Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heart Seeker Strike Overbuffed for Rank 1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spikywarkitten

12-02-2010

imo, the problem is with ArmPen runes.

Bloodpaly

12-02-2010

Quote:
Viro Melchior:
This HURT to try and read the math. You need to learn to use parenthesis properly!
15 + 35% AD * 6 = 15 + 210% AD.
(15 + 35% AD) * 6 = 90 + 210% AD

Revised your math below with less brain hurtage. And took the time to post some stat info to show optimization level.
  • IIRC, Rammus has the most armor base (21 + 3.8/level). This means that if you are looking for maximum power levels 1-5, and build the Longsword straight into a Brutalizer (and get boots), you want to have 25 armor penetration from runes and masteries. You'll get 6 points from your masteries, which leaves 19 penetration. Additionally, this will give you 25 armor pen which is enough to pierce through 100% to Rammus at level 1.
  • 9 Armor Penetration marks nets you 14.94 pen.
  • 3 Armor Penetration quints nets you 9.99, for a total of 24.93. I think that's close enough to 25. :P
  • Filling your glyphs and seals with flat damage nets you 6.39 damage.
  • Plus the 3 damage from masteries, and 10 from a longsword (although if you're totally focusing on early ganks, with the latest change, Doran's Blade is 80% as much damage with 100 hp and some lifesteal to boot, so I'll show the math for it as well).
  • Pantheon has 53.6 damage at level 1.
  • 53.6 + 6.39 + 10 = 69.99 damage.
Heartseeker Strike
Deals 4 + (28% AD) damage to targets in a cone, strikes 5 times. Deals double damage to champions.

Longsword:
5 * 2 * (4 + [28% AD])
10 * (4 + [.28 * 70])
40 + 10 (19.6)
40 + 196
236 * 1.05 (offense tree mastery) = 247

Doran's Blade:
10 * (4 + [.28 * 68])
40 + 10 (19.04)
40 + 190.4
230.4 * 1.05 (mastery) = 241.92

Generally, I think that the -6 damage is worth having another 100 hp and 3% lifesteal, especially at level 2 when you have more non-HSS damage coming up as well.

• Now, some other math of note is that running full marks/quints for armor penetration is only needed against the tanky champions. Ashe, for example, only has 12.7 armor at level 1. Annie is 12.5, Karthus 14.5, Miss Fortune 18, TF 14.4, and Vlad 15.5.
  • Since you're still getting 6 penetration from masteries, this means you can get away with ~12 from runes and be dealing 100% to *most* champions in the game at level 1.
  • Marks give 1.66 armor pen or .95 damage.
  • Quints give 3.33 armor pen or 2.25 damage.
  • So obviously you'll want damage quints before damage marks. To hit 12 armor penetration you need 8 marks. However, lets take all 9 just to do better level 2 and 3 damage as well. This gives 20.94 armor penetration (9 marks and the mastery), and pumps up your damage via quints by 6.75, up to 74.74 (Doran's Blade) or 76.74 (Longsword).

The resulting HSS damage against a target with < 21 armor at level 1 is
5 * 2 * (4 + [28% * 74.74])
40 + 10 (20.9272)
40 + 209.272
249.272 * 1.05 (offense tree mastery) = 261.7
damage with a Doran's Blade, or about 266.8 with a Longsword.

A red, I think Phreak said that offense mastery applies to base damage only.

Quote:
Ellimaus:
mages are supposed to be strong early / midgaem and weak lategame ;D

Veigar lvl 1 burst damage: 80 + (.6 * 20 from book) = 92 damage. At the cost of 75 mana and with a decently long cooldown. And it is single target.

Dyalykit

12-02-2010

PANTHEON IS AS STRONG AS AN OP CHAMP THEREFORE PANTHEON IS FINE LUL. You're a tard.

Last i checked garen couldn't flashstun and force you to eat his full E. Also i'm pretty sure he can't spam Q you till you're low enough to die from said stun/hss combo.

Also he doesnt have a GLOBAL TP DAMAGE ULT HURRR.

The stupidity of this forum astounds me...

Haestro

12-02-2010

Watch out guysss...
I heard sidestepping was hard.

Talamare

12-02-2010

Quote:
Dyalykit:
PANTHEON IS AS STRONG AS AN OP CHAMP THEREFORE PANTHEON IS FINE LUL. You're a tard.

Last i checked garen couldn't flashstun and force you to eat his full E. Also i'm pretty sure he can't spam Q you till you're low enough to die from said stun/hss combo.

You seem mad, bro~

Dzung

Recruiter

12-02-2010

Quote:
Dyalykit:

pretty sure he doesn't do any of that at level 1

Dyalykit

12-02-2010

Quote:
Dzung:
pretty sure he doesn't do any of that at level 1

Lol.... you're using an example of someone sitting in a full judgment as justification for pantheon being able to force you back to fountain at level 3 with 1 combo + summoner spell?

Eve must be OP bro, rapes dumb people.

Jubez

12-02-2010

wait wait how about this...neither champs are over powered, its called "viable-melee"

Dreamscribe

Recruiter

12-02-2010

Quote:
Dyalykit:
Lol.... you're using an example of someone sitting in a full judgment as justification for pantheon being able to force you back to fountain at level 3 with 1 combo + summoner spell?

Eve must be OP bro, rapes dumb people.

Right, because nobody ever sits in a full Judgment at level one when they facecheck brush and a Garen has boots.

o wait.

LairyRover

12-02-2010

Verdict: Garen needs to be nerfed, or pantheon needs to be buffed.

GET ON PHREAKS LEVEL PANTH!