Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How should the towers be changed?

Leveling with the Summoners!! It would make it an average level amongst the players! 11 16.92%
They should never be changed! How dare you good sir!! 24 36.92%
Towers made stronger? Now THAT is a great idea! 10 15.38%
Time Limits? Yes please! Make the towers grow stronger with age! 17 26.15%
Great Idea! But now is not the time.. Perhaps later.. Too lazy at the moment.. 3 4.62%
Voters 65 .

Leveling Towers with Attitude!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaawn

12-07-2010

Quote:
Fruitstrike:
Actually, the towers get weaker as the game progresses and the minion waves scale up. It's because we want games to end, not to be stalemated. If you had a permanent safety zone as someone who can kill creep waves well (Morgana, Heimerdinger, Nasus, etc), then games would quickly stalemate. We WANT the enemy team to be able to tower dive you in late game.

Hmm... but with flash / ghost, I can tower dive at level 1.... as Ashe .... explain that one :-P

Dreampod

12-07-2010

Quote:
Fruitstrike:
Actually, the towers get weaker as the game progresses and the minion waves scale up. It's because we want games to end, not to be stalemated. If you had a permanent safety zone as someone who can kill creep waves well (Morgana, Heimerdinger, Nasus, etc), then games would quickly stalemate. We WANT the enemy team to be able to tower dive you in late game.

I'm pretty sure that your statement is misleading there Fruitsy. Unless something has been changed that I missed or that wasn't included in patch notes the second tower and base towers stats scale up during the duration of the game. However your general point remains true because (a) it is slower than minion scaling and (b) it caps at a certain point and minions scale indefinitely (to the best of my knowledge).

Viro Melchior

Recruiter

12-07-2010

Quote:
Fruitstrike:

Perhaps the proper recourse currently would be to increase the rate that their damage increases during a fight. Because while I understand wanting to allow tower diving, when they can take 10+ shots from the tower, WHILE chasing me around in circles getting hits off, the tower might as well just implode for all the use it has.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

12-07-2010

Quote:
Dreampod:
I'm pretty sure that your statement is misleading there Fruitsy. Unless something has been changed that I missed or that wasn't included in patch notes the second tower and base towers stats scale up during the duration of the game.

Both are right. Towers get stronger towards midgame, and then weaker as lategame continues.

Orimoth

Recruiter

12-07-2010

Quote:
Fruitstrike:

Do the minions and jungle creeps scale up indefinitely?

ll Katarina ll

12-11-2010

before level 6, the tower protects you, after level 6, you protect the tower.

Sneaky Thing

12-14-2010

I agree that towers needn't get more powerful, but what I do think is that ranged champs have to easy atime harrassing people under the tower. if you can stay out of turret range and nuker a low-hp character who's recalling below level 6, it's unfair. I find it especially annoying when someone like ashe or ryze just kills me from full health while i farm their minions under my tower