Idea for Riot at Worlds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Windzy

Master Recruiter

08-07-2013

So I have been thinking of a way to get more out of the community heading to worlds and at the worlds event. I think I finally have an idea.

I am a huge sports fan and one thing that gets me more in-depth in say football and statistics is my fantasy team. I think this is a huge opportunity for Riot Games here.

How it would work:

Each Role would generate "fantasy points" for doing what that role does. IE: Support gets a counter ward kill with a pink ward +3pts or Mid gets a succesful roam producing 2 kills +5pts. (I have no point system setup but I am working on it and will place it below once I have finished it)

Now for those of you who don't understand what those points mean I will explain. Each contestant will pick 1 player from any team for each role. Your team would get more points for succesful plays in the winners bracket than the losers bracket and at the end of the tournament the contestant with the most "Fantasy Points" would win a prize (dont know this would be up to riot).

What this will do for riot games:

This would bring the community even closer to the e-sports scene not only will they be chearing for the team they want to win they will be watching every game trying to keep track of how there fantasy players are doing. This not only generates more viewers for Riot streams it generates Riots fan base to be more personal with each game.

This can also be used in the NALCS and EULCS to maintain that "relationship" to the games making them more personal.

Again I will try and get a points list as soon as possible but I wanted to put this here to see other peoples opinions.

Windzy

Master Recruiter

08-07-2013

Top:

Succesful 1v1 lane kill = +2 (ontop of the +3 champion kill)
Get a kill in a lane where you are out numbered = +2

Mid:

Succesful 1v1 lane kill = +2 (ontop of the +3 champion kill)
Roam and team gets a succesful kill of of it = +2

Marksman:

Kill tower in 2v1 lane before opponent = +3 (doesn't matter who gets last hit on tower)
Succesful lane matchup kill = +2 (no jungle or roam help / this also counts if you get a 2v1 kill and that was the original matchup in lane)

Support:

Ward kill w/ vision ward = +2
Ward kill w/ oracle = +1
Champion kill = -3.5 (to wash the +3 neutral gain and punish for gaining a kill)
Champion assist = +.5

Jungler:

Buff steal = +1.5 (if buff trades +1 for each jungler instead of +1.5)
Dragon steal = +3
Baron steal = +5
Successful gank = +1

Neutral:

Last hit on Tower = 5pts
Champion kill = 3pts
Double kill = +1
Triple kill = +2
Quadra kill = +4
Penta kill = +6
Death = -1.5pts
Shutdown = +3

Open to suggestions for points. (also I think it would be cool to have 2 people on your bench that you could swap i if someone on your teams team was eliminated.)

Windzy

Master Recruiter

08-07-2013

You mean to tell me noone would be interested in this or has any input?

Windzy

Master Recruiter

08-09-2013

Guess I will scratch this idea... thought 4 sure it would be something people would like to see.

Egusum

10-03-2013

Riot wouldn't benefit anything from this idea,other than hits for the pro scene,so I don't see it happening anytime soon. I really like this idea of yours though