Summoner's Rift Detailed Art feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemoncookies1

06-05-2014

Does the smiley face bot lane return?

HesOnTop

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragu View Post
Am I the only person who doesn't really have a problem with the whole purple side thing? I just set all my hud scaling bars to 1 or whatever, problem solved.
It doesn't solve the problem. I set mine as small is it can and I raised the resolution on my pc as high as it can go full screen.

I've also been using unlocked cam every time im purple team for 2 years so far and it still doesn't make it any easier on me, always missing skill shots I would have hit if I was aiming from purple, and not being able to see the enemies when they can already see me.

Lattice Enthalpy

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
I think it is a great idea, our shaders do not currently support that tech but I can see where you are going with it.
What are your thoughts on a night/day cycle? This would be super cool, open the door for mechanics on future champions, and really bring the game to life. However, if it would put too much strain on the computer system, or the whole team bringing this together, I would definitely want to hear it. Is it something you looked into, and decided to not have in, or did you want to do it, but just couldn't for various reasons? Please tell us about the Day/Night cycle and your thoughts

j j

06-05-2014

Just needs a winter version! gogogo 2009/2010!!!

Kyo Ayanami

06-05-2014

About the champion arts, can you please update it, some looks aweful (REALLY aweful) as instance Evelynn, or use the Tencent arts?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Evelynn 00.jpg (159.9 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg Evelynn_Splash_0.jpg (643.4 KB, 63 views)

exec3

06-06-2014

Nice to see the map finally be announced! It's looking nice, I love the new minions and jungle camps, the spawns and the outer edge parts where you can look far down, looks epic. There is definitely a DOTA vibe but mostly because of the low looking definition of the environment (it generally has a washy look and lacks sharp detail though I doubt you'll have DOTA's issue of being unable to tell the environment and champions apart :P ). It's kind of strange how dark a lot of the map can be despite being on a mountain top, also a lot of the map doesn't really look like it'd come from a mountain top either so that's a little off. Overall looking good, will probably have more to say once we have more to look at.

A question. Will Nexus and minions be getting ported over to the other maps? They're an eyesore on ALL maps not just SR. Though if you're looking for unique minions and nexus's for each map that'd be cool, I just hope it's not being forgotten about.

Oh and is the new map making use of the new Audio Engine? I just can't help but notice they're being released fairly close together so maybe the new Audio Engine is needed for the new map for some new special sound effects.

Also does Dragon get a name now!?!

Red Hypernova

06-06-2014

It looks great, but have you consider visual fatigue? This map looks less colorful and with less sharpness and contrast. Style wise (I won't miss that cartoonish borderlands style this game used to have) this is much better, and I presume gamma, color, sharpness and all that is tweakable

Red Hypernova

06-06-2014

the purple caster minion avatar will remain the same right?

iAteMyVegetables

06-06-2014

Ok so I noticed that the turrets from red and blue side are different. The thing is though I feel the red ones are way more epic. You see that light coming from it as well, just like what you see at the nexus. While blue side just looks like normal turrets only ofcourse better looking, but they're just in the ground like normal. So is that final or will the blue side also get that light from it, just a different design than the red side.

Also I wonder why there are no differences in turret designs from red side nexus turrets and inhib turrets. It would be great if Nexus turrets would look the strongest 'cause it's protecting the most important thing, and even the Inhib turrets they're more important than the lane turrets imo. It would be so great to see some variety, maybe even something as simple as difference in sizes. And I feel like the Nexus is too small, since it's the most important thing, if you destroy that you win, so it being that small, I don't know, it feels less epic.

Tl;dr I hope that the turrets get more variety. (Lane, Inhib, Nexus turrets) And that the Nexus becomes bigger so it has more of an epic feel.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-06-2014
90 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessembrae View Post
RiotForScience since you are lurking around, I am curious to know much of the new Rift was a direct result of forum feedback from your threads versus what you had already planned internally? Also, are there any particular details of the new map that you feel abnormally proud of?
I think this thread has been a very valuable resource in the creation of the update. A lot of fantastic ideas originated here. A lot of really good ideas were able to gain enough momentum to be implemented because of the backing of your input.

My role on the team isn't really to own any individual thing but to keep an eye on the map from a birds eye view. I am really proud of the team I am a part of.