(Guide)AP Nidalee: Toggle the druid!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

12-17-2009

Toggle brings you another AP guide for your enjoyment.
In this guide i'll be posting my skill path, item build, summoner spells, masteries, runebook and extra thoughts, but I will not be posting her Bio or skill tooltips because I feel that is a big waste of time.(Keep in mind you can switch off to healer early game, but I wouldn't recommend this unless your laning partner has enough dps to make up for you not being able to)

Rate my guide when your done reading it, and if you like it do me a favor, give thumbs down to any trolling posts.

With that being said here is the skill path I have chosen
1.Bushwhack / Pounce
2.Primal Surge / Swipe
3.Javelin Toss / Takedown
4.Javelin Toss / Takedown
5.Javelin Toss / Takedown
6.Aspeck of the cougar
7.Javelin Toss / Takedown
8.Primal Surge / Swipe
9.Javelin Toss / Takedown
10.Bushwhack / Pounce
11.Aspect of the cougar
12.Bushwhack / Pounce
13.Bushwhack / Pounce
14.Bushwhack / Pounce
15.Primal Surge / Swipe
16.Aspect of the cougar
17.Primal Surge / Swipe
18.Primal Surge / Swipe
_My second skill path_
1.Bushwhack / Pounce
2.Primal Surge / Swipe
3.Javelin Toss / Takedown
4.Bushwhack / Pounce
5.Bushwhack / Pounce
6.Aspect of the cougar
7.Bushwhack / Pounce
8.Primal Surge / Swipe
9.Bushwhack / Pounce
10.Javelin Toss / Takedown
11.Aspect of the cougar
12.Javelin Toss / Takedown
13.Javelin Toss / Takedown
14.Javelin Toss / Takedown
15.Primal Surge / Swipe
16.Aspect of the cougar
17.Primal Surge / Swipe
18.Primal Surge / Swipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toggle
Bushwhack is your best harassment very early game and can help your teamate when laning 2v2 because of the armor/magic penetration. 1 spell in Primal surge may seem useless but the attack speed benifits you and your teamates significantly. By the time you reach level 9, javelin toss should pose a huge threat when an enemy runs away, depending on if they manage to escape your takedown.
level 8 you get primal surge just before you max out the rest of your skills because at this point your AP gain should give this spell enough healing power and the attack speed will be even greater.

If you took the second skill path focusing on bushwhack instead of javelin playing nidalee will be relatively easier considering javelin sometimes has issues like "Am I going to hit this person running back and forth" or "To many minions in the way for me to hit anyone"

Bushwhack should be placed 1-2feet behind the enemy or right in between a group of them just before you attack, and should be massed in certain areas were you believe they will run into when trying to gank you. allowing you to fully solo a lane as much as you wish and still get away unharmed.
When in cougar form however, always open up with a pounce, swipe then takedown or charge takedown before you pounce, repeat pounce and swipe. Utilize using pounce as an escape method or at least untill you reach bushes so that you gain prowl movement and can get out of cougar form to heal.
My item build consists of
regrowth pendant > philosophers stone (Mid to late game sell this for wardens mail unless their whole team is AP then get Force of nature instead.)
boots of speed
mejai's soulstealer
sorcerer's boots
abyssal scepter
Rylai's Crystal Scepter (Getting Lichbane is another idea, but you sacrifice hp and slow)
zhonya's ring
(if the other team is going to get over 60magic resist, replace sorcerer's boots and abyssal scepter with ninja tabi and void staff, reason will be in qoute)

