Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How is Intel HD Graphics 4400/4600?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

henrythai

07-30-2013

Looking to buy a new laptop.

I know integrated won't compare to dedicated video cards, but I'm just looking for opinions on how the new graphics cards that come with the Intel Haswell CPUs are.

Would I be able to play without FPS drops and stably? I don't mind playing at the lowest settings.

WC3betterthanSC

07-30-2013

no

buy a real card

QuickDash

07-30-2013

TBH I could play this game on low with 60 fps using some crappy laptop i bought in 2007

WC3betterthanSC

07-30-2013

Quote:
QuickDash:
TBH I could play this game on low with 60 fps using some crappy laptop i bought in 2007

has nothing to do with the date

it's the quality of the graphic card that matters

any high end graphic card from ~ 2006 should do the trick

Root and Shaw

07-30-2013

Quote:
WC3betterthanSC:
no

buy a real card

no Intel HD graphics could get 100 + fps easily he doesnt need to overspend

Deodorized

07-30-2013

I wouldn't wipe my ass with that card.

Baboobs

07-30-2013

I'm running HD4600 on an Intel 4702MQ. 60+ fps on high settings (low shadow) no problems.

Englebrecht

07-30-2013

I have an i5 and used the integrated graphics on it while I didn't have a card. Worked fine at 720p and low settings.

Flipyflopies

Recruiter

07-30-2013

I play this game on a crappy G620 dual core with intel HD graphics on my 40" TV with my HTPC when I have people over and it runs 60 fps on medium to low settings at 1920x1080. If you don't expect to run the game at max settings or a super high resolution (2560x1600) you really don't need much gpu power to play it. Granted you will always have a better experience with a decent dedicated card, but if you don't mind lower settings you should be ok.

Calderweiss

07-30-2013

I use Intel Hd 4000 on a university laptop and I play it on medium setting with like 40-50 fps.

I worried about the same problems as you and trust me it works fine.