Tried Dota 2 for the first time as a league player of 3 years

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

09-27-2014

Fun game

The one thing I took away from it is that nearly every single Hero has that ONE thing that they do that nobody else does and its almost obnoxious how much they do it.

I wish more characters in League were like this. Feels like we are getting too many homogenized Generalists instead of characters that are super great at one particular thing and terrible at most other things. Jack of all trades dudes are fine and dandy, but not when everyone is and its an arms race.

Phantom Lancer is THE premier copy himself guy. Sure other people can get illusions, but he gets so many its obnoxious and hilarious. It seems like Riot acknowledges this because they made Garen's passive make him the premier "I heal a lot after fights guy"

Dunal

09-28-2014

I think the only champions in League that have a true niche/identity is:

Soraka: THE healer (since rework).
Eve: THE stealth champ.
Braum: THE defender.
Blitz: THE (true) hooker.
Zilean: THE reviver.
Karthus: Karthus.
Janna: THE peel.
Poppy: THE hypercarry.
Nasus: THE farmer.
Kassadin: THE blinker.
Shen: THE savour.

These are the only champions (from what I can see) that have unique identities in what they do. Sure, some could be argued that they overlap a bit with others (Kassadin = Akali) but for the most part, they stand out as being champions you pick for a specific purpose. Every other champ not listed either share they identity with others or don't do anything special. For example, Syndra is great at nuking, but so many champions are good for that too (Veigar/LB etc...) -- and she doesn't do anything that those don't. The only reason to pick other champions is being they are strong for a general purpose (Renekton = Generic bruiser who is strong).

Not all Dota heros have this though, but a lot of them do. They tend to have more than one unique ability that no-one else does.

Then again, some champions like Thresh to have things like Lantern which is self specific, but it's arguable as to whether they are iconic enough to represent that champ. And otherwise his other abilities are fairly basic, albeit strong. But there are a few champions like him that I suppose you could add to the list.

Happy Poro

09-28-2014

I think you should also realise that this anti-generalised champion idea you mentioned is Riot's current priority. That's why they are re-working a lot of champions recently like Soraka and Viktor. Just give them some time and they'll soon get them all unique :3

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2014

Riot made a lot of champs

you can keep them unique after 50

TrippySkippy

09-28-2014

Couldn't agree more. When I first started playing LoL, I tried a lot of champions but I stuck with singed because he felt so crazy unique it felt like I was playing a different game in a way. In Dota 2 EVERY hero "feels like a singed" if that makes sense. It's crazy how different it feels playing one hero one game then playing a different one the next, plus the meta feels more open in Dota 2.

Turn 6 Rogue

09-28-2014

I found Dota 2 to be fun until the day when the russians invaded.

Xpecial Effects

09-28-2014

I think dota is a really fun game, but i prefer league for a few reasons.

1) Turn times. This slows down the pace of the game by sooo much and makes competitive dota look and feel boring. Unfortunately it is CRUCIAL to champion balance in that game.

2) Secret shop. it's literally just a gimick shop that doesnt allow you to make a large purchase because you're forced into your base by the enemy team, preventing you from mounting a comeback when they're pushing on your base.

3) losing gold on death, if the secret shop wasnt anti-comeback enough, this **** sure is. If you die, you give gold to the enemy, and lose gold. That's so annoying and stupid.

4) Some heroes have far too much pressure on the map, like too many ults are global when they just shouldn't be lol.

DeadFish

09-28-2014

In league of legend just make a weird looking with weird name and give him HP% damage on W and AOE knock up ult and slow on E o Q and call him new champion

trumpsta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2014

OP is a smelly homeless hobo

type1Rush

09-28-2014

Actually, I would argue that Meepo is THE premier copy himself hero, but I get what you are saying, none the less..

I dare you to find someone as Unique as a Techies (he finally made it to Dota2) in League of Legends. Good luck finding that Waldo.