Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can you jump a Tier in ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baylenson

Recruiter

07-31-2013

Anyone know what kind of win streak or MMR you need. I had a 26-1 streak once that brought me from B5 to B2 and I didn't skip anything. Maybe my MMR was just that bad though lol.

pwrwisdomcourage

07-31-2013

Quote:
Baylenson:
Anyone know what kind of win streak or MMR you need. I had a 26-1 streak once that brought me from B5 to B2 and I didn't skip anything. Maybe my MMR was just that bad though lol.

No clue, you can lolking me for a rough estimate of how lolking effects it, i jumpted about 500 LKS, which is roughly 500 elo overnight. However it didn't feel like skipping any leagues for me.

Zimboda

07-31-2013

I was winning 8/10 games constantly and jumped from gold 5 to 3

yo momma34

07-31-2013

You jump from winning every game in your div from 0LP - Promo games

SIVLEOL

07-31-2013

Quote:
yo momma34:
You jump from winning every game in your div from 0LP - Promo games

Not true, today I lost a game, won a game and got my promo series in gold IV, then won both my promos and got skipped to gold II. It seems that as long as your mmr is very high and you win all of your promos you get skipped, as when I was Gold V I won all my games from 0 lp up to promo but lost a game during promo and was only increased by one division.

PlsApport

07-31-2013

Quote:
SIVLEOL:
Not true, today I lost a game, won a game and got my promo series in gold IV, then won both my promos and got skipped to gold II. It seems that as long as your mmr is very high and you win all of your promos you get skipped, as when I was Gold V I won all my games from 0 lp up to promo but lost a game during promo and was only increased by one division.

It has nothing to do with what games you win or anything. IT just has to do with whether your MMR is higher than the division you're advancing to.

GPhoe

07-31-2013

I recently moved into Gold V.

I played about 5 games before my promotion after getting into Gold V. I went 4-1. Then promotion, I went 2-1. I got promoted to Gold III. So I skipped Division IV. I don't know how it works. But I think it depends on your "MMR" like people say. I get 30 LP per win.

VG Rune High

07-31-2013

Yes: You can skip.
No: It's not just from V to III. (I went from III to I in Silver)
Yes: It's based on wins and MMR.

GodRB23

10-27-2013

Yes, three of my friends have jumped their tiers one from silver 4 to silver 2 and one from gold 4 to gold 2.

Bowling900Series

10-05-2014

Now, I know this is an old thread, but I hope that someone will answer my question. I have heard and seen someone go from Bronze to Gold, just completely skipped silver, by winning two series in 24 hours. I know it used to be the case because of that instance, but does anyone know if it is still possible?