Alistair

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZipperNeck

12-03-2010

Good Morning Gentlemen,

I would like to call to attention an underutilized Character in the form of Alistair. I have read through 9 or so guides we have up on the forum and while I cant claim to be anything but a casual player I recommend a few things to anyone who is interested in playing him.

HEADBUTT- most of the guides seem to neglect or gloss over this skill. To me I believe this skill is almost more useful then pulverize to separate and kill. Ill give you two good examples.

Situation 1- Lets say you are being pushed back in a lane to the point where you are directly in front of your own tower. The enemy character is hanging out in that no mans land just beyond tower range. Flash in, Pulverize to stun him, RUN PAST him, turn and head butt him TOWARDS your tower. Easy way for a teammate or maybe even yourself to get a kill.

Situation 2- Second Example is team fights. Flash in pop your ult and headbutt an enemy character back towards your teammates for an easy gank, Smash your ghost key and attempt to evade. Lets face it we are not carries and we are serviceable tanks. Better we die so the team can eliminate a hard carry. You may even escape altogether depending on what the other team has.

I play Alistair as an early game protector to give my teammates a late game chance at carrying. Your not a great farmer and late game you sort of lose some of your danger. Alistair to me should be played as an early to mid game warden of your hard carry players. I just wanted to put those out there for anyone who is struggling to identify a roll for there Alistair players. It works for me, maybe it will work for you.

Regards
ZipperNeck

Tokinatoor

12-03-2010

If alistar would sacrifice himself to kill a hard carry. Why not just play a hard carry?

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

Welcome to the internet Sir. Alistar's name is Alistar. That is the first step to learning how to play him.

If you want to do well with him, max q first and rush sheen.

DrDragun

12-03-2010

Alistair = Dragon Age Origins
Alistar = League of Legends

SciencePrime

12-03-2010

No fair. My strategy guide already covers these techniques

ZipperNeck

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinatoor View Post
If alistar would sacrifice himself to kill a hard carry. Why not just play a hard carry?
Interesting Responses, I apologize for misspelling his name. That would be the first step towards getting taken seriously I am sure.

Tokinatoor I understand your point, Hindsight is always 20/20. But if you follow Murphy's Law, No battle plan survive contact with the enemy. Therefore if you, as many people as myself, play Pick up games of League of Legends, from time to time you get saddled with situations where you cant always count on everyone to play their characters perfectly. I simply put forth that if in said situation there or things you can do to turn the tied. I believe someone else posted going Q fully and getting sheen. I to believe in getting sheen but I just choose to get a level or two of Headbutt early in order to gank effectively.

If you already have mastered Alistar, then there is pretty much no reason for you to view this, but if you are struggling with this particular toon, give this a try.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipperNeck View Post
Interesting Responses, I apologize for misspelling his name. That would be the first step towards getting taken seriously I am sure.

Tokinatoor I understand your point, Hindsight is always 20/20. But if you follow Murphy's Law, No battle plan survive contact with the enemy. Therefore if you, as many people as myself, play Pick up games of League of Legends, from time to time you get saddled with situations where you cant always count on everyone to play their characters perfectly. I simply put forth that if in said situation there or things you can do to turn the tied. I believe someone else posted going Q fully and getting sheen. I to believe in getting sheen but I just choose to get a level or two of Headbutt early in order to gank effectively.

If you already have mastered Alistar, then there is pretty much no reason for you to view this, but if you are struggling with this particular toon, give this a try.
By level 3 you should always have 1 point in Q/W/E on Alistar. There is no need to neglect any one of his skills. If you are saying you rather level headbutt first to 5 before pulverize, that is a personal choice that usually has you going out of mana quicker, and not getting as many minion kills.

ZipperNeck

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
By level 3 you should always have 1 point in Q/W/E on Alistar. There is no need to neglect any one of his skills. If you are saying you rather level headbutt first to 5 before pulverize, that is a personal choice that usually has you going out of mana quicker, and not getting as many minion kills.
Well, you make a valid point about mana. I dont know it works for me. last game i went 2/5/31. Not a pretty score but we won the game against a decent arranged team with a guy who had to leave the game 3 times due to connectivity issues. I know thats only one example but it illustrates my point effectively.

Also, NicoSharp thank you for the feedback. Im always open to constructive criticism.

cebdaman007

12-03-2010

Personally, I level all my abilities equally to save on mana. Obviously I'll change this up if I need more of a certain ability, but generally, I don't. Alistar uses WAY to much mana if you use you pulverize/headbutt combo, even with innervating. So any fighting at all will drain your mana fast.

FailyMcSadPants

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipperNeck View Post
Good Morning Gentlemen,

I would like to call to attention an underutilized Character in the form of Alistair. I have read through 9 or so guides we have up on the forum and while I cant claim to be anything but a casual player I recommend a few things to anyone who is interested in playing him.

HEADBUTT- most of the guides seem to neglect or gloss over this skill. To me I believe this skill is almost more useful then pulverize to separate and kill. Ill give you two good examples.

Situation 1- Lets say you are being pushed back in a lane to the point where you are directly in front of your own tower. The enemy character is hanging out in that no mans land just beyond tower range. Flash in, Pulverize to stun him, RUN PAST him, turn and head butt him TOWARDS your tower. Easy way for a teammate or maybe even yourself to get a kill.

Situation 2- Second Example is team fights. Flash in pop your ult and headbutt an enemy character back towards your teammates for an easy gank, Smash your ghost key and attempt to evade. Lets face it we are not carries and we are serviceable tanks. Better we die so the team can eliminate a hard carry. You may even escape altogether depending on what the other team has.

I play Alistair as an early game protector to give my teammates a late game chance at carrying. Your not a great farmer and late game you sort of lose some of your danger. Alistair to me should be played as an early to mid game warden of your hard carry players. I just wanted to put those out there for anyone who is struggling to identify a roll for there Alistair players. It works for me, maybe it will work for you.

Regards
ZipperNeck
If your playing Alistar, you have already failed. Its that easy. Any ****in champion that needs flash to be considered MODERATELY effective is ****in trash.

Passive is ****, Heal is ****, Pulverize is Buggy, Headbutt in 99% of games saves the target rather than gets them ganked.

Stupid.