Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee talks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vindictiv

12-20-2009

Her arrow is slow but if well played will force enemy champs in a bad position for leveling or getting gold.

Her heal isnt that great but its cheap, its enough to stay in lanes from harassment and its an awsome attack speed buff (as AD).

I normally get the trap at level 7 for the cat ability. It can be used effectively to farm lanes but a good player will avoid them even more then the arrow and leaves nothing for harassing (im usually AD build)

Im usually AD build. Reason is simple. The damage output in cat is similar due to constant sheen/lichbane/trinity proc and they about the same damage. But not in caster form. Makes her heal a heal and not a damage buff (or a small 1) and her auto attacks are almost useless as AP. But even more, leach works better in an AD build.

Her passive works well. She can move across the map very fast. She will easilly out run any champs in the river or the jungle.

Even if it means to lose a sheen proc, you can pre-load take down and land a pouce/take down/sheen for alot.

I prefer AD to AS because of sheen but she does well with AS too. Usually a Madred's Bloodrazor or Last Whisper. I could see Phantom Dancer but i prefer BT and complete trinity.

Exantius

12-20-2009

Quote:
Vindictiv:
I normally get the trap at level 7 for the cat ability. It can be used effectively to farm lanes but a good player will avoid them even more then the arrow and leaves nothing for harassing (im usually AD build)

Im usually AD build. Reason is simple. The damage output in cat is similar due to constant sheen/lichbane/trinity proc and they about the same damage. But not in caster form. Makes her heal a heal and not a damage buff (or a small 1) and her auto attacks are almost useless as AP. But even more, leach works better in an AD build.

I prefer AD to AS because of sheen but she does well with AS too. Usually a Madred's Bloodrazor or Last Whisper. I could see Phantom Dancer but i prefer BT and complete trinity.

Due to how much of Nidalee's damage is based off her abilities, life steal doesn't seem nearly sufficient enough to keep her alive. I'd rather either go straight for damage or health/armor/mresist and whatnot.

Sheen is based off of base damage. It does the same damage regardless of what items you have.

I find that you should always have at least one point in each ability by 6. Lvl 1 traps can be used to deny certain areas. It doesn't really matter if they can see it or not, but if avoiding it means having to go a long way around something or prevents the common ganking spots from being taken, then it's done its job. It's also nice in early team fights to just toss on their heroes. It basically forces them to move.

Her heal is probably best used on your team's carry. Carry heroes tend to have better abilities/items to support an attack speed buff.

Vindictiv

12-28-2009

Quote:
Exantius:
Due to how much of Nidalee's damage is based off her abilities, life steal doesn't seem nearly sufficient enough to keep her alive. I'd rather either go straight for damage or health/armor/mresist and whatnot.

Sheen is based off of base damage. It does the same damage regardless of what items you have.

I find that you should always have at least one point in each ability by 6. Lvl 1 traps can be used to deny certain areas. It doesn't really matter if they can see it or not, but if avoiding it means having to go a long way around something or prevents the common ganking spots from being taken, then it's done its job. It's also nice in early team fights to just toss on their heroes. It basically forces them to move.

Her heal is probably best used on your team's carry. Carry heroes tend to have better abilities/items to support an attack speed buff.

I originally meant that if you have bigger AD your hits hurt so much with sheen (even tho its doesnt add to the sheen proc damage per say). But i totally think otherwise now. With good AS i feel more confident that my Trinity proc will actually connect before i click another ability.

Also, i never tho of her as a carry at 1st but i started playing her in premades and i take mid and play carry. With a Trinity and a Last Wisper she can pretty much take down any1 in a sec.

A Bad Idea

12-31-2009

Hey all. Can anyone help me perfect my Nidalee build? My current equipment set usually leans towards a blend of Attack Speed, AP and Attack Power, but I'm not sure if I'm spreading myself too thin. Normally if I make it to late game with my full equipment set, I can gank pretty hard, eat through minions, and shred towers to pieces. I want to know on what areas I can focus to maximize my gank potential, while still being versatile.

My current shopping list (and it may not be the best):
- Dagger + 1 Health Pot
-- Upgrade to Berserker's Greaves, buy another Dagger
-- Upgrade to Zeal or Stinger (depending on how much money I have), work on the other that I didn't have.
- If the enemy has Evelynn, Ryze or Veigar, work on Banshee's Veil. If not, work on Mejai's Soulstealer first, then get the Veil.
- Work up to Guinsoo's Rageblade
- If there's massive piles of cash left over, upgrade Stinger to Nashor's Tooth, or Zeal into Phantom Dancer.

