Locket will be everything Bulwark was and worse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ðelicious

07-30-2013

I doubt it. it sucks now.

shppy

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
what the hell do I build if I jungle and need MR now.

Well, Locket + a null-magic mantle still costs less than Bulwark did. You'll have 15 less MR, but roughly 130-230 (assuming you get locket at level 8 at the earliest) more hp.

LSA

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
what the hell do I build if I jungle and need MR now.
nothing
you just die

Still Eternity

07-30-2013

The point is it's cheaper to buy the New Locket rather than both the Old Locket and Bulwark, so Jungler can sink more money into other items.

shppy

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincstyle View Post
This is a good thing....it's extremely useful to tanky champions and will help the team.

It's not a good thing. It possesses the exact same problems that made Bulwark remove-worthy... only the problems are amplified for Locket, since it costs less, is more personally-cost-efficient, and provides more team defense.

Algrimor

07-30-2013

I agree OP. They took a must buy item and put most of it's stats and aura on another almost equally good item that will be must buy. Every team will have two lockets at least.

BoJaxHorseweapon

07-30-2013

Yep, more efficient than bulwark, will still be seen in every game.

shppy

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algrimor View Post
I agree OP. They took a must buy item and put most of it's stats and aura on another almost equally good item that will be must buy. Every team will have two lockets at least.

worst part is they stack even more effectively than Bulwarks stacked. Cuz while auras only stack for the people possessing the item, the shield will partially stack for everyone on the team.

(Multiple Locket shields don't stack when used at the same time, it just refreshes, but they can be used separately, though any Locket shields within a few second of the first only apply at half value... it's still better stacking for teammates than auras grant though)

So there's even a solid incentive for both the jungler and the support (and maybe even top, honestly) to get one each.

Eletale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeynid View Post
Except now the support can buy it. And you can't get a more powerful aura. And some people don't think the shield is good enough to constitute upgrading Aegis to get the same aura.
I feels like it's actually quite expensive an item for a support to buy, now. I'm more inclined to think supports have now lost an item.

Superbone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2013

The real problem with it is that there's not a better item to build. We don't need to make it bad to accomplish that. Actually, what we need is more gold available to junglers somehow. Maybe if smite is off CD they get Gp10, so if they are sitting around they get money. That would seem like a very good mastery point to me instead of the currently mediocre smite point. Past 15-20 minutes, junglers get almost no farm, which is why they bought basically 2 items - SotAG and Bulwark. You don't have money for anything after those, and you generally finish them around 20 or 25 minutes.

Now, if junglers were getting gold after 20 minutes in they might still buy those, but it might be later in the game because they could still count on having gold later.