A Couple Serious Questions About Champion Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Divinity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

I would like to see a response from the finger tips of a member of the Riot Staff or an Adjudicator (or both) -- people tend to speculate and talk like tards and dont know what theyre talking about to begin with, so untill i see a response from some one who knows best i will not be happy.

A little background as to why i ask this -- I am an Action / Fantasy comic book writer and drawer from New York (but now i live in california) and i have created COUNTLESS characters ranging in shapes, sizes, genders, species...you name it. I have been drawing for years and do well at it and would LOVE it if i could start turning my comics into works of art playable by the WORLD not just read and looked at for 3.95 an issue here in cali haha

My questions are simple and i would appriciate and equally simple (yet thourough) answer:

1) If people (namely myself) take the time to post champion suggestions (obviously putting time and effort not just spamming stupid cr@p) do you actually take them into account when creating new champs?

2) If, on a best case scenario, you absolutely love a champion and deside to design it into the game 100% verbatum from what a user posts, do they get any credit at all other than knowing they were the reason this champ exists?

3) How long roughly would it take to go from a concept to a working running playable champion, granted that you even DO accept ideas, and acknowlege people for their work if you do decide to make it?

4) Would a Riot Staff member or Adjudicator be willing to work with some one (namely me again for this discussion) to refine and get their suggestions on the game?

Paero

12-18-2009

wasnt nidalee a champion suggestion?

Pieceofcandy

12-18-2009

The Adjudicator group is our way of showing special recognition to long-time and helpful testers.

New users will not be Adjudicators when they start, but they WILL be able to earn it over time by providing consistent valuable feedback.

Source

They are the same as us, and have no real influence on what RIOT does.

Save the Manatee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2009

They should make a manatee champion.

..oh wait.

Motas

12-18-2009

I'm agreeing with you on this one, I love posting new champion ideas (some take weeks to figure out), it would be nice to know Riot's opinion on this forum about champion suggestions.

Nikorasu

12-18-2009

I've sometimes wondered as well what's Riot's take on champion suggestions. It seems Zileas is answering many of the suggestion posts lately (altough none is mine awwww =P), and I've read somewhere that they're working on an official suggestion engine.

It looks like Riot is going to listen to the community on this as always, so you should feel free to start!

About credit and all that, I guess you can't expect any formal response to that, as they are in their right to use anything posted as a suggestion without having to credit anyone, but they're still a good bunch so if they carbon-copied your idea, I'm pretty sure they would include the credit somewhere.

Dark Divinity

12-18-2009

Takin it back to the top. thanks for the info on riot versus adjudicators i didnt know =P

i just saw that they had their own forum so i figured they meant somehting

Any way still iso riot staff answer if possible

Dark Divinity

12-19-2009

still lookin for some riot members to confirm or otherwise

Motas

12-20-2009

@Riot
or
@Zileas

What is your take on champion suggestions? (see OP)

Dark Divinity

12-21-2009

anyone who has authority here know?

cuz if i could get a good answer i could flood you guys with 2-5 champ ideas a day for about a week depending on how much free time to type i have...and theyre not stupid ones either like an orc!! zomg haha