Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee talks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Death Korp

Recruiter

12-17-2009

After having played today since the servers have come up I have been doing some experimenting with her a bit further.

starting out with saphire crystal and turning that into a sheen. Getting some boots (I really havent decided which pair yet so I have been switching between 3 pairs) continue working on a trinity force. Followed up by guinsoos and a nashors. The game has yet to get past this part. But I think some HP is going to be very needed. So I am looking at HP items. cooldown reduction is really nice for her and with nashors + maybe a soul shroud you could have all the reduction you need. Throw in a zonyas for a good boost at the very end but i doubt games will get that long.

PizzaAnalogyGuy

12-17-2009

Quote:
PizzaAnalogyGuy:
It seems to me that Nidalee is a hero with two different personalities that can be easily switched between, and the best way to complement her would be to get items that compliment both personalities.

It reminds me of a story:

This one time I ordered a pizza that was half bacon salami pepporoni and sausage, and half chicken bbq sauce provolone and shrimp. I only had enough money to get one condiment to put on the pizza. Sure I could go with guacamole which would be really good on the chicken and shrip half. Or I could have gotten ranch which would be really good on the other side. But instead I went with parmesan cheese because that complimented both halves and therefore made the entire pizza better overal.

So yeah just build her with items that compliment both human and cougar form.

from other thread.

IMSavior

12-18-2009

Quote:
PizzaAnalogyGuy:
from other thread.

thank you mr obvious, this thread is talking about which compliment both her forms the best

PizzaAnalogyGuy

12-18-2009

well does physical compliment her human form? Not much.

turntekGodhead

Recruiter

12-18-2009

Quote:
PizzaAnalogyGuy:

C-C-C-C-Combo breaker!

Also I just had like 10 minutes of laughing reading all your posts.
<3

IMSavior

12-18-2009

Quote:
PizzaAnalogyGuy:

physical dps compliments both her forms

her range mixed with the attack speed from primal burst means you can do a lot of damage without investing in a lot of attack speed items, from very far away

compliments her cat form because of q spell

300 dmg + 100 dmg(from spell) = 400 dmg

+ 150% dmg(if lower life) = ~1000 crit (wow insane, its like chos feast[insta kill] on a lower c/d)

yeahhhh yeahhh thats just theory crafting and you probably wont ever hit for 1k with it but just saying..

TKana

12-18-2009

Only played 2 games with her so far, but i definately like her. I tried an AP build first, focussing on R>Q>W>E.
Started with mana crystal, upgrading to sheen then buying boots. Went for Rylai's afterwards and upgrading sheen to Lichbane. Game ended after this. Seemed very solid.

2nd game, i went physical dps. Same starting item, upgraded to sheen, got boots. went frozen mallet. DPS seemed a bit lower then AP spec, and i had a harder time staying in the lane since my heal wasnt healing that much. Had to go Bloodrazor since they had an HP stacking Mundo (which got fed slightly). Was planning to go Infi blade afterwards, and upgrading to triforce after that.

My conclusions:

Any slowing item (Rylai's or Mallet) seems like a must, depending on spec. Rylai's seems more beneficial then Mallet in terms of slowing an opponent.

Low Hp hero means you need some form of HP (again, Rylai's or Mallet should solve that).

Any of the sheenlike items is a must considering your spell spam.

Psysical seems to be better in cat form since your Q ability is based on your Ap. Human form vastly prefers AP spec (javalin 250% also applies to the AP gained and your heal is vastly better).

Needs more testing.

Sorano

Recruiter

12-18-2009

Quote:
Twizzle:
I laned with a mundo. At 3:51, we took our first tower down thanks to speed boost from the heal + mundo's masochism. It's...hilarious.

That's... terrifying. And quite awesome. Mundo does seem like a good lane partner with her.

Played 3 games with her last night. I think she's amazing. Of course she doesn't have cc but it's not like every hero should have some. Her traps are a cool debuff and she brings incredible diversity. My only gripe is that from the art standpoint, her cat form is a big fat copy of WoW's Night Elf Druid. From abilities to animations. It's simply staggering. I'm not quite sure how that decision came through.

Her passive, while situational, is incredibly effective for chasing opponents in jungle or running away in brush. I avoided a 4-man gank while in the top lane of Summoner's Field by simply retreating in the jungle. Nobody could catch me and it was very fun.

Her traps are something I need to test out more. I think they are neat because they can be put down at range during fights without having Nidalee putting them down manually like Teemo. I'd like to see if you can set both a mushroom and a trap in the same over lapping space.

Been going the ap route. I think Nashor's Tooth is simply perfect for her and I've been getting good results. On my first try I bought Berserker's Greave but turns out she really doesn't need them because she's probably the only champ who can reach the haste cap so easily. It's kind of refreshing seeing Nidalee probably OP from the get go instead of seeing underpowered Udyr.

Simple question: Do her traps trigger Rylai's Scepter/Frozen Mallet/Trinity Force slow component?

I wonder what kind of results you could get from going Cat Tank and a Atma's Impaler and spamming Q?

Razerwind

12-18-2009

I use her traps as Teemo shrooms. Place them in the river or in the brush and you have pretty decent visibility as long as you place them in common walking paths.

I tried some DPS builds with her last night and found her R-Q-W-E combo will take any champ down to 2/3 or even 1/2 almost instantly. After that your spike damage is gone so you may want to go out to jav/heal and come back.

I'll try AP tonight...I figured her ratios were god awful but it looks like they're not.

Quinnister

Recruiter

12-18-2009

Personally, I don't see the appeal of DPS Nidalee, although I'm sure it will come off as useful.

1. Yes, her heal will buff her attack speed, meaning her DPS goes up. Do you know who else can really use that attack speed? The other carry on the team. You do not need to go DPS to maximize its effectiveness.

2. AP/CD scaling improves your heal greatly.

3. Both human and cougar form really has nothing which synergizes with DPS, if we assume you're going to keep your buff on the team's DPS.

What exactly does DPS have going for it?