What runes do you guys get as tanks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SupremeDeity

03-14-2011

I'm thinking for my full on tank runes, MR per level blue and red, armor per level yellow, and health quints. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's +35 MR, 24armor, and 78 health, which I think is pretty good.
I usually get banshee's or frozen heart as my second main item, and I carry clarity, so mana isn't a problem, especially with the base mana regen buffs.

homeskilit

03-14-2011

I take magic pen and magic regen on most of my tanks. You lose alot of early defensive power but it allows you to spam spells for harass and farm.

Dr Gankenstein

03-15-2011

I go for flat hp quints, dodge or mp5 yellows, and mr per level blues. Most tanks go magic penetration reds, but I go for armor reds.

Lighstagazi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

I thought search was disabled, how many pages back did you have to go to find a 15-month old forum post?

Foresight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

My Malphite page (haven't played since the nerf) that honestly used to carry games, 9/10 victories comes out to 12 magic pen, 6.8% dodge, 7.9 mana regen at 18, 9.4 magic resist at 18. Pen reds, dodge yellows, mostly mana regen blues, quints how you like. It mostly depends on the tank, if you plan on having some damage, or just being a useless meatshield everyone ignores, you need them to have a reason to focus you.

Look at your champion in specific. Mostly magic or physical damage? Big problem with cooldowns or mana? Maybe you need the extra movement speed on Singed for those chases. When you build your page, don't just think, "How can I be super tanky" think, "How can I be useful?"

TaiIs

03-19-2011

I just get flat hp runes for marks, quints, and seals. Flat magic resist for glyphs. I just use these for whatever will fall under the category of 'Tank'. Gotta have that early game advantage

Buisiness

03-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctopusDropkick View Post
You want Cooldown reduction for your blues without question. As a tank there aren't a lot of cooldown items you usually want to run toward, save for Frozen Shield -- but even then you're far from the maxed out 40% cooldown. You also don't want to hog Golem runes for your casters, so you can't just hope you'll have access to that all the time.

Since you're a tank you have a lot of useful utility skills that make you dangerous, such as Rammus' taunt. Be sure to take Cooldown Reduction for blues. You'll max out your utility and danger as a tank.
for rammus and amumu, yeah. stay away from CDR with shen. CDR doesnt do anything for him if you dont have the energy to use your abilities.

Autocthon

03-20-2011

People are gonna downvote me for this but...

For Galio, Cho, and Maokai I use...

Quints: Movement Speed
Seals: Flat Mana Regen
Glyphs: Scaling MR
Marks: MPen

I was running HP Quints until I realized I play tanks without REAL CC an all of them are ridiculously slow. Switched to MS, and realized the extra speed puts me ahead of the rest of the team by just enough to initiate. And for Maokai it means I can actually RETREAT from a bad fight.