my fps are still around 15-30 and kinda move around a lot. I tried to do the SMC reset but I don't really understand how to. I did the shift-ctrl-option-powerbutton but I don't think it actually reset. Did everything else, still fps really low.

Processor 2.4GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

HELP?

acrid56

11-29-2013

i think its the intel graphics card- i'll check up on it.

acrid56

11-29-2013

ok, yeah, it is why. make sure that you really did shutdown shadows in the in game option menu, or your fps is going to **** on you:P

Itz Dex

11-30-2013

Yeah my shadows are off and every ting else is VERY LOW. V Sync is off but i don't know what is up

BackSurge0n

11-30-2013

this is great for the fps. But me along with everyone that i know that plays on a mac has really high ping in game and near death screen freezes and there is still no fix to that gg riot

12345678 ... 9