Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrShift

07-29-2013

give him a skill on E

Mísery

07-29-2013

Skarner is too reliant on Flash + Ult to be effective. His mana issues make him less then desirable,

I Rain I

07-29-2013

Yes! My body is ready.
Name:  LOL.jpg
Views: 2033
Size:  132.5 KB

The most fun part of Skarner is by far just dragging people around with the ult.

Sperpurber

07-29-2013

I feel like Skarner should hard counter Zac. Pudding arms vs. a guy who is harder than diamond and all.

Hitaro

07-29-2013

I love skarner for just how active he is. With his passive he is encouraged to always be attacking something, always be doing something. His q is also a form of always doing something. His r means you're constantly looking for openings, constantly having to actively look for opportunities to flash + grab, rather than with other ultimates where your're just waiting for the team fight to happen.

The frustrating thing about skarner is his mana cost. I hate how I have to dedicate items to his mana. It means skarner, a champion that is otherwise very active, sometimes just can't do anytihng.

Skarner has loads of coutnerplay and things he can do top lane, but usually can't go there unless the jungler donates blue buff, which doesn't happen often.

JustMeSteven

07-29-2013

Posting in epic thread

Trivle

07-29-2013

Placeholder for my thoughts when I get the chance.

Bullettime7

07-29-2013

What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner? A well timed Flash ult that turns the tide a match by eliminating their carry.

What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner? Dependence on Flash to be able to engage. His E basically doesn't exist. Shield that contains a lot of offensive power and movement is broken near instantly as it has a low base and decent scaling value but scales from a stat he can't afford to buy as a jungler. Blue buff dependence.

What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner? Permaslow. If he gets the second Q on you, you're slowed permanently as long as he decides to stay on you.

Are there champions that do Skarners job better than he does? Why? Skarner's job is essentially to catch the enemy carry and punish them. Except he depends so much on Flash to be able to do this that when he doesn't have it, he can't engage. Compare this to someone like Jarvan who leaps to the backline or even similar suppression ultimate in Warwick who pounces. If you need someone to get to the backline and control the carry, you have other options like Zac, Hecarim, and Jarvan who can get there in an instant without the requirement of having Flash.

Sleipnir of Hel

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyra Top GG View Post
invisible power.
Using your ultimate to turn your opponent into a CRYSTAL for several seconds is not invisible power. That big blue beam attached your big blue body with the "AHAHAHAHAHA" is certainly not invisible.

Skarner's only downfall a lack of hard CC pre-6. With champions like Jarvan, Nautilus, Maokai, Vi, and Zac, who can actually make you stand still for a period of time, Skarner's pre-6 is kind of like Shyvana's. Good move speed and durable, capable of tower dives, good damage, but anyone with a good escape is going to get away.

Biggest reason why Skarner fell out of favor: They changed the way his ultimate works. Now champions can flash away from your ult. This really killed him. That's it. His ult changed KILLED HIM.

Waschbar

07-29-2013

That's another thing, Skarner currently has to itemize for a bunch of things.

Armor/MR/Health (He is the intitator)
CDR (For his ult)
AS (For his Passive)
AP for his abilities
AD because he has AS, AD seems like it'd be a great option tbh

Oh and you still have to get Mana/Mana Regen somewhere in there.

I wish he'd get some love in a few of those areas to alleviate the pressure of having to build everything in order to be effective.