Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Trying to download LoL for first time...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nolank85

07-31-2013

I have not been able to download LoL on my computer. It bounces a few times on the dock and then goes away and gives me an error message. Since this is the first time that I have put this on my mac, the user kernal won't work since I don't have an old one. Is there a solution for those of us who didn't have league installed on their computers before the launch.

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Model: iMac7,1, BootROM IM71.007A.B00, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GHz, 4 GB
Graphics: kHW_ATIr600M74Item, ATI,RadeonHD2400, spdisplays_pcie_device, 128 MB

In terms of submitting my logs, since I didn't download the PBE client, I am not sure where I need to go to get those. Any help would be awesome

Nolank85

07-31-2013

nevermind...my computer is too crappy to run league anyway...i guess i got it a year too early...

I have a Chipset Model: ATI,RadeonHD2400 and i need a 2600

FreakinUnoriginl

07-31-2013

The chipset shouldn't be the issue, the 2400 and 2600 are both from the 2000 series. The _400 and _600 indicates the performance level, though, so a 2400 might work but perform very poorly.

The real issue is that you're on Leopard (10.5), and the League of Legends client requires Snow Leopard (10.6). You can get it for $20 online: < Apple Store page (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard) >

And if you later decide to sell your iMac (say, to help cover the cost of a new one) then you can look up how to do a clean install of Snow Leopard from the disk, lets you sell a clean machine and add a little value. (The disk will default to offering an in-place upgrade, but there's a way to force it to do a clean install.)

I don't know what your situation is, so I don't know if trying to get by on your current machine is worth the $20 gamble, or if you're just ready for a new machine. But I hope I've outlined some options worth considering.