Malzahar, Voidlings disengaging while visions are up.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astaroth628

07-31-2013

As the title says. As to exactly how to reproduce the bug, I'm not entirely sure. But this is what happens.

1. When you use E for malefic visions while having 3 charges, you get your 4th charge with it, summon your voidling, but there's a chance he just stands there doing nothing for a couple of seconds.

2. When the malefic vision jumps to a different target, my voidling instead of chase said target, it disengages battle and comes to my side.

3. Sometimes it even disengages way before the malefic visions is totally consumed, or before it kills its recipient.

Note: This has happened since last patch only.

On the good side of the note, it works wonders when i have 2 visions up. Voidlings stays on targets instead of dancing around

Weirding ways

07-31-2013

I'd like to second this. Instead of sticking to the e'd target no matter what, if I'm moving away from said target the voidling will come straight back to me.

I did some testing, and I can take a guess at whats going on. His voidlings now consider his e target at the same priority level as the target of your auto-attacks (what should be ult>e>auto is now ult>e=auto). When you auto a target once, the voidling will move towards that target, but will only stay on it if you keep auto-attacking that target. In the same way, currently if you e something, the voidling will move towards and attack it, but if you move slightly away or attack something else, since the voidling no longer considers the e'd target as an absolute priority, it will wander off back to you or your new target, when it should be sticking to the e'd target like it sniffed dinner on him.

I tested this by pushing my wave to the tower, then e'ing a random minion and immediately attacking the turret. The voidling started going for minion, but then veered towards the turret and started attacking it, despite the e still being active on the minion. That was a specific situation, but you can test this by e'ing anything and attacking something else (or just moving away), and the voidling will switch targets and ignore the e'd target.

Coming from someone who plays a lot of ad malz, this is a really big issue. First noticed this when I e'd a cait to let the voidling focus her while I ran away, and the voidling just ignored her and ran back with me (despite not being even remotely out of leash range). Being able to properly control voidling agro is kinda important, especially for ad malz (though it hurts ap malz early game a lot too).

Weirding ways

07-31-2013

Side note, on the subject of voidling ai bugs, occasionally after my voidling killed an e'd target and the e doesn't bounce to anything else, the voidling will sit idle even if I auto something. Casting another e seems to 'reset' it, as does moving out it's leash range so that it will start following me, and it will attack my auto target afterwards. I have no idea what triggers this. This occurred both before and after the latest patch.

Astaroth628

07-31-2013

Yup, same as Weirding ways after doing some testing. When you move away is when they disengage. I'm pretty sure this wasn't intended with the new patch... Maybe if we don't get a fix or an answer, can we start calling them dumblings?

Fix please or i'll cry many many tears, and will punch my dog's newborn puppies!

Weirding ways

07-31-2013

You heard the man Riot. Do it for the puppies!

Riot Afic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

08-01-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Hey guys, thanks for all the information about this issue. I admittedly don't play toooo much Malzahar so this thread has been helpful in providing extra insight into the champion. I will definitely look into this and see if I can get any issues resolved. I'll make sure to keep this thread updated on my findings and please mention any other issues you find with Malzahar!

Weirding ways

08-01-2013

Woo, nice to hear he's getting some attention

ClatoVerataNicto

08-01-2013

I feel like the disengage range on voidlings was dramatically reduced. By this I mean you have to be closer to the target the voidling is attacking, or it will disengage and run back to your side. Previous to this patch there was a more relaxed distance you could stand. If you stand at the "incorrect" distance, just to far, but not very far, they just run laps back and forth.

Ofermod

Recruiter

08-01-2013

Yeah... It seems like it's almost worse than it was prior to the QoL update they did when they improved the range to begin with.

PallasAthens

08-01-2013

Side question but, I can't make topics because the prefix title option isn't working. Any..fix?