Mac client is great; ty

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skinx

08-02-2013

Came to this forum to see all the bug reports and complaints. I'm sure there's bugs but I just wanted to say thanks, and that for me the Mac client works great. LoL is my first MOBA and honestly I was more included to play DOTA 2 than LoL. But the LoL Mac version came out first and I love the game, so I'm very happy.

I've only run into one Mac bug; the patcher just flat out misstates what it's doing, the frequently reported 33% or 99% complete bug. It shows nothing happening, 33%, but meanwhile the patcher is furiously downloading stuff. But that bug seems to occur on Windows too, from reports, so meh.

Thanks for the Mac support!

Molefish

08-30-2013

I also love it

woot!

thenicksolo

08-30-2013

I'd assume Riot loves the feedback, and the mac community sure loves some positive posts on here as well.
Go on and play!

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

08-30-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks for the positive feedback. These types of forums tend to only attract people who are currently having issues. From our data on crashes / player engagement / etc it's safe to say a vast majority of users are in the "game works fine and I'm having fun" camp. We're still invested in making sure all our mac users feel the love though and are committed to resolving even some of the less frequent problems.

le morse

09-02-2013

Hi,

Just wanted to say I started playing a few weeks ago on a 2011 MBP running 10.8.4 and the game runs great. Very fun! Thanks for putting the time into making a working native Mac client. I wouldn't have played if it didn't exist.

Mcbooze

09-03-2013

i'm very happy with it. runs great, only have occasional bug problems. so much easier than having to bootcamp to play like i used to.

Hulokeruli

09-04-2013

It runs beautifully with my early 2013 15" High Performance MacBook Pro with Retina Display.