Nidalee - build her right!

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vexing

12-17-2009

If you don't get sheen as your first item you're doing it wrong!

I've seen people post some builds and I have to say any of them that don't get sheen into trinity force are missing out on some mad potential.

All of her skills in cat have stupid low cooldowns. If you get sheen you can smash them on cooldown and do sick dmg. When you get trinity force it goes from stupid dmg to omg what was riot thinking dmg. Especially if you manage to get a bloodthirster.

Well built character hope to see more like her in the future. Amazing dmg but with glass cannon hp.

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

I prefer lich bane and rylai over trinity force.. >.>

HyperWeaponRance

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberic View Post
I prefer lich bane and rylai over trinity force.. >.>
you sir, need to think more, lich bane is good if u stack AP, and quite frankly Nidalee's AP ratios arent that great, its clear shes melee Dps with a bit of AP on the side, Trinity Force is the way to go

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWannaBeTheGuy View Post
you sir, need to think more, lich bane is good if u stack AP, and quite frankly Nidalee's AP ratios arent that great, its clear shes melee Dps with a bit of AP on the side, Trinity Force is the way to go
ap nidalee rapes face

her like 1.6second pounce(with c/d) that can do around 400 dmg are you kidding me

and keeps lich activated EVERY SINGLE TIME it can activate

get like 500 ap on her and she is so strong

a like 6 second c/d 550-600+ heal WOW

her spear gets insane damage(added by ap!)

i played ap nidalee against physical one, we went to fight eachother, starting with a spear and hers did like ~300 dmg to me where as mine took off like 1/2 her life

if you go ap and can hit with that thing HOLY you are win

Trixster

12-18-2009

i love my snowbunnie

Trixster

12-18-2009

nideal is in the sense like evelyn either trinitys or lich would work on her both can be combat or ap there designed that way on purpose there is no right or wrong answer in the case of ap/dmg with nidalee or eve its all in the player

sirjj

12-18-2009

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Sirjj9050 rawr i like pie

Anyway i have to try AP build with her she is a fun class

Katsuni

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAviOrZelda View Post
ap nidalee rapes face

her like 1.6second pounce(with c/d) that can do around 400 dmg are you kidding me

and keeps lich activated EVERY SINGLE TIME it can activate

get like 500 ap on her and she is so strong

a like 6 second c/d 550-600+ heal WOW

her spear gets insane damage(added by ap!)

i played ap nidalee against physical one, we went to fight eachother, starting with a spear and hers did like ~300 dmg to me where as mine took off like 1/2 her life

if you go ap and can hit with that thing HOLY you are win
Yeah fought someone doing that last night, they really really tried to win.

They even managed to kill me twice on my nidalee after I firstblooded them.

And then I wiped the floor with them with my attack nidalee every single time and ended 14-2.

I can see real potential for it though, think it was more the player's failing there, she wasn't bad at all but don't think she used her cougar swap nearly enough to make use of her full potential.

The rylai's and such made her alot harder to kill early game, but then again... she sucked vs towers too. Attack nidalee is fully capable of taking down two tower defenders solo if she went middle to start and did well there, and then taking down the tower as well if attack, if AP she kind of lacks the second part which can give the other team time to run back and finish yeu off.

As a caster/hybrid/tank though she may be quite effective, I'll need to toy with it later tonight.

Daesik

12-18-2009

I believe AP is definately the way to go with Nidalee. There are five melee characters who stack physical damage, and they all have a good reason to.

Jax - In built attack speed, evasion, passive and Leap Strike
Yi - In built attack speed, evasion, damage and Alpha Strike
Tryndamere - In built attack speed, critical strike chance, critical damage, invincibility, damage and Spinning Slash

These are the pure melee DPS carries. They all have abilities which directly increase their damage output, and they all have powerful initiation and chase abilities.

Shaco - In built slow, critical damage, fear and Decieve

Shaco is similar to the pure carries, but plays differently as more of a bursty champion. He also has a powerful initiation ability.

Katarina - Bouncing Blade, Death Lotus

Katarina is odd, because she is a caster who stacks attack damage for her spells to scale, so she doesn't really matter here.

---

In case you haven't realised my point, the reason DPS Nidalee isn't smart is because she's a physical DPS character with no real way of increasing damage output without form swapping (which lowers damage output) and no real slow, evasion or initiation spell (leap hardly counts, it's quicker to run late game). AP Nidalee is powerful because, while her abilities have low AP Ratios, they have extremely short cooldowns, so you get more uses and therefore the AP ratio balances out, and it procs Lich Bane regularly. Also, she can play as a semi-support late game, healing and boosting your carry's attack speed while chucking 700 damage spears at people, only shifting into Cougar form to finish people off.

Here's my build:
Meki Pendant, 2 Health Potions,
Chalice of Harmony,
Boots 1,
Sheen,
Sorcerors Shoes,
Rylai's Crystal Scepter,
Lich Bane,
Zhonya's Ring

Then whatever. Game is usually over while you're building Zhonya's.

EDIT: Forgot Warwick. He has inititiation and chase, but I cba to write stuff.

Oberic

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWannaBeTheGuy View Post
I'm not gonna argue or nothin' much, but AP is cheaper per gold than damage. Just comparing starting items, you can have 10 damage, or 20 AP. (Though I always get meki pendant and 1 of each potion. for chalice.)

12345 ... 8