Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Get Right Clickd

07-29-2013

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner? The rare occasion that you can get into the enemy team and pull their most valuable player into your own and make the game a 4v5 can really be game changing.
• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner? His E is almost useless. One of the only champions I play that doesn't have a gap closer, the exception being udyr. Gets kited harder than udyr. Its annoying when going in for a pre-6 gank and with the speed shield up, the enemy can just auto you once and bye bye speed buff. No hard cc pre 6.
• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner? When that pesky skarner comes in level 6 to gank and just flash + ults you
• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why? Jarvan IV, VI, and Lee sin all because they can all quickly single out an enemy from his team and make the game 4v5.

For example Lee Sin vs Skarner,
Lee sin can get behind the enemy and kick them into his team or even kick him into their team to knock up every single enemy and cause huge disruption. On the other hand skarner has to just walk up with a moderate speed boost and hope the adc is out of position and pull them in.

P3TC0CK

07-29-2013

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?

Being a really fast scorpion moving from top lane to other lanes ganking and supporting our jungler in ganks. I've AP top skarner for a while before getting tired of him and that was the only way I could see myself playing him.

• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?

Mana problems, not able to deal with any of the new champions who have gap closers, escapes, poke, etc. He's kind of a stunted version of those characters at least as a top laner. I imagine those short comings don't hurt as much in the jungle.

• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?

I never really had any problems, the slow was annoying especially on skarners that were very fed but it usually wasn't a game breaker.

• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?

Vi has a similar but better ult, she also is a little more useful than skarner (although has some of her own problems). Skarner is pretty much there for his ult and team fights and then he's done.

atenthirtyone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2013

Using his ultimate to grab a high prorirt target and dragging them into your team for the slaughter. While, a few other champions also have high powered single target CC, Skarner feels fun because you get to manually drag the target into a desired location.

Ganking without your ultimate as a jungler. You feel a lot like Warwick, and I believe he is another champion that's in the works. Compared to a lot of newer and/or popular junglers, your normal abilities don't give you the ganking power since Skarner's burst damage isn't great, his gap closer is only a speed up, and the most CC he can do is slow you. Also you need to be fairly tanky to be useful outside of your ultimate in the later stages, since your only use is repeated AoE slows.

If I'm playing an AP/AD carry and I get Impaled by Skarner without a QQS or a spell shield. That's about it. It's a pretty binary feeling. He's either amazing or useless.

Pretty much every popular jungler at the moment. While they might not have an amazing single-target CC ability, they make up for their other abilities. So, while they don't have the high percent gank success when Skarner has Flash and Impale, they have more than one chance to do it. I'm sure you guys (Riot) can pull up the data regarding the popular junglers.

Dunkelheitt

07-29-2013

Take the hotfix from his ult not going off when people flash. singed fling and voli throw both still work. Either make it all around, or change it back.

Ryuujinmaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
So I’ve been doing some digging and unfortunately, poor Skarner is being picked 80% less this year than he was last year.
Why dont you revert the changes on his ult interaction with flash and maybe make E useful and he will be picked again.

Nothing worse than charging in, ulting, it fails cause they flash and now you are stuck in a group of 4 with no reward.

Thumbs down to Scruff for making this thread, they know what they did to kill him and it is toxic to skarner that they dont change it back. And dont give me **** about it being OP, darius and garen ults work with flash.

r4ym4n217

07-29-2013

About removing the attack speed from W. I feel like it would make a good passive for his W or his E. Using W is normally for movement only and wouldn't necessarily need the attack speed when in use. However, it would also make his E feel more beneficial. Is there any thought into buffing his base damage? It feels kind of low imo. Just my 2 cents

medulla00

07-29-2013

Getting grabbed by his ulti.
The amount of damage he could dish out with just a sheen was a bit too high when combined with the tankiness and the old CD of his shield. I mean, it was a DPS tank

canister shell

07-29-2013

What i loved about skarner was his speed when moving around the map, i always felt with his W that he could go for an almost movement speed build (mob boots, Tri force) and effectually do alot. With the changes from seaosn 2 to 3 it made that alot harder and the jungle clears alot different.

Using his abilities with blue buff and still having to many mana problems at all aspects of the game. you already talked about the fixing range of his R so that's good, Not being able to E while R is active is also annoying.

Cant think of anything atm, ive always felt he was able to be dealt with even if he was ahead

Mainly every jungler i can think of can do their job in the jungle with a similar kit and not be punished. The one that comes to mind is naut with his shield is alot better than skarners and it makes me sad.

0 Z

07-29-2013

ultying carries and catching people late game

if the other team gets a shurelia reverie there is no way skarner can hard engage on that team without a flash.
also if the opponent's carries position themselves well, you are not going to catch them with out taking massive damage from their team even with flash
and his first q doesnt slow...

If he gets on to you, you are not escaping easily

just about all the viable junglers in the game since they have better cc than skarner when ganking

i was a skarner main back in season 2 currently in platinum.
i think making skarner into a unique jungler would be awesome, and to do that is adding a silence on to his e. This would make people unable to flash out or gap close when he is about to ulty. With this skarner would become a jungler that punishes people who doesnt ward since if he can get on to you, he can pull off an very successful gank. This silence would also allow skarner to not waste an ulty.

Private Turtle

07-29-2013

Skarner just can't compete with all the champions with dashes and such. I suggest a buff on his bonus movement speed on his w and/or a buff on his ultimate increasing the range if an e has resently landed on the ulted champion. Just ideas . Hope I help