LoLCamera : A new way to play!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snailed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuy09 View Post
I agree that Riot is right to ban it. It gives people the competitive edge in fights while some still have a less-than-good default camera.

However what I say is that Riot should implement LoLCamera as soon as possible to the actual game. It is a really nice system engineered by the fans of this game. It would just mean a smoother experience. Also I don't think the argument of "Get Good, Stop Being Baby" really qualifies here. The camera movement has been a big problem in league, and that multiple statistics show that purple side has a slight disadvantage. Instead of Riot having to remake Summoner's Rift to allow it to be rotated 180 degrees, this is the easiest and most effective way.

I hope riot adds this feature to the game by the end of this year. That's how I look at it.
This is just completely honest truth..Riot needs to implement this ASAP.

Riot Sargonas

Developer Relations Manager

Follow Riot Sargonas on Twitter

05-13-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Thanks for everyone's feedback on your thoughts on this. I know a lot of you love this feature, and it's certainly something I'll share with folks throughout Riot. There are a *lot* of great community ideas that both players and Riot would like to see maybe one day make it into our game. However, I'm sure you are all aware of just how many great community ideas are out there, plus ones we ourselves have come up with. All these things take time and effort to implement, test, fix, re-test, fix, re-test, etc, before we can release it. Needless to say, just because we don't take a great community idea and roll it out in the following patch, doesn't mean our designers aren't taking notes and keeping an eye on what helps improve the quality of the League experience!

GamerGuy09

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Sargonas View Post
Thanks for everyone's feedback on your thoughts on this. I know a lot of you love this feature, and it's certainly something I'll share with folks throughout Riot. There are a *lot* of great community ideas that both players and Riot would like to see maybe one day make it into our game. However, I'm sure you are all aware of just how many great community ideas are out there, plus ones we ourselves have come up with. All these things take time and effort to implement, test, fix, re-test, fix, re-test, etc, before we can release it. Needless to say, just because we don't take a great community idea and roll it out in the following patch, doesn't mean our designers aren't taking notes and keeping an eye on what helps improve the quality of the League experience!
I appreciate your response and I understand that it takes time for things like these. I would think that if you added it to the game, at least for the PBE and see how things work out. That is what the PBE is for right? And maybe after some extensive testing you can put this in the game until you guys at riot can find a better fix for the Blue/Purple map issue that is very apparent. Again, no one is blaming you for taking LoLCamera off. You guys had every right to do so because it did gave some people a competitive edge. However I do hope you guys add it to the PBE and maybe work something out, because all of the fans would really enjoy that. Thank you.

Penteano

05-13-2014

Quote:
But the idea is good, no need much to take the decision in favor of it. Could give Spl3en the needed support while you make one for the game so people can also give a feedback (with a non open source lolcamera). His latest code is pretty good, supported many game updates already... come on man... for the first time make Riot do something that makes sense a bit faster...
Also you know HotS will have this cam, right?

aceofsween

05-13-2014

Quote:
I don't mean to be rude, but that rings very hollow. How many years has it been since Replays went into development? And how many other countless features have been swept under the table?

(Just to add, I realize that Replays are working and ready to go, but that it's a infrastructure problem, but the point still kinda stands...)

Lord Pudding Cup

05-13-2014

Seriously Curse Voice adds timers and voice chat 2 things riot has said for years they are thinking to add but due to complexity havent added yet... apparently even a third party could do it making the voice opt-in so that its not intrusive even. Yet guess what its against TOS and riot still refuses to work in a timely manner to implement the features.

LOLCamera added a great camera to the game that made things so much smoother and didn't really give any gameplay advantage to anyone just making camera movement better like it really should be better than in any other moba atleast, but no lets get stuck to Locked or Manual camera forget moving ahead.

No lets just never add these features that third parties have shown can be done relatively easily even from outside the direct source of the client/game, yet riot with full source access still wont make the call or put in the effort to just roll it out.

Hell there was even the wintermint client that showed GREAT promise and was canceled by riot basically, and guess what we're still using the ancient client that everyone has said for years is subpar to every other client in the MOBA genre, it's time for Riot to stop banning these implementations and actively endorse or implement them. I have dumped enough money into this game as well as others, i'm one of the few people i know that have dumped hundreds into league and yet we get little actual substance.

How that Q1 2014 remake of SR going riot?

Best Reimu NA

05-13-2014

**** you Riot.

OuttaControl56

05-13-2014

Quote:

Just frustrating to see you guys lag behind outside projects. I know you guys are plenty talented and have bunch of ideas out there, Team Builder especially, but...

.... /sigh.

Orenin

05-13-2014

If riot wants to allow 3rd party applications, they should set up an official list of allowed add-ons accessible through the game client. and have a submission process. This would avoid what WoW has now, with thousands of add-ons placed in various places all over the internet. I think its a great idea, and it should be implemented into the client.

barkerbenjamin

05-13-2014

I swear Riot is the biggest scum bag developer I have ever seen. This is pathetic. Oh oyure not allowed to use this but it was okay **troll face** you can **** off ANY time Riot.