LoLCamera : A new way to play!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penteano

05-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packdemon View Post
(Edit): Riot could also just remove the visibility of teleports through the fog of war
Seems to be the correct thing that should have been done long ago

Penteano

05-14-2014

RiotBoourns comments about this are interesting
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...fq11?context=3

Postal Badger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Sargonas View Post
Thanks for everyone's feedback on your thoughts on this. I know a lot of you love this feature, and it's certainly something I'll share with folks throughout Riot. There are a *lot* of great community ideas that both players and Riot would like to see maybe one day make it into our game. However, I'm sure you are all aware of just how many great community ideas are out there, plus ones we ourselves have come up with. All these things take time and effort to implement, test, fix, re-test, fix, re-test, etc, before we can release it. Needless to say, just because we don't take a great community idea and roll it out in the following patch, doesn't mean our designers aren't taking notes and keeping an eye on what helps improve the quality of the League experience!

I'll be looking forward seeing this feature implemented in around 2016 :3

Penteano

05-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Badger View Post
I'll be looking forward seeing this feature implemented in around 2016 :3
Would be hilarious if it wasn't tragic xD

blockhead3142

05-15-2014

I like a lot of decisions that Riot makes, but this "absolutely no mods of any kind ever" policy is not one of them, but I do agree that mods that give some players an advantage over others should be disallowed. So, does LoLCamera fit into this category? If it doesn't, and it's just a convenience tool for people who don't like the current camera system, then there's no reason it should be banned. If it does, then that means that the limitations of the camera are part of the intended challenge of the game, in which case I think Riot should rethink its design philosophy.

Spl3en

05-15-2014

blockhea3142: It's not only about getting an advantage or not.
In a nutshell, Riot wants to provide to their players a stable client which provides a good experience of the game.

LoLCamera and other 3rd party softwares aren't good at all for the client stability.
Ask to Penteano how many hours we've spent to debug LoLCamera xD

Even if LoLCamera was working good enough to play with it, there were still a lot of uncomfortable situations due to a bad designed camera.

Well, now things are getting more calm, I can talk about it :
Please notice that Sargonas never said that LoLCamera users will get banned.
He just asked to players to avoid using it.
I certainly dramatized the situation by stopping the development and removing the download link, so if you can't play anymore with LoLCamera it's probably due to me, not Riot.

Penteano

05-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spl3en View Post
LoLCamera and other 3rd party softwares aren't good at all for the client stability.
Ask to Penteano how many hours we've spent to debug LoLCamera xD
Name:  true-story.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  17.8 KB

Quote:
Even if LoLCamera was working good enough to play with it, there were still a lot of uncomfortable situations due to a bad designed camera.

Well, now things are getting more calm, I can talk it :
Please notice that Sargonas never said that people using LoLCamera will get banned.
He just asked to players to avoid using it.
I certainly dramatized the situation by stopping the development and removing the download link, so if you can't play anymore with LoLCamera it's probably due to me, not Riot.
The amount of people lamenting they didn't know about lolcamera before is very big. Even an admin from Surrender at 20 was sad for not knowing about it before Riot message.
Latest version of lolcamera is the best ever, works perfectly. Can't remember the last time I had a minimap bug. Small fix needed (like it should ignore the enemy weight value when the enemy dies) but it's really good.

Snailed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2014

Bump. Make this tool in Client please Riot. The one where we have semi locked and it follows mouse movement.

Zan Vorez

05-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Sargonas View Post
Thanks for everyone's feedback on your thoughts on this. I know a lot of you love this feature, and it's certainly something I'll share with folks throughout Riot. There are a *lot* of great community ideas that both players and Riot would like to see maybe one day make it into our game. However, I'm sure you are all aware of just how many great community ideas are out there, plus ones we ourselves have come up with. All these things take time and effort to implement, test, fix, re-test, fix, re-test, etc, before we can release it. Needless to say, just because we don't take a great community idea and roll it out in the following patch, doesn't mean our designers aren't taking notes and keeping an eye on what helps improve the quality of the League experience!
I don't know about anyone else, but when I read this all I can think is '****, now we either need to develop our own idea that can compete with this or pay this guy to use his work...' and we all know how Riot feels about money. So basically we'll never see this feature implemented.

spacemurcielago

05-18-2014

Gone but not forgotten. :_: