nidalee talks

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basilisk9466

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exantius View Post
The three Sheenlike items do not stack with one another.
In that case, how does it work out priority? Tri-force taking priority over Sheen is a no-brainer, but when/if would Lichbane take priority over Tri-force?

I've just been toying with using both. In my last game, I ended with Tri-force, Guinsoo's (it almost feels made for a hybrid AP/damage champ like her), Rylai's, Deathfire (they had an annoying Rammus, and I just like the item, even if I'm always forgetting it...), Ninja Tabi (10% base dodge chance felt worth building on) and was just about to start on a Lichbane. Tri-force is an excellent item for her, as it appeals very nicely to a hybrid build, but Lichbane is nothing to sniff at either; extra movement speed, more AP, more mana and some spell resistence.

By that time, each Triforced attack was throwing out in the region of 300 damage (100*2.5+50, roughly), but a Lichbaned attack would have been doing more like 350-400.

Lichbane only fires off every three seconds, whereas Triforce operates on every spell. So would that mean that if you were spitting out spells, one every three seconds would be the higher damage Lichbane, and the rest would be Triforce?

Klanky

12-17-2009

Thoguhts so far:

Attack speed is awesome. Her cat form = times when u run oom to do some extra damage.

Cat form pounce is great too. Shes like a weird version of the valkarie (HoN)

Now I have not tried AP though. I would think its awesome. Her long shot is great specially since its so low cooldown. I am thinking a good start is:

1) Go for chalice ASAP.
2) Get Spear and Heal (heal great for attack speed too :P)
3) After chalice Zerkers, and then Its either a 15% lifesteal 50% attack speed, or soulstealer.

More to come :P

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

i tried playing her as a pure dps, and i dont think its good, in ranged form she cant really compete with tristana or teemo or ashe, and melee cat form yi, trynda, jax etc are far superior

i think an ap / hybrid build is really the way to go

nashors tooth seems like it was made for her

Basilisk9466

12-17-2009

The reason why I've fallen in love with her is that she blurs the boundaries very effectively and can do almost anything you ask of her. Heavy team fight? Stay back, snipe with javelin, traps and autoattack, throwing in a heal at anyone in trouble. Got a squishy to kill? Smash their health with a javelin, then Cougar up and slash them to ribbons. Hostile tank? Use your speed and range to kite them. Someone fleeing? Cougar, pounce, slash, takedown, done.

She's not perfect. One on one she wouldn't do well against a well fed Yi, Jax or Trist; but that's the price you pay for being a generalist. And with the right build, she murders towers; being able to switch between range (attack speed buff and easier disengaging) and melee (Triforce buffs from quickfire manaless spells) is very powerful for that. Late game with Guinsoo's and Triforce, I took down a tower with terrifying speed. Not as bad as some Yis I've seen, but certainly not to be sniffed at either.

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk9466 View Post
The reason why I've fallen in love with her is that she blurs the boundaries very effectively and can do almost anything you ask of her. Heavy team fight? Stay back, snipe with javelin, traps and autoattack, throwing in a heal at anyone in trouble. Got a squishy to kill? Smash their health with a javelin, then Cougar up and slash them to ribbons. Hostile tank? Use your speed and range to kite them. Someone fleeing? Cougar, pounce, slash, takedown, done.

She's not perfect. One on one she wouldn't do well against a well fed Yi, Jax or Trist; but that's the price you pay for being a generalist. And with the right build, she murders towers; being able to switch between range (attack speed buff and easier disengaging) and melee (Triforce buffs from quickfire manaless spells) is very powerful for that. Late game with Guinsoo's and Triforce, I took down a tower with terrifying speed. Not as bad as some Yis I've seen, but certainly not to be sniffed at either.
she seems to be better at support more then anything unless your playing against total ******s

with her lack of cc as well its kinda hard to be a good support

cat = chase / jump into team fights and own with pounce / claw slash

human = chase / own with spear / heal / scout with traps

MeanBean

12-17-2009

When I clicked this link I thought it was critique of her being able to talk despite growing up among cougars.

IMSavior

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanBean View Post
When I clicked this link I thought it was critique of her being able to talk despite growing up among cougars.
you might want to go here

evilgoodguy

12-17-2009

I've been building her with:

Sheen
Boots of Swiftness
Ryjals

Past that I'm not sure what to grab, I might try out deathfire grasp

I spend 1-6 harrassing as much as I can while prioritizing mana to keeping my teamate and I up.
Once I hit 6 I spend the majority of the time in cat form.

When team fights break out I go in early with W > E > Q on their dps then W back out.
Once I'm out of focus I pop out for a heal then repeat. If I'm too low I just toss heavy hitting javelins from a safe distance.

I've tried some lifesteal late game but I'm just not convinced it will work, my hp base is just too low. I think perhaps an aegis would be handy.

HereticalCrab

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Korp View Post
I am enjoying an AP build with her. Everything she has benefits from it. It is the build I decided upon from the limited play test realm offered. I do like trinity force though the item seems made for her. I will have to try out physical damage some time. Perhaps after someone else does all the fun math and figures out an optimal build.
Word, even if you just sit around in cat form an ap build is certainly the better of the two choices as it allows you to be viable both early and late game. A sort of hybrid build on her seems to work better than a strict ap or dps one would. Seems to me that with sheen you can really throw out some damage. If you got triforce AND lichbane I think you would be even better. Although I'm not too sure how the two would work with one another. Even if sheen went first and lichbane went second it would still be a lot of extra damage. As long as you had some ability power to back it up

TLDR: HYBRID BUILD LOLZ

HereticalCrab

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klanky View Post
Thoguhts so far:
Shes like a weird version of the valkarie (HoN)
...your telling me you play HoN but don't play DotA? Fail.

1234567 ... 11