Countering Slowing Attacks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FootSpaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

Now that Cleanse has been nerfed, I've noticed a lot of players picking champs with slows again and I am finding it very hard to counter. Just looking for some general tips on how to effectively counter slows. In particular, my problem is Ashe with her uber-slow "every-normal-attack-is-an-exhaust-minus-the-blinding-part" Frost-Shot.

The new Cleanse is worthless against her just like the one before the OP version because she hits you with arrows so fast you never have time to escape. I cannot seem to find an effective way to counter this and am looking for suggestions.

By the way, I normally play Teemo so with a very squishy champ like him who relies on his speed for survivability this is a huge problem. Otherwise it's only a problem with a fed ashe, a failed team fight, or a when you try to do a quick tower topple then retreat.

UPDATE: Thought of this just before I went to sleep last night and tested it this morning, exhaust is a very effective counter giving me enough time to escape (assuming there isn't a second slow-stacker).

And for Lord Sirrus, the problem isn't that she's fed, it's if she gets lucky and I fail to dodge her ult, now I'm starting on the losing side of the battle so my best option is to run away, especially since ashe's rarely ult without backup. And thanks sAviOrZelda, those tips helped

Lord Sirrus

12-17-2009

characters like temoo, twitch or ashe is only strong because they have been fed.

If ur strong enough, u will just run up to them and WTF raped them.

U only run from them because they are strong not because they got slow/stealth.

If u got the 1st strike as a first strike champion, Most temoo, twitch and ashe will try to run from you too...

but since u can pull off a first strike it means u must be confident that u can win..If u first strike alone and know u cant win then ur just a feeder...

Since u know he is strong then just avoid them. keep moving lane to lane and dont get gank by them.
A fast movement speed runes + masterys and items helps.

I main shaco now and when i m in trouble i just GHOST and deceive away...but i shouldnt be forced to that state often since i use Speed Quin, uility mastery, Phantom and boots of swiftness, plant Jitb at escape route and all ambush possiable area. Alwasy throw ur shrooms at places where emy will tend to use to ambush you. and places where u will most likely take to escape.

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sirrus View Post
characters like temoo, twitch or ashe is only strong because they have been fed.

If ur strong enough, u will just run up to them and WTF raped them.

U only run from them because they are strong not because they got slow/stealth.
not really true

ive played games with teemo against yi or twitch where they get horribly fed because of my team mates

just get attack speed + some damage and you can usually own them

attack till you are at liek 1/3 life then blind and attack more

usually this will fill up your life quite good and they will try turning to run or killing you

either way that blinding dart is a huge advantage for teemo against other dpers

if ashe is chasing you then lay a shroom and blind dart her

after you blind her wait for her last attack to land and switch your move fast on

she should either give up, or run over the mushroom and then give up

a lot of times if a physical char is chasing you, and you're teemo you can just turn and blind them then mow them down, or blind them attack a bit then run, if they chase more do it again

teemos real problems are castable spells that just shut him down because of his squishyness