How should the towers be changed?

Leveling with the Summoners!! It would make it an average level amongst the players! 11 16.92%
They should never be changed! How dare you good sir!! 24 36.92%
Towers made stronger? Now THAT is a great idea! 10 15.38%
Time Limits? Yes please! Make the towers grow stronger with age! 17 26.15%
Great Idea! But now is not the time.. Perhaps later.. Too lazy at the moment.. 3 4.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Leveling Towers with Attitude!!!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fratfish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2010

I have heard from numerous people that I have played with against and with that the towers are much too underpowered.. The towers are pretty difficult to kill at lvs 1-8 or so. But once a champion reaches around 14, tower rushes become easy and backdooring (master yi) becomes the greatest champion on the board.

Mordekaiser can stand in front of a tower and use its rays to take a shower at lv 18.
It's time for tower retribution!!!

I think it would be a good idea to have the towers level up with the players. Have a time limit possibly. Or even just making the towers stronger altogether.

Is this out of the question?? I mean come on summoners.. You all know how it is when you are tower rushed by two or three champions and they don't even lose half their health by doing so. They can't take down the tower, but being flanked at lv 6 from both directions on bottom lane isn't very fun.

Summoners live in fear of players like amumu and vlad just because their ability to survive hits from the tower. Its basically keeping them at bay until a gank can be put in order, and by that time you are almost dead anyways.

Is it our problem if we are trying to harass the opposing player and get minion shocked instead? *stupid minions at low levels..* It's part of the game, you will never win by tower humping the entire game!

Its just a thought from past games and experiences, let me know what you think by the poll above! Thanks Summoners!!

Daniellynet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2010

Make is so when enemy champions are near the tower, the tower gains a % of the enemy champion(s) Attack speed, damage.

Fratfish

12-02-2010

How would that work with multiple champions? An average of their %s? And that may be to difficult since it would always be changing.

TopRaman

12-02-2010

Fortify. It's a fun solution... But it doesn't scale well enough. Fortify should scale with levels, like a lot of other summoner powers do. (increased damage with levels.)

Fratfish

12-02-2010

we arent talkin bout fortify though. my idea is the towers level and get stronger for the entire game so that people like Rammus can't rape it at level 6 with his stupid ulti..

Birdy51

12-03-2010

The reasons why towers should'nt become more power is simple. The end game. If turrets kepting getting stronger and stronger, the game would not end nearly as easlily. Which is a bad thing. Some games already last over 90 minutes. Stronger turrets would make this far worse for everyone...

Ultra PeePee

12-04-2010

Perhaps towers should not deal flat damage, instead do a certain percentage of the victim's health, for example, deals 20% per shot.

This way, weaker champions can still tower dive, and tanks are not invulnerable to them.

However, maybe Riot wants to enforce the need for tanks to tower dive instead of having more carries. What I find interesting is that many games have three or more tanks per team because of this reason.

DaingerBT

Recruiter

12-06-2010

I think towers leveling up with players on their team will make the game snowball even more, which I don't think it needs. Increasing strength over time just makes it so that teams can turtle and recover from their mistakes more easily.

Sure, they're not that much of a threat late game, but why try to make a long game last longer? And regardless, they still offer your team an advantage if you fight under your own towers. Unless the other team is super fed, in which case they deserve to win from your mistakes.

Although, I do like the idea of towers dealing a % health to champions (increasing per hit like their normal attack damage) so that you cant just super backdoor with a tank and carry.

Amarin

12-07-2010

dont read the wall of text
simple
just increase damage output by x10 x20 times and add pierce of 70% at least

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

12-07-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Actually, the towers get weaker as the game progresses and the minion waves scale up. It's because we want games to end, not to be stalemated. If you had a permanent safety zone as someone who can kill creep waves well (Morgana, Heimerdinger, Nasus, etc), then games would quickly stalemate. We WANT the enemy team to be able to tower dive you in late game.