LoLCamera : A new way to play!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmurfinSince91

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Sargonas View Post
Hey all! Sorry for jumping in on this thread so late!

First off, I wanted to say this app, as it is, is pretty slick. Some great development work on it. That being said, sadly it is not compliant with our policy. As others stated above, the core expectation is that nothing can interfere with the players experience from Play to end of game, and this unfortunately does just that. While we can appreciate the work you've put into this, it is sadly not something we can condone, and I have to officially advise players to avoid using it at this time.

If you want to work on other great stuff for League however, I'd be more than happy to chat with you more over on the developer forums at developer.riotgames.com about ideas you might have, and how to make them fit in with our philosophies. You definitely know your stuff, and I'd love to see that skill channeled into something players can use!
So tell this man all your ideas so they can make money off you.

EnviousPlatypus

05-12-2014

Anyway this can get into the game? Like GD has been asking all over the forums? Or at least a camera flip, like mentioned some 5 years ago :3 Sargonas plz <3

Kuronok2

05-12-2014

Quote:

First off, I wanted to say this app, as it is, is pretty slick. Some great development work on it. That being said, sadly it is not compliant with our policy. As others stated above, the core expectation is that nothing can interfere with the players experience from Play to end of game, and this unfortunately does just that. While we can appreciate the work you've put into this, it is sadly not something we can condone, and I have to officially advise players to avoid using it at this time.

If you want to work on other great stuff for League however, I'd be more than happy to chat with you more over on the developer forums at developer.riotgames.com about ideas you might have, and how to make them fit in with our philosophies. You definitely know your stuff, and I'd love to see that skill channeled into something players can use!
What? That's unfair. I can understand things that gives some advantage being illegal, but this?
I hate the free cam, having to adjust the camera every 1 sec is totally lame and boring, but it gives advantage over those who use the locked cam. Why Riot can't make a new cam or just adjust the locked cam and make it better? They instead prefer to ban another great solution and give the middle finger to the ones who doesn't like the free cam. Lovely decision indeed.

Ulanopo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2014

Quote:

While it makes sense to have a simple, straightforward policy regarding what can and can not be modded, why doesn't Riot roll this application - or something like it - into the client? It does not provide an advantage unless you consider the ability to play with the camera unlocked an essential skill, keeping in mind that you give players the ability to toggle ability and skillshot indicators. There certainly seems to be significant interest in the app. I know that the only thing that prevented me from installing it was the awareness that it was almost certainly against the ToU.

Spl3en

05-12-2014

Quote:

Hello Sargonas,
Thank you for your interest and your answer for this topic.
I have removed all the download links I have found in order to prevent people using an officially forbidden app.

I'd love to continue working on other stuff for League, it's a nice game with great players maintained by an awesome company. You'll certainly see me in the developper forums.

Let's be honest here, this decision makes me sad, even if I've prepared myself to this decision these last days due to the recent policy changes.
LoLCamera has been my baby during this last year, and I guess saying goodbye to something you've put a lot of efforts in is always difficult. But it was worth, I've talked with nice people and learnt a lot !

Sooo ... I announce that LoLCamera won't be maintained anymore.
A TONS of thanks for everybody who contributed to the project : Jtjin, BurningMind, Penteano, MrGoodKill, SephirothSG, 0verTone, Fazy, Khith, SockofBadKarma, Care Level, Zyrxil, Dreamed, LegendofScryd, Cobrand, SomeAsianDude, Danteleet, beloh, beffl, suckafoola, Ceemot, Quincyness, zacharywrighttt, manbear666, and a lot other people who supported the concept. The project wouldn't have gone so far without you. Thank you, again.

Penteano

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuronok2 View Post
What? That's unfair. I can understand things that gives some advantage being illegal, but this?
I hate the free cam, having to adjust the camera every 1 sec is totally lame and boring, but it gives advantage over those who use the locked cam. Why Riot can't make a new cam or just adjust the locked cam and make it better? They instead prefer to ban another great solution and give the middle finger to the ones who doesn't like the free cam. Lovely decision indeed.
This.. so much this...
Well, my days at this game are numbered then. Too bad... going to look for a MMORPG while HotS is not open.

Now Riot you are amazing... let's ban something to help locked cam players, but keep people farming IP with bot accounts in entry Dominion elo and co op matches. Let's do nothing about the script users either. Perfect.

Mutagenaric

Recruiter

05-12-2014

Quote:

Riot, y'all understand that, with the current design philosophy, there is absolutely nothing that content creators of his sort can make that players can use, right? Not saying it's the wrong policy, but that's definitely how it breaks down. Also, this is something you guys should have made already; not expecting it for another five years, but it should have been made already.

WorstVayneMars

05-12-2014

Quote:

Why not implement it for your replay or spectate options?

RushSecond

05-12-2014

Hello everyone, I am from the future! Riot Spl3en sent me to tell you all that it's okay! His camera will be built into the game... soon... ish.

tuxedobob

05-12-2014

How is LoL not super locked down like other online games are? Is it because it has a Flash backend in places?