LoLCamera : A new way to play!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GMB Vamp13

05-05-2014

i wanna try this out, is it updated and working with the latest version of lol?

Penteano

05-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB Vamp13 View Post
i wanna try this out, is it updated and working with the latest version of lol?
Yes

Reepca

05-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandet View Post
Does it let you zoom out further? That would be cool.
This actually brings up an interesting question I've been meaning to ask for awhile. How does resolution interact with camera zoom? It seems like my brother with his 1080p monitor can see much more of the map than I can with my 720p monitor (he once played with dual 1080p monitors, was able to see from dragon to baron on one screen (er, I mean, one virtual display). Crazy).

Let's ban those who use 1080p monitors, eh? Unfair advantage?

OxBaker

05-05-2014

OK, tried it out and seems like an awesome concept but for me it's acting in the reverse of how I think it should. Say I'm right clicking constantly on the top portion of my screen to up move there, for me the camera slowly lags behind my champ until my champ is eventually higher up on the screen with less "forward" view. Does that make sense? If so, is that normal?

I would think if I were clicking in the top area of the screen, my champ should remain further down and the camera should be more centred on that area? So for my example, when moving upward, my champ should stay somewhat lower than middle of the screen.

Could it be because I'm using 2560x1440 resolution or do I have to tweak the ini to get what I want? Any help would be really appreciated because again, this is a really awesome concept.

Edit: Just to clarify, I haven't changed any default settings.

Spl3en

05-06-2014

@ OxBaker :
I haven't tested LoLCamera on multiple resolutions.

If you want the camera to focus more where you right clicked, I suggest you to increase the "dest_weight" value in LoLCamera.ini, put this value to 4.0.
In that case, the camera will go where you right clicked, instead of being focused on the champion.

However, you are pointing a big issue with LoLCamera "for me the camera slowly lags behind my champ". I agree I have to improve this. The current camera formula computes its position from the present elements, but it doesn't try to "guess" where the camera should go. It's only "present" based, not "future" based. I'm not sure I'm being clear.

I'll add a "guess_weight" based on the direction of the champion that will try to guess the correct destination of the camera.

TempName45679

05-06-2014

Awesome bump

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

05-06-2014

I just want to drop a word on caution on this.

With the recent changes to how Riot is looking at third party software, use this at your own risk.

Penteano

05-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post

With the recent changes to how Riot is looking at third party software, use this at your own risk.
Nothing new there, it has been like that since the beginning.

Spl3en

05-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Thanks for reminding that, I try to make people aware of this as much as I can. Indeed, LoLCamera users are all bannable, from the begginning.
However, for a lot of us, playing with a comfortable camera worths the risk...

I want to explain a little more what I think about this :

It personnally saddens me to not know if LoLCamera users will be really banned someday. Even with all the warnings and even if everybody knows the risk, I'd feel I've betrayed them and I'd take all the responsability.

I understand why Riot wants to scare people away from 3rd party softwares, they aren't good for the client stability and having a modified client in a competitive game is questionable.
But I really believe people using this tool aren't cheaters. Managing the camera is not fun and even annoying for some people.
I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be easy and intuitive to control!
I dream of a camera that would be instinctive and responsive, as if players were using their own eyes to watch the game.

And that's why I'll continue to develop LoLCamera as much as I can, because I enjoy making people happy to play this game, and I honestly feel none is doing something wrong to the competitive scene. I hope Riot still agrees with that point of view and won't take any action against LoLCamera users.

Penteano

05-07-2014

Hope someday we have a cam that can somehow preview our moves, I know this is the goal for lolcamera, seems hard to make it happen.