Quote:
Most people would disagree and say that Nidalee should have Meki Pendant and hp pots but conserving mana while still harassing isn't very hard on Nidalee if done right, and by the time you reach level 6 you should have enough money for boots and philosophers stone anyhow.
Getting mejai's soulstealer early allows you to stack its AP gain quickly throughout the game. sorcerer's boots and abyssal scepter will put your magic pen at nearly 60 while giveing you enough magic resist to tank most spells.
Rylai's Crystal Scepter should give you enough HP to survive, the slow benifits the team and boosts bushwhack to a real gank stopper.
Just before getting zhonya's ring you should get wardens mail or Force of nature to make yourself a bit of a tank, boosting your survivability second to none.
Just remember that most of Nidalee's spells focus on using AP and deal magic damage, AP benifits javelin toss, heal ratio power, bushwhack damage over time, cougar swipe and pounce. cougar takedown deals damage in accordance to how much hp they have left, not scaling attack damage.
If the other team has over 60magic resist, or plans on getting it late game, getting voidstaff(with masteries 15%magic pen and your traps, your magic penetration % will be at 95%!)will be an effective way used with traps to obliterate their magic resist completely, and the ninja tabi will offer you dodge and armor for survivability.
Summoner spells
Ignite - people really underestimate this spell, at level 18 it deals nearly 500 damage, wich is a lot considering it can save you the trouble of running after someone early to late game. make sure you take your level and calculate the damage ignite will do before you use it, or make sure they have around 100hp or less exactly so that its in the bag.
Rally - This spell not only heals more then the spell heal over time but also gives you and your teamates attack damage/ ability power gain wich can boost damage significantly late game during ganks.
Exhaust - Replacing ignite with exhaust isn't such a bad idea, you sacrifice being able to kill fleeing enemys with dots but gain magic/armor penetration and a slow.

Quote:
My opinion on why using other spells are not very benifiting.
Smite - Your cougar form already does aoe damage, and farming isn't that hard.
Ghost - Pouncing to bushes to gain prowl is enough of an escape method
Teleport - by the time you get enough money for boots and philosophers stone you don't need to teleport back, running is just fine.
Cleanse - Great spell would suggest it but I don't because you don't have masteries for this spell, and your not trying to escape people, your trying to deal damage and support your team. This can also be said for the other spells aswell.
Heal - Rally gives you more healing(over time) and a buff that benifits your team for 20seconds.
Masteries - 21/9/0
3 deadlyness
1 archmage's savvy
4 sorcery
1 burning embers or Cripple
1 archaic knowledge
3 sunder
3 brute force
1 improved rally
3 lethality
1 havoc
~
3 Hardiness
1 Resistance
4 Evasion
1 Nimbleness

Quote:
The reason why I get such things like crit, armor pen and attack damage is because early game some regular hits often crit sometimes and that can help slightly. Burning embers or Cripple will enhance your summoner spells(same for rally) and archaic knowledge will benifit all of your magic damage spells.
The extra points in defense offer you small armor/magic resist and the dodge will help your cougar form a whole lot.
_Magic Penetration Runebook_
Marks 9 "Greater Mark of Insight" +0.95magic penetration each = 8.55!
Seals 9 "Greater Seal of Evasion" +0.75Dodge each = 6.75!
Glyphs 9 "Greater Glyph of Insight" +0.57magic penetration each = 5.13 !
Quintessences 3 "Greater Quintessence of Insight" +1.89magic penetration each = 5.67!
Our total effect = +19.35magic penetration and +6.75Dodge!
_Dodge Runebook_
Seals 9 "Greater Seal of Evasion" +0.75dodge each = 6.75!
Quintessences 3 "Greater Quintessence of Evasion" +1.5dodge each = 4.5!
Our total effect = +11.25Dodge

Quote:
Getting magic penetration is a very effective way of getting straight to the enemys HP with magic damage, while having a small dodge ratio benifits cougar form and nimbleness in masteries.
Getting full dodge is best used with the ninja tabi/voidstaff method and will open up marks/glyphs for you to explore. You might want to get +7.29%cooldown reduction with cooldown reduction marks and glyphs, or maybe attack speed runes.
Early game tips
Lane 2v2 because your more support attack if anything early game, place bushwhack just before you and your teamate rush the other team then primal surge you or your teamate depending on who needs the attack speed buff more, and try to javelin if they run away.

Mid game tips
With cougar form ganking is easy, grab a lizard buff if you need the slow when coming from behind to gank an enemy, and/or golem buff if you are running out of mana or use a lot of it during a gank. Open up your attacks with a bushwhack behind them a few feet then cougar form, pounce and slaughter their hp. When they run far enough or teleport out of there get out of cougar form to javelin end things, or combine it with ignite.

