UserKernel on dock?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feliandix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2013

When I launch LoL (with the properly-pinned League of Legends app icon) I get two more L icons on the dock: UserKernel and LoL Launcher. Upon right-clicking the UserKernel, it tells me the application is not responding. The actual game and client work just fine, but my friend who also uses the Mac client told me that he's never seen UserKernel on his dock. Should I be worried?

Mirror

07-30-2013

No, that's just how the Launcher and game client open.

Zomgbeast

08-05-2013

But if UserKernel is how launcher is opened does that mean I can close it once I get into the Client? And is this case can I also close the launcher once I get into the client?

Mirror

08-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomgbeast View Post
But if UserKernel is how launcher is opened does that mean I can close it once I get into the Client? And is this case can I also close the launcher once I get into the client?
The Launcher should disappear automatically before you see the PvP.net Client (the login screen). Does the window with Ryze and "North America - Available" stick around after you click that golden Play button?

Mike4Real

08-08-2013

Mine does the same thing. UserKernel is always "Not Responding" on my computer. If you have a different OS than your friend (such as Snow Leopard, which is what I use) that might be why he can't see the process in the dock, but you can.

I made a post on here a long time ago about this issue but it didn't really get any serious attention. Its pretty annoying and something about is definitely not working correctly, but it doesn't seem to affect the game. You can force quit that process and the client will keep working afterwards.