Anivia QoL updates please?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pwnivia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2013

Everyone should agree that Anivia is well balanced, and I love Riot for not nerfing her in the 2.5 years I have been maining her, but I feel that there are a couple quality of life improvements that would be immensely helpful to Anivia players.

1. Removable wall. J4 has been out for over 2 years, how is Anivia's wall not removable like his ult? Currently, a well placed wall in the jungle is either a great kill secure OR the worst case of "assisting enemy team" decided entirely by whether your target has flash up or not. It's extremely frustrating when I drop a wall in front or on top of a target only for them to flash/be pushed to the other side and force my entire team to wait while they cry "WORST WALL NA" and "REPORT ANIVIA GG" (despite my many helpful walls previously.)

2. Ult range indicator. With the mechanic added for Thresh (and I heard given to Ori as well?) Anivia players would be very grateful for a visible indicator of how far away she can get from her ult before it drops. The helpfulness of this should be pretty obvious. The biggest help in my case though would be when I ult right behind an enemy tower, I currently have to dance between the tower range line and my ult max range, both of which are invisible. Take one step too far and my ult is down for 5 excruciating seconds.

Thanks for taking a look, I would love to hear Riot feedback.

GameLink7

08-01-2013

Totally agree, moreso to the 2nd one than the first though, but I'll pitch in an idea for the first.

1: Removeable wall: I think it could work but make it so the wall shatters or something instead of melting (that way you have an easy way to have an animation for either ending it early OR letting it last for it's full duration). Also boo to those who never appreciate many good walls and focus on one bad one.

2: Ult range indicator: I would LOVE this SO much. I know that getting far away from your Ult will stop it, but how far is too far? As it is, though it has an AMAZING cooldown, it gets easily stopped by almost every CC (since it's channeled) and flying away from it is one of the many stopping points. It would just be helpful if there was some Anivia-only indicator to see how far you can go without it disengaging.

Two really good suggestions, I would love to see either of these be implemented (though both would help a lot).

~GL

Mathbalnase

08-01-2013

I'd rather they fix the wall first so that champs can't just walk straight through it as if they're squeezing through a tight line of minions, but either of those changes would also be appreciated.

YinYangBomber

08-01-2013

I have to admit, I've managed to escape anivia's team multiple times because of this, knowing full well that it should not be this way. It can really become a liability if the enemy still has flash. Bump.

Thubgar

08-02-2013

she still makes high level appearances, i see no reason to buff her.

Llethander

08-02-2013

No nerfs? I seem to remember an egg nerf and a mana cost nerf to get ult, just saying.

I don't mind the wall but I would love a range indicator on her ult. Definitely.

dragojeff

08-04-2013

haha I agree soooo much

I love using Anivia but sometimes I just get so annoyed by how hard it is to kill that I switch to other characters.

When they said Anivia drains mana they weren't kidding each spell costs way more mana than it should. For example we all know her Flash Frost attack.

Are you kidding me? All you have to do is miss once and you just wasted a hundred (more or less) mana as well as having to wait for a cool down that makes you overly vulnerable. I don't know if it's just me or what but either the mana cost should be decreased, the damage raised, or the cooldown lowered.

As for the wall I find your idea to be absolutely amazing! But I think that if you cast the wall over a champion rather than pushing them to either side they should be stunned until the wall melts this makes it so that the wall is even more useful in escaping (what my teammates usually use it for) or absolutely trolling the enemy champ like Veigar's Event Horizon (stuns enemy for 3-5 seconds depending on level).

The ult range indicator is an extremely good idea as well. The worst case scenario for me has always been that I cast the ult on a HUGE group of minions with a champion and then cast the ice wall. Know what happens? I fly back a bit to wait for my teammates only to have my ult cut off and a huge mob of minions and champions charging at me. Let me tell you it was NOT fun. So once again the ult range indicator is a good idea.

Once again I don't know if it's just me or what but sometimes I really think Anivia can have improvements in her spells.

pwnivia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

Anivia is very well balanced if not overpowered. Mana costs are part of that. She needs blue buff or chalice to last more than 30 secs in a fight and that's fair considering how much rapid damage she can deal early on. You may think Q costs too much, but it does 120(+1.0AP) + 1 sec stun at level 1. Combined with her passive, she is probably the best invade champ in the game. Level 2 doubles her burst with E putting her way above any other champ.

I'm just looking for some updates to make her less frustrating to play and more in line with modern champs.