A new innovative way to punish trolling players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magic Spoon Lord

08-06-2013

I got this idea from the lore itself.
When players are reported frequently for trolling/giving up in games, instead of getting banned, they're forced to play a certain number of matches.
As a minion.
Yes, according to the lore, minions are controlled by novice summoners. Trolling players will be forced to play the role of minions in Diamond ranked games, to see what good players do in their games, and to learn their lesson about trolling.
Bringing the lore to life folks.

Gorton Fisherman

08-06-2013

Except if they did that every game for a few months would be full of trolls so everyone could try it out

Magic Spoon Lord

08-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM103 View Post
Except if they did that every game for a few months would be full of trolls so everyone could try it out
A unforseen fly in the ointment of my genius....

Zulgaines

08-06-2013

Move them to a special league where everyone's a troll, rager, or just all around terrible.

Wait, that's bronze.

Magic Spoon Lord

08-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulgaines View Post
Move them to a special league where everyone's a troll, rager, or just all around terrible.

Wait, that's bronze.
We'll call this league "Copper."

Bearfooted

08-06-2013

Suddenly: Every single minion in the game is actually a player being forced to spectate.

Then there's the guy that pulls off this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je6JF6h12l4

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

08-06-2013

Quote:
This is called Prisoner's Island, and it's been proven that while it does shield non-toxic players from toxic behavior, it doesn't incentivize players to be less toxic. Sort of like pouring nuclear waste down a mine and hoping nothing bad happens.

Quote:
Wait, that's bronze.
Sometimes it feels that way, but it is not the case. It's actually Silver, because these people usually have quite a mastery of the mechanical concepts.

Oconnomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2013

I think it would actually be super fun to be a minion you could control...I'd totally be that d-bag minion that follows your jungler all the way to mid lane from bottom lane revealing him the whole way.

Magic Spoon Lord

08-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post

Sometimes it feels that way, but it is not the case. It's actually Silver, because these people usually have quite a mastery of the mechanical concepts.
They can orbwalk the minions in these matches to practice their kiting.

DeathByWaffle

08-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Spoon Lord View Post
A unforseen fly in the ointment of my genius....
I liked this response. It's witty.