LoLCamera : A new way to play!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coldmanj

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Sargonas View Post
Thanks for everyone's feedback on your thoughts on this. I know a lot of you love this feature, and it's certainly something I'll share with folks throughout Riot. There are a *lot* of great community ideas that both players and Riot would like to see maybe one day make it into our game. However, I'm sure you are all aware of just how many great community ideas are out there, plus ones we ourselves have come up with. All these things take time and effort to implement, test, fix, re-test, fix, re-test, etc, before we can release it. Needless to say, just because we don't take a great community idea and roll it out in the following patch, doesn't mean our designers aren't taking notes and keeping an eye on what helps improve the quality of the League experience!
I totally hear what you are saying Sargonas and know where you are coming from... However on this particular subject there is more that needs to be said. Players have wanted a more customizable camera experience for a very long time. The difference between the locked and free camera is daunting and for some players something they do not do well with. The current centered camera drastically favors the blue teams side of the map compared to purple simply because of the perspective. Players have asked for the ability to choose where they want the camera to be locked for, like I said, a long time. Many many threads have been made on the subject and on occasion received responses from Riot... but that is all, just a response and never anything more.

I personally do not understand why this has not been implemented. Perhaps not on the scale this add on is at, but simply allowing players to choose where they want their camera locked. I realize a lot of the top players use free camera and much of the testing is done by them so something like this would be kind of redundant for them. There are more average players in the community than top players and we have asked for more camera support repeatedly. Rather than shut down someone who took it upon themselves to create what Riot wouldn't and those that use the add on, step up and get a team together to implement a more user friendly camera system. If riot is unwilling to do that, let this add on slide since as far as I can tell it affects only a single players performance and not a teams. then it just comes down to preference, just like the camera system currently implemented.

Penteano

05-13-2014

I'm afraid Riot will wait the players to forget this whole thing so they can keep it all as it is
Also trust me allowing people to lock the cam whever they want won't totally fix the prolem. JMO.

Packdemon

05-13-2014

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...=358084#358084
Just hope Riot Sargonas doesn't treat this issue like Riot's Lima Beans treated camera flip...

Caught Warding

05-13-2014

Just pay the ****ing guy so you can claim its yours and put it in your game.

The fact that these features can and are being created by people in their free time for ****s and giggles yet Riot provides nothing but empty promises is eventually going to drive off the player base.

It is bad business.

TheKeeper OfLove

05-13-2014

I think if they did something along the lines of Bloodline Champions free move camera it would help a lot of players. You could have 3 toggle settings, first being Locked Camera, second being the Centered Movement Camera (Bloodline's), and three being Completely Free Camera. 1 and 3 being already in the current game. Have a key-bind set and such.. Bloodlines camera takes a bit of time to get used too, but it proves most beneficial as it forces you to move your mouse in a direction to see whats going on in that area, while still centering as you draw your mouse back to your champion. If anything it'd make people try to have more map awareness by checking around themselves in all directions more comfortably and directly/smoothly instead of inching your camera with the flick of your mouse.

Kiech Bepho

05-13-2014

Or freaking let us zoom out a little at least in the meanwhile.

Ellphi

05-13-2014

I don't understand how zooming out would be 'cheating'. It's not like you'd suddenly be able to see stuff you weren't able to see before... anything int he fog of war is still concealed.

Kiech Bepho

05-13-2014

It's bannable now because the only way to do it is to hack files.

KDP1337

05-14-2014

Riot your ToS is ****. It was only implemented to deny third party apps that benefited the game because you want to cash in on these features or you guys feel insecure as a company.

Packdemon

05-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellphi View Post
I don't understand how zooming out would be 'cheating'. It's not like you'd suddenly be able to see stuff you weren't able to see before... anything int he fog of war is still concealed.
Wrong! You can actually see incoming teleports through the fog of war. Even if they are not visible through the fog of war, you still might see some particles, wards being dropped, or movement through bushes that you otherwise wouldn't see unless if you were actively moving around your camera (*cough* support *cough*). Riot want players to have map awareness for themselves. Although I still can agree that being able to zoom out for say around 50 unit more wouldn't be too bad.

(Edit): Riot could also just remove the visibility of teleports through the fog of war, and then they could increase the zoom out range more without having to many worries.