Summoner's Rift Detailed Art feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keiran13

03-25-2014

This just in! RiotForScience declares the work of previous environment artists a "bag of skittles", claims he'll turn Summoner's Rift into a Monet!

(I tease!)

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

03-25-2014
75 of 97 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran13 View Post
This just in! RiotForScience declares the work of previous environment artists a "bag of skittles", claims he'll turn Summoner's Rift into a Monet!

(I tease!)

I totally made it a new paragraph just so it would be clear that I was making an example about how saturation works that was disconnected from the previous thought... I actually deliberated for a while before hitting enter too...

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

03-25-2014
76 of 97 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
I totally made it a new paragraph just so it would be clear that I was making an example about how saturation works that was disconnected from the previous thought... I actually deliberated for a while before hitting enter too...
The skittles were real. I was there. I experienced the skittles. /shiver

exec3

03-25-2014

So if Skittles is the current SR and Monet will be the next SR, what was the original SR? :O

daft inquisitor

03-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by exec3 View Post
So if Skittles is the current SR and Monet will be the next SR, what was the original SR? :O
A finger painting by an elementary school kid.

Tortferngatr

03-25-2014

I think that the color schemes for each section of new TT feel "colorful if you think about it." That might be in the same sense as Armor of the Fifth Age Taric is worth 975 RP if you think about it.

I suspect that by colorless people mean "it just feels like a slab of blue-gray with dots of brighter color, with silver-blue and gray-purple at the ends and maybe some dark green-gray for Vilemaw and the shopkeepers." Compare that to old TT, where it's much harder to really say there's a "slab" of anything.

I think that it might be worth trying out changing the color of the brush (possibly getting some extra TT balance changes out with it) and recoloring the mushrooms in the bottom jungle to stand out *slightly* more (maybe one side blue/cyan and the other magenta/purple?). See if the changes make the map look more vibrant without sacrificing superior visibility.

Tortferngatr

03-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
The skittles were real. I was there. I experienced the skittles. /shiver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PEsMra3VWk

Majin Bl3u

03-26-2014

Can we get ANY update on what kind of progress has been made with the SR upgrade? I mean ideally I'd like to know if we are going to see this released any time this year, or if it won't be coming out for another 2-3 years.

Even if you can't tell us anything about projected deadlines, can you we at least hear where you are at in terms of planning/execution? Are you still working to solidify a direction? Do you have goals defined? Have you made any progress or are you still discussing the whats and whens? Has the development/design/asset creation process already started? Can we get SOME sort of status update? I know you want to keep it quiet because you don't want to commit in case the project gets derailed or put on hold, but it would be nice to know what tasks you are currently undertaking for this map upgrade.

Thanks!

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

03-26-2014
77 of 97 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin Bl3u View Post
Can we get ANY update on what kind of progress has been made with the SR upgrade? I mean ideally I'd like to know if we are going to see this released any time this year, or if it won't be coming out for another 2-3 years.

Even if you can't tell us anything about projected deadlines, can you we at least hear where you are at in terms of planning/execution? Are you still working to solidify a direction? Do you have goals defined? Have you made any progress or are you still discussing the whats and whens? Has the development/design/asset creation process already started? Can we get SOME sort of status update? I know you want to keep it quiet because you don't want to commit in case the project gets derailed or put on hold, but it would be nice to know what tasks you are currently undertaking for this map upgrade.

Thanks!
The purpose of this thread is to gather feedback based on people's feelings and opinions about the state of SR. There are similar threads for every map and even a thread for maps that we have not made. The existence of this thread should not imply any future direction. It is just a convenient place for people to leave input where they know the members of the Environment Team will see it.

Majin Bl3u

03-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
The purpose of this thread is to gather feedback based on people's feelings and opinions about the state of SR. There are similar threads for every map and even a thread for maps that we have not made. The existence of this thread should not imply any future direction. It is just a convenient place for people to leave input where they know the members of the Environment Team will see it.
Yeah, I know... I'm just excited by the idea of a SR update (as I'm sure you are too!) and was hoping to squeeze out some info heh. It was worth a shot...