Very Low Fps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VorpalTruth

08-06-2013

On my macbook 2009 i have very low fps when in games which is usually around 5-15 fps. My specs are very low and i can't afford to replace anything. Here are my specs Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2013-08-06 at 12.50.53 PM.png
Views:	101
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	750877 Is there anyway i can increase my fps without spending any money?

Krusczacht

08-06-2013

I have a sam problem with you.. first I play LOL with windows and it's working just fine.. but when mac client came up, I try it.. My fps become lower whenever we had a big team fight.. is it because of the client or my computer, I have no idea.. try to lowered all the video quality, it's better but still not good enough..
thanks..

FreakinUnoriginl

08-07-2013

The only free thing to do is check on your memory usage in Activity Monitor, and get rid of or disable any memory-hogging apps that you don't need to have on all the time.

The MacBook 4,1 identifier makes it look like a 2008 MacBook so it probably has Intel GMA X3100 graphics, which is currently listed as "unsupported" on the system requirements page: < Link > Even if it is the 2009 model (MacBook 5,2) with a Geforce 9400M, there isn't much that can improve its performance.

Upgrading the memory to 4GB might help, but is probably going to cost between $25 and $50 and wouldn't be worth spending on the chance that it could help.

Windows client performance is currently higher than the Mac OS client, so if you have access to a copy of Windows XP and a working license, boot camp might also be an option.

Sorry I don't have better options.

acrid56

08-13-2013

just saying, look at my thread on optimzing performance for ur mac lolhttp://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3751869
note i heven't tried with 1 gb ram, but as lon as you follow my tips you should b running (relatively) well