Unless I've got massive Mejai stacks, I feel sometimes like I don't do enough damage. What items can I swap for AP items without losing my ability to rip towers apart? Also, I notice that I'm rather squishy. Would a Warmog's Armor help me any in this respect?

Sentarshaden

01-09-2010

So while i read all this stuff on nidalee after playing here 50+ games and creating my own style i have some problems with what ppl say about the AP build. I agree with the use of her trap to watch for ganks and harass early game. But ppl were raving about her ability to chase and kill with her spear. I have been trying the AP build for the past few days and i'd say about 80% of people i'm chasing are smart enough to use minions to block any such killing blow. The best killing blows i get out of it are either from where they don't see me therefore weren't prepared to dodge it or a nice skill shot with a dash of luck.
I play and would swear on my physical build. To give you an idea of the situation i play in:
I solo mid most games
Runes are Physical damage, mana regen, cooldowns
Items go like this
1. Sapphire crystal
2. Sheen
3. Boots (Ninja or Berserk)
4. Zeal
5. Trinity
6.Bloodthirster
7. Infinity
8, If it's a really long game you'll have time for a Banshee because it's beautiful to avoid snares and stuns

Most games i can bring a non tank down 2/3 with my initial pounce, swipe, Take down. Honestly most casters or ranged heroes will CC me and run away. At this point switching to human form to chase seems ******ed when I have trinity, +2 from boots, cougar form's move speed and pounce. No one's gonna get away. I will throw my spear for a killing blow as a last resort when a turret gets in the way.

Basilisk9466

01-09-2010

Frozen Mallet.

People don't get it for AD Niddy. They should at least try it. It gives her a big chunk of health, and more importantly, she can make the most of both forms for killing. Guarunteed slow autoattack is a huge boost for chasing - and once you're up close, they sure as hell won't escape.

I've been playing a lot of AP recently, but I might try out my AD one again. They both have a lot going for them; it's nice that there's no one build that is the only one that works.

Unless you don't take something from the Sheen series. In which case, you're beyond help.

andracen

02-25-2010

Tried out innervating locket as her first big item last game. With boots of swiftness she becomes a longevity beast. You can heal people almost constantly by swiping and jumping around in between fights. You'll never OOM (at least I didn't even in heavy casting), and the added survivability was fantastic. She also becomes extremely hard to finish even for Shaco/Eve/other Nidalees. You simply hop, hop, human, heal, trap, etc... and heal the entire time.

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-26-2010

Quote:
Basilisk9466:
In that case, how does it work out priority? Tri-force taking priority over Sheen is a no-brainer, but when/if would Lichbane take priority over Tri-force?

I've just been toying with using both. In my last game, I ended with Tri-force, Guinsoo's (it almost feels made for a hybrid AP/damage champ like her), Rylai's, Deathfire (they had an annoying Rammus, and I just like the item, even if I'm always forgetting it...), Ninja Tabi (10% base dodge chance felt worth building on) and was just about to start on a Lichbane. Tri-force is an excellent item for her, as it appeals very nicely to a hybrid build, but Lichbane is nothing to sniff at either; extra movement speed, more AP, more mana and some spell resistence.

By that time, each Triforced attack was throwing out in the region of 300 damage (100*2.5+50, roughly), but a Lichbaned attack would have been doing more like 350-400.

Lichbane only fires off every three seconds, whereas Triforce operates on every spell. So would that mean that if you were spitting out spells, one every three seconds would be the higher damage Lichbane, and the rest would be Triforce?

No, triforce has a cooldown as well. You can test it on evelynn if you doubt my word.

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-26-2010

BTW, here is a strong AP build that focuses on getting high AP, but remains fairly durable. It's good enough for most matchups

->Sheen
Mercury treads
Mejai's
Rageblade
->Lichbane
(AP pot)
Rylai's
(item of choice, could be zhonyas, deathfire, abyssal, frozen heart, etc)

I usually pump out 350 AP after lichbane and AP pot at around 25-30 minutes, allowing for big heals, javelins and takedowns. When you get rylai your survivability bumps up a noticable nodge with added slow as utility.

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-26-2010

BTW, here is a strong AP build that focuses on getting high AP, but remains fairly durable. It's good enough for most matchups

->Sheen
Mercury treads
Mejai's
Rageblade
->Lichbane
(AP pot)
Rylai's
(item of choice, could be zhonyas, deathfire, abyssal, frozen heart, etc)

I usually pump out 350 AP after lichbane and AP pot at around 25-30 minutes, allowing for big heals, javelins and takedowns. When you get rylai your survivability bumps up a noticable nodge with added slow as utility.