Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee talks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basilisk9466

12-18-2009

Funny story, last game I tried to go DPS, and ended up going AP again almost by accident. It's like a mental block or something.

I suppose it's really that Cougar is all about Trinity, AP and CD, while human gets at least some benefits from those as well. A DPS build feels greatly focused on human form, with little benefit for Cougar except more Takedown damage.

IMSavior

12-18-2009

i tried building her 2 ways with ap

1) defensive / support / chaser

2) offensive

i have to say i got completely slammed trying her offensive
it was probably because of the hero match ups and my skill, not the fact that she cant be offensive(****ing against yi AND tristana every time i tried to make her offensive..so **** annoying)

but it seems staying back in team fights and healing / lowering armor with traps / wtfpwning people with your spear then turning cat and cleaning up is a good way to go

Death Korp

Recruiter

12-18-2009

I have done some more testing after my trinity/guinsoo/nashors hybrid spec seemed a bit lack luster in team fights.

I am starting off with a sheen. grabbing Boots of swiftness or mercury if they have a lot of cc. (btw does anyone know how mercury works with the new cleanse?) Then starting on a rylais. those traps have helped my team so much with map awareness and when you have them all over the place they are invaluable. Do some light jungling on both sides of the river and make sure to drop those traps while you are running around. I get a lot of kills on people who start doing lizard hit a trap and I can see if ill make it to them in time or not.

After the rylais I am really enjoying nashors. Followed by lich bane. Game is over at this point. But if it keeps going I LOVE deathfires.

whomaster

12-18-2009

I am grabbing sapp into sheen first. then mobility. I follow up with a phage, then a banshee's. I finish up trinity, god for an infinity, and then I go from there. Obviously if they have more CC i get merc and if if being focused Ill get more health.

But thats just what i am working with. I havent read anything, its just what I cam up with.

Canis

12-18-2009

Quote:
whomaster:
I am grabbing sapp into sheen first. then mobility. I follow up with a phage, then a banshee's. I finish up trinity, god for an infinity, and then I go from there. Obviously if they have more CC i get merc and if if being focused Ill get more health.

But thats just what i am working with. I havent read anything, its just what I cam up with.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/113,Nidalee+-+The+first+round

Guide here, grabbing saph first is not that effective, normally going vamp first will keep you in the lane longer. Going for a chalice on your first town run means you can spam your abilities for a while without needing to go back to town for mana (I love chalice). Trinity is TERRIBLE (yes you heard that right it is BAD!)

Nidalee is missing a way to control the enemy or keep them in range for beating on (and just having Phage proc won't cut it), frozen mallet for massive hp increase PLUS 100% chance to slow the enemy (unless they have cleanse or something). Having Lich Bane means you hit like a truck after you hit an ability which in Cougar...is every few SECONDS (short cooldowns are FTW)

Guide being fixed up currently but item build is done alternate build for AP pending testing.

whomaster

12-18-2009

I am almost never in human form, I run around placing traps now and then, but more often then not I am ganking 24/7 once I hit 6 since I can pop outta some bushes with my free passive ghost and get a gank, especially since I can almost guarentee a phage proc since I get like 3 attacks before they react. Not to mention team mates helping. Summoner spells are exhaust and ghost.

Toymaster

12-19-2009

So after getting bored of being killed if you make 1 mistake on Nidalee, at least assuming its 2 on 1. Usually 1 on 1 escape is ineveitable....anyways...I decided to throw together, literally, some random bulky and damage items and this is the hilarious build i came up with

Madred's Razors
Ninja Tabi
Sunfire Cape
Atma's Impaler
Frozen Mallet
Blood Razor
since its cheap Malady...If you feel game will be long enough get Starks instead...If you feel it will never end build thirster instead

Anyways servers are down and its 130 so ill try this out and let you all know how my bulky build and a weak health character goes xD

Noth

Recruiter

12-19-2009

Quote:
Canis:
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/113,Nidalee+-+The+first+round

Guide here, grabbing saph first is not that effective, normally going vamp first will keep you in the lane longer. Going for a chalice on your first town run means you can spam your abilities for a while without needing to go back to town for mana (I love chalice). Trinity is TERRIBLE (yes you heard that right it is BAD!)

Nidalee is missing a way to control the enemy or keep them in range for beating on (and just having Phage proc won't cut it), frozen mallet for massive hp increase PLUS 100% chance to slow the enemy (unless they have cleanse or something). Having Lich Bane means you hit like a truck after you hit an ability which in Cougar...is every few SECONDS (short cooldowns are FTW)

Guide being fixed up currently but item build is done alternate build for AP pending testing.

I have never ever had a problem chasing people down and keeping them close with just the trinity force slow. I also run with malady fairly soon and keep my heal/attack speed buff on myself for some nice attack speed so that I get the slow procs more often. matter of fact even with a dps build skill spam in cougar form still drops champions in a blink of an eye and allows you to chase even without a slow, rylai's, phage, malet are just nice to have though.

Also with a dps build which you would be taking the phage in, sheen and trinity force would be doing much more damage than lichbane would be

Joru

12-19-2009

Quote:
Noth:
Also with a dps build which you would be taking the phage in, sheen and trinity force would be doing much more damage than lichbane would be

Trinity Force works off of base damage, so the bonus it provides is exactly the same regardless of what your item build is.

Which is not to say that it isn't better than Lichbane, just that you can get Trinity Force in an AP build and it'll be exactly as good.

Exantius

12-20-2009

I'm under the impression Rylai is better than Frozen Mallet and Trinity Force better than Lichbane.

Rylai procs off cougar form abilities so it procs just as fast and can be sustained long enough (through pounce alone, really.) AP seems to be better than damage. Slow percentage is less though.

That 3 second cooldown on Lichbane seems to let Trinity Force outdamage it, at least in cougar form. I can't see an AP build relying on damage in human form either.

Thoughts?