Patch 3.10 Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HPfunman

07-31-2013

wait so yi CAN BE SLOWED CAN BE SLOWED CAN BE SLOWED CAN BE SLOWED now?
I feel like that's a HUGE nerf to his late game!

Traksor

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0rdV4der View Post
Why taunting can affect the game play now? So if kat vs 2 enemy and one of the enemy keeps taunting her, does it mean she cannot use her shunpo all the time?
It's not /taunt, it's the rammus/shen abilities to taunt a champion.

TisForTat

07-31-2013

Hey Riot, I just did a custom game. There's seems to be a bug with your "1 pair of boots limiting system" with this patch. You can still buy boots as long as they aren't the same kind of boots, although interestingly you cannot upgrade them into the same type of enchantment.

This means I can buy standard tier 1 boots with Merc Treads, or Boots Of Swiftness with Ninja Tabi, etc. as examples.

Enjoyable update overall.

Also for people that don't know, the Thresh nerf/buff on his passive basically means, until he collects 101 souls, he gains less armor and ap, but after that, it is a buff making late game even stronger for a weaker late game.

Also as far as Banshee Veil, Athene's Unholy Grail somewhat fills that loss for Ryze and such actually. It does not increase his mana, but it increases his ap (which he still scales off of), his cdr, and gives him heavy mana sustain, particularly the passive (kills/assists restore % max mana). Just saying.

Saoquim

07-31-2013

Am I the only one who loves the change to Loaded Dice? That's the best change Riot's done since they increased the cooldown on Lux's ult.

Akuni

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shango View Post
I bet you barely understood what I said

go back to your arams and unranked garbage
Dude... I seriously wonder why you're not banned yet. That whole attitude is more than just offensive - You might call youself dbag mc scrooge from now on...

Jeez. To top that you accepted the summoner's code. You might want to re-read what's actually written in there.

Just a hint: Stop cussing at others. Stop using offensive terms left and right. You just end up being banned for being a dbag - Do you want that? You can do better, try being nicer. If your standard attitude is that aggressive you might want to take a deep breath from time to time before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaFrozenheart View Post
Congratulations, you just made TF ten times harder for me to use....

3 seconds before my gold card vanishes is NOT ENOUGH DAMN TIME.

My style of play, since I'm an ASSASSIN is this. Pick a card> Gold> Destiny> Gate> Attack target.

because of the STUPID changes, I can't pick a card too soon or my gold vanishes and the STUPID THING goes on CoolDown by the time I am there!!! If I pick it too late, I'll be going into the fight without my gold for a stun, meaning I'll be instant killed too soon to BURST my target.

Oh..wait, what's that Riot? You want me, a squishy ASSASSIN ap carry to go into a fight with my gold card NOT locked in, so the enemy can have a better chance to kill me in that 1 second where I need to time the ticking roulette correctly, lock in the gold AND lock in my auto attack target to my desired target? All in less then a second?.......
v.v ....I am not a bot, I am not a program that can do all that in less then a second, ....I'm sorry for being so very emo about this, really, but it's how I'm feeling right now.
Now this is exactly what I've been talking about here... Nerf one abuse, nerf limitless side-cases. And you could just fix the abuse directly without any side-voodoo! <_<

Soviet Union

07-31-2013

I was wondering if anyone in regards to the changes Ryze is facing in this patch; could kindly explain the thought process behind this.

As a player that is the most comfortable with Ryze (having leveled from 1-30) practically only using this champion when I started this game nearly 2 years ago; and still continue to utilize him as my comfort pick to this day. I believe the changes this champion has received will greatly impact him in a negative way.

When Ryze's Q range was reduced to 650 from 700 (v1.0.0.139 - 2012-05-01). My entire play style as Ryze changed drastically. I was no longer able to utilize the range for any sort of poke early game, which this champion is known to be at its weakest. To this day, I still remember that range reduction, because I went from playing that champion as an early aggressor, to just a passive farmer and "hoping" I can get it through the lane phase on my own during the initial stages.

Now while to most players who probably don't lane as Ryze, '50' range reduction may sound silly. But as someone who's played him since Level 1 (to this day I'm curious how many Normal wins/losses I've accumulated with him); this was a big hit to Ryze's play style as a whole, not just my own.

1) This provides more counters (champions who out range him) within the Mid lane. As already a very weak early game champion, this destroys his early game deficiencies even more.

2) I was looking through the other forum sections and seeing as how others players reacted, and one individual had the following statement "now only viable against melee champs" followed by another individual "Range means everything". While I do believe the first statement is drastic, but the player is just trying to show his frustration; the second quote I believe holds some ground.

In comparison to my first statement, reducing the range of Ryze hurts him far more than the 'buffs' or any sort of movement speed would provide.

- We could potentially receive a MS buff for our ultimate; that's if the champion gets that far late game where he could make a difference; if he hasn't been destroyed early game where he lacks the most.

