Game closed and won't open up again.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radayam

07-31-2013

A couple hours ago, I had finished a practice session with bots, but when I clicked on the "continue" under the victory message, the entire game closed, and there wasn't an error message or a crash notification. Now whenever I try to play the game, either by clicking on the desktop icon or the icon in the LoL folder, the title will flash on the screen and then disappear, but the login menu never appears, nor does any error message or crash notification. My mouse cursor shows the generic loading icon for a couple of seconds, then stops.

What I've tried so far:

-Restarting/Shutting Down my comp.
-Running the program as an admin.
-Launching the LoL app in the \RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.xxx\deploy directory
-Deleting everything in the \RADS\solutions and \RADS\downloads directories and restarting my comp.(which means that those directories are both still empty because the game isn't loading and thus cannot fill in the missing details)

Radayam

07-31-2013

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and it seems to be working now, but is there any way to prevent, or at least reduce, this from happening? I'd rather not sit through the entire installation on a regular basis.

I forgot to mention in my regular post that I made sure that LoL was being allowed through the firewalls.

Also, my OS is a Dell Inspiron 5520 laptop, with an Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.50 GHz processor, and 8.00 GB RAM, in case any of that information is important to this situation.

Dragonzz6

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2013

There is no problem with your client. You are launching the game and not the air client. The client is what has the matchmaking and the queues and so on. you open that with the PLAY League of legends shortcut on your desktop or running lol launcher .exe. The game client you tried to run is only if you disconnected midgame and need to reconnect. Also this isn't a bug. Post in tech support.