Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can you jump a Tier in ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

clurt

07-30-2013

Someone told me that if you win 6 in a row you jump from silver 4 to silver 2 for example.

Saltee Kibosh

07-30-2013

Not true

StarsMine

07-30-2013

I think you can yes, but not from winning 6 in a row. Its by getting your MMR significantly higher.

NomadTolis

07-30-2013

There is no set number of wins in order to jump. However I have heard of people skipping divisions after promotion series. My understanding is, that after winning the series, if your hidden MMR is far above the division you would be promoted to, they will push you accordingly.

No source though. Any official comment?

Hi im Zinc

07-30-2013

Yes you can. I have a friend who is a Plat 5 player. he won every game from 0- series well getting clamped for about 5 games. it took about 10-12 games for him to get to series. won them all. won both series games and jumped to plat 3. so yes it is possible you just have to get your MMR high

Jefito

07-30-2013

I've jumped from V division to III division in Bronze, Silver, and Gold. But i have not been able to skip anywhere else, i'm pretty sure its only in the V division with a high MMR but a relatively low Division.

PlsApport

07-30-2013

You can skip any division if your MMR is higher than the next division above you.

Elyzian

07-30-2013

This happened to me.Yes you can skip tiers. Not by winning 6 in a row though. There is no set number of matches to do this. You just need to have a higher mmr than what is normal at your current placement.

I was in gold 5. i was on a really big win streak from silver 2. My mmr skyrocketed and when i won my promo series in gold 5, since my mmr was around gold1/2, the system decided to let me skip gold 4 and just place me in gold 3.

VertexRose

07-30-2013

You can't jump from Bronze to Silver or Silver to Gold but you can jump in the I,II,III,IV,V divisions. After you complete your promotions if your MMR is exceedly too high it will adjust accordingly. I've jumped from Gold V->Gold III since i pretty much hot streaked from 0pts to promotion.

Most people just jump 1 division over. I haven't heard of anyone jumping 2 divisions over yet.

HF LividVirus

07-30-2013

Yes, you can jump divisions.