- Any sort of flash engages or passive farming which was already difficult as it is with his incapability to farm early game has also vanished more; due to the range insufficiency.

I usually don't tend to post on the forums, and just tend to play the 'game'. But this change is really hurting this champion.

As i solemnly believe, especially when his Q had its range reduced in the past. As a long time player of this champion (*still hoping for that Triumphant Ryze skin one day*) I had to take a step back in how I played this champion in the game, and with this possible upcoming change I'm going to have to take two; and be in front of a wall that this champion would possibly never be able to climb over after.
================================================== ==========
Some additional information from myself and others that have contributed to the following thread about this changes:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post39720721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
Context: We wanted to focus on Ryze’s core identity as a “mid-range” mage so that he needs to focus on movement to get to his priority targets.
- With all 3 damage abilities being reduced in range, that means I need to "waste" and waste is the key word here. Waste my ultimate, to catch up to a target. So what is the point of having any spell vamp on it? Caitlyn with just her basic auto attack range alone, can kite me all day. (650 vs 600).

MS is now 340 (up from 335)
+ Movement speed up by 5, barely any increase in potential of maneuverability.

[Q] - Overload - Range is now 600 (down from 650)

- Losing trading potential as a Mid and Top laner
- Loses potential for flash engages or flash kills where that Q reticule range is barely at the edge for the kill

[W] - Rune Prison - Now costs 60/70/80/90/100 Mana (down from 80/90/100/110/120 Mana)
[W] - Rune Prison - Now has a range of 600 (down from 625)

+ Reduced the mana cost on Rune Prison. This helps Ryze utilize this ability more often, however.
- Rune Prison at Level 1 and 6% Cooldown reduction is on a cast time of 13.16 seconds. Reducing the mana doesn't help the survivability of Ryze any worse as it already is early game, or help him spam it more.
- 100 mana vs 120 mana at maxed ranked for Ryze is universally pointless. He's Ryze, most build him as a Mana champion. 20 mana makes no difference or help with his mana pool.
- Reducing the range of Rune Prison as well allows melee and most importantly ranged champions utilize their ability as "ranged AP" and overpower ryze. Not fight him on a fair and even scale. If you look at the range reticule of 625 Rune Prison now, and if you're thinking of reducing both the W,Q and E to 600 range. Then this is almost no different of the ability range several melee champions possess.

[E] - Spell Flux - Range is now 600 (down from 700)
- Yes again became a Top only champion. Reducing the range of his E as well to 600 range. This allows top champions who almost all have some sort of hard/lock CC or gap closers to engage on Ryze much more easily and escape just the same.
- As pointed above, again losing a large potential as a current Mid laner.

[R] - Desperate Power - Now grants 60/70/80 Movement Speed (up from 35/45/55)
+ Granting movement speed gain to a Level 6 ability, allows him to chase better
- However, getting to 6 was already a task of its own, as he's a very weak early game champion.
- Unable to utilize the movement speed potential, since all his abilities have had their range reduced.
- We now need to utilize our ultimate to potentially catch up to our target, rather than use it to sustain any damage done to us.

I believe with these changes if it was meant to lower his potential top lane specifically and or late game vs ADC. Then he will be removed as a potential mid laner indefinitely and just go top only from now on either way. Because, what else is he meant to do with a reduced ranged once again on his Q; while other champions (Brand, Nidalee, Annie, Anivia, Orianna, Jayce, etc) who will just literally zone him out and not allow him to play mid anymore.

If this change is in the process of making Ryze a top laner, then their going in the right direction. If their thinking these changes will still allow players to play mid, I personally believe that would be incorrect.

Also as a potential top laner only now, he will still have a very tough time against many champions that have a solid CC and close-in ability. Ryze has 0 escapes; his W is just a snare, and still allows champions to cast while under the Rune Prison. For example, champions such as Aatrox is a good example; will practically out maneuver and outplay Ryze as a champion itself based off: Survivability (healing continuously), passive to revive, gap closer to jump in/out, cleave/long range auto attacks.

Ryze is just going to become a very low tier champion that might only have potential end-game as always, if he has his fingers crossed and every other lane manages to help him in his or win theirs beyond the other team ever managing a win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabnork View Post
If this change goes through I will have to refund my recently purchased Ryze skin and stop playing him forever. The mere struggle it takes to get through lane phase justified his strength mid to late game, much like Kassadin/Akali/Vladimir/Kog'Maw who all have horrible 1-8 and then start to really pick up at 9+ levels.

As he is right now, his combos and playstyle are INGRAINED in Ryze mains. To change this would be to destroy the champion we know. When that Ryze Q range nerf went live, as said before, it completely changed the playstyle of Ryze. Aggressive fighting against champions that were stronger than Ryze were basically made moot. Ryze could duel Annie or Cassiopeia before the range reduction, but now he needs to worry about the wave pushing instead of harassing. He already has ample counters in lane, and beefy bruisers with gap closers or CC negate his burst lategame (like every other mage).