Late game tips
Make sure you place bushwhacks strategicly as a scouting method for when soloing a lane so that you can see the enemy coming in certain routes, and always place them in bushes first. Use bushwhack's during 4v4 and 5v5 ganks to slow and deal damage to groups of enemys, then cougar form someone other then the tank, if someone like YI is on your team heal him to give him a boost of attack speed and javelin those pussys when they attempt to make a run for it.
The beauty of being able to reduce armor and magic resist down to 40% with bushwhack can really help your team bring the enemys tank to its knees.(Remember that advantage)

Video gameplay
coming soon....

Extra thoughts
coming soon...

If you liked this guide take a look at my other guides
Mordekaiser_
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?p=724151
Nasus_
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?p=173911
Shaco_
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=25473
Zilean_
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=43341
Gragas_
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?p=610365
Teemo_
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?p=650921

Basilisk9466

12-17-2009

Interesting, I might have to take a closer look at Bushwhack. I've always left it until last, just take one point to unlock Pounce and prioritise Primal Surge. I like maxing out healing abilities early, as a rule, to make them relatively that much more powerful. It keeps me in my lane for longer, and makes for a good panic button instead of having to burn a Flash or similar.

I'm also interested by lack of Triforce, which seems to be extremely popular with most people. Not even Lichbane - given the spammability of her Cougar attacks, it seems like a bit of a waste, especially with all that heavy AP. I might try something similar some time, but I'm fond of the hybrid build (Triforce, Guinsoo's, Nashor's etc) for the flexilibity and potential for taking down towers.

Solenus

12-17-2009

Just played a game with T0ggle, he played very well despite our noob team. I'd recommend this build purely on his performance w/ it.

T0ggle

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk9466 View Post
Interesting, I might have to take a closer look at Bushwhack. I've always left it until last, just take one point to unlock Pounce and prioritise Primal Surge. I like maxing out healing abilities early, as a rule, to make them relatively that much more powerful. It keeps me in my lane for longer, and makes for a good panic button instead of having to burn a Flash or similar.

I'm also interested by lack of Triforce, which seems to be extremely popular with most people. Not even Lichbane - given the spammability of her Cougar attacks, it seems like a bit of a waste, especially with all that heavy AP. I might try something similar some time, but I'm fond of the hybrid build (Triforce, Guinsoo's, Nashor's etc) for the flexilibity and potential for taking down towers.
already posted in my guide a good reason for not getting triforce.
most of your abilitys all use ap, take just about every spell but cougar form and takedown, they all utilize AP and lots of it, besides triforce would cost a lot were as the items in my guide are relatively easy to get and still pose a huge threat.

Lord Sirrus

12-17-2009

here is a good Nidalee Guide in video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpoVIPuHh1M

T0ggle

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sirrus View Post
here is a good Nidalee Guide in video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpoVIPuHh1M
funny stuff, but not posting it with my guide.

ALCie

12-18-2009

Great looking guide. I haven't played much with her but she seems very fun to play. She doesnt seems like a character that should benefit from AP, but I did notice my sheen made my heal quite a bit better.

And why do you say "Ignite - people really underestimate this spell, at level 18 it deals nearly 400+ damage."

At level 18, Ignite does EXACTLY 500 damage, regardless of MR/Armour. The only thing that reduces its effectiveness is hp regeneration, but thats true for all DoTs and it will still deal 500 pure damage.

T0ggle

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCie View Post
Great looking guide. I haven't played much with her but she seems very fun to play. She doesnt seems like a character that should benefit from AP, but I did notice my sheen made my heal quite a bit better.

And why do you say "Ignite - people really underestimate this spell, at level 18 it deals nearly 400+ damage."

At level 18, Ignite does EXACTLY 500 damage, regardless of MR/Armour. The only thing that reduces its effectiveness is hp regeneration, but thats true for all DoTs and it will still deal 500 pure damage.
i say that because people really do underestimate the spell early to late game, and as for 400+ damage, I just never took the time to add the damage up, i never really figured out if it does 75damage or 50 at level 1, even though it reads 25+ every level, you never know. anyhow thanks for doing the math lol i was just to lazy to.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2009

nashor's tooth.

bobthegood

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
nashor's tooth.
Agreed. My ap build is sheen, boots (prefer swiftness but tailor to the enemy team), nashors. Its dirt cheap and lets you spam your abilities like crazy procing sheen ftw. If you're going an AP build, after those items you can really get whatever. Lich bane later is good as the +7% movespeed is always nice on a hero with high base move.