Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

the new life of a tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alright, I'll admit it, I'm a bit annoyed with the HP nerfs that just occured. However, this is not a whining thread. This is my attempt at constructive feedback and discussion of how to adjust to the new patch.

First, feedback: If the HP nerf was attempting to result in more deaths, then in my case it has succeeded. However, as a main Taric player, I feel like my entire usefulness to the team has been nerfed as a result. I feel as if I am taking more damage because I have less armor, and attack runes have been buffed, and I have less survivability because i no longer have the HP I once did. in my current opinion, I feel like the attack buff and EITHER armor or HP nerf would have been enough, but only time will tell, and I am curious to know if this approach was attempted on the test realm (any thoughts if it was?)

second: How to adjust? I'm just dying a lot. Previous to this patch I died at most, 5 times a match (averaging about 35 min a match). In a good game I would die 0-1 times, normal about 3-4, and a bad game no more than 6-7. Post-patch I die at least 8 times per match. As a mid-teir player (I'm not great, but I'm no slouch either, I think, with a 50/50 record) I'm unsure how to respond to this sudden increase in deaths and consequently the amount of time I am NOT helping my team, and feeding the other team. This is really what I need help with. I'm well aware that Taric can be more than just a health tank, and I've experimented with other builds because I just really like him, and health tank is one of my favorite builds, so how to I build my health-tank again?

(previous to this my usual was to get Heart of Gold, rush Warmogs, then get whatever the situation called for, but Phage/Frozen Malet and Frozen Heart were eventual goals, I'd throw in lifesteal for good measure)