Ryze, like any hypercarry or extremely strong champion, has a windup time in which the enemy must take action or he'll get to the point where it is too difficult to fight him, EG: Vayne, Vladimir, Karthus, Tryndamere, Season 3 Rework Evelynn, Kog'Maw. Range reductions destroy viability and are only implemented in extreme cases.

Remember AD Kennen? That little wench called Diana? AP midlane Eve? Core Abyssal Scepter on every single mage? Flash that was ACTUALLY reliable and could get you over most walls? Elise top/mid lane? Graves with 550 range?

We've seen Eve and Elise go to jungle, Abyssal Scepter became a rarity except for double AP comps, Kennen stopped being played bot (except for sometimes in LCS), and a hell of a lot of fail flashes.

Three range reductions on a champion that has been in the game for 3 years would make him a joke with all the powercreep in terms of hard CC, revives, built in tankiness and escape moves that all the new ranged AND MELEE champions seem to be made with nowadays.

Yes, his tankiness was a problem, but only after getting several items and farming his Tear to ~500. I wouldn't have a problem if they just nerfed his movement speed and increased the cost of his W or something to prevent his dominance in lane. Or even if they lowered his base resistances, he could still be a good champion. But if they reduce the range on THREE of his skills and give him 5 passive MS and 25 active MS, might as well just take him top vs. Nasus or Shen cuz there's no way in hell he's going to be able to survive at mid against anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
I'd honestly be more in favor of sharply reducing his snare duration (.75/.875/1/1.125/1.25 seconds?), reducing his mana ratios to the point that tanky Ryze can't hit very hard, increasing his AP ratios further, and reducing his spellvamp on ult to 5/7.5/10%. Then make his Q able to damage towers and reduce its mana cost.

The ultimate goal, of course, would be to force Ryze to use his DPS build if he wants to deal massive damage lategame, but slightly improve his early game to compensate.

DPS Ryze is an interesting champion thanks to his role as an "AP AD Carry." Tank Ryze is much less interesting.
Quote:
This is also something I didn't consider. I would have no problem if they transferred the AP ratio on his Q to his W, slightly increased the mana scaling on his Q but let it scale off mana alone. This way his entire kit would either be focused solely on landing multiple Q's on a single target instead of just ulting and dropping all his spells all over the place to get sh*tload of AOE damage down on a group.

Would also open up Archangel Staff > Deathcap > Liandry > Rylais for DPS Ryze who would focus on teamfighting with his ult into W and E for maximum AOE instead of his normal tanky build which would be tailored for Q spam on a single target.

If his Q could hit towers then it would open up too many possibilities (Lichbane Deathcap Teleport splitpush Ryze). That could be gamebreaking in professional situations where towers go down by 3-4 minutes.

His snare does last too long because with 40% CDR you can snare someone twice and land 4 Q's on them in between. Needs a second off maximum duration at least.
Quote:
This is not even close to the frustration of playing against a fed Ryze as an ADC. He can get ganked at top if he goes there to lane, but when he reaches lategame he can kill an attacking ADC in about 1.5 seconds while taking no damage, which is what the majority of people are complaining about, not his lane potential.

That said, there is a reason why they change cooldowns, damage and scaling long before they even consider range. While he is too good at top lane, he was designed as a mid lane mage and should be balanced around that by changing his damage or tankiness, not making him the mage equivalent of Darius where it's either you kite him to death or he 1 cycles you. Gutting a champion's abilities is worse than a failed rework because old mains don't play them anymore and new players don't even try to play him after hearing the word "nerf". If he had low ranges then people would just pick Annie or Xerath or Caitlyn every game and farm him if he goes mid, or he'd get abused at top lane by people like Darius or Rengar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
  • Mage
Mages are mostly ranged champions...
Of course the word used nicely there is "mostly". Anyhow, I appreciate any input the Riot Team may have on this and thank you for taking the time to read this. I by no means want to bash anyone from Riot for route this Champion has now taken. I've been playing this game far too long, and thank everyone at Riot for putting out such great service and always trying to improve and achieve something great.

But was just wanting to let everyone know of our input and thoughts from the players who've played this champion for such an extensive period, and engrained him as one of our favorites.

Lheureux

07-31-2013

but how will I solo dragon at level 7 on fiddlesticks now

op fiddlestick

07-31-2013

wheres lucian?

SGN Det0x

07-31-2013

Information on when the hell Lucian is gonna release would be nice....

KerfuffleBubbles

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarasu Sama View Post
The new icons are very awkward, they don't match the art style of the other items. Prime examples being Vamp Scepter, building into a completely different art styled Cutlass and haunting guise, into Liandry's. I have to say, I like the revolver and other new ones(Not including scepter). But I hope to see all icons re-done for consistency.

I expect they will be eventually changing all the icons to match the art style of the new icons for that very reason. I think I'm probably 1 of the very few people that do like the new looks.