Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stupid Hat

01-31-2014

Yea I just played a couple games in normals as skarner, they went pretty well. Mainly due in part because his slow. You can't take that away, he would feel too different without it.

Shahamut

02-01-2014

Its true. That part of his kit is kind of what makes him scary... All Skarner needs to be viable again is some minor buffs.

-Make his movement speed buff just a little bigger.
--Its hard for skarner to initiate ganks early because it's hard to get to them. Just a slight boost in the movement buff on his W could fix this. People should freak out when they see him barreling down on them. I personally find this style more rewarding than the instant gap close skills there seem to be so many of.

--Do something with his E. Either make it do a little more damage, or make it heal a little bit better. If neither of these seem like good options, change it completely. This is the last skill most people level because its damage and its heal are both pretty sub par. For me personally, this skill helps to allow skarner to do something other than jungle. Its mana cost is still really high though, and because of his other skills, he wont really need it when jungling. And my personal opinion is: He shouldn't need it to be a jungler. He already NEEDS two skills.

--Beef him up just a little bit. For a champion that is dedicated to melee range, his builds are pretty well locked in and don't allow for a lot of variety. Being able to have the flexibility to build something more offensive, like a deathcap, without absolutely killing his survival would be nice. A slightly bigger base shield just doesn't cut it.

Also, his main source of damage doesn't currently scale well at all... Since the physical damage is based off of ONLY his bonus AD. Changing that to be based off of a % of his TOTAL AD would help that scale much better and keep him as a threat throughout the game.

Really, that is all he "NEEDS" in my opinion.

/thoughts shared.

Shahamut

02-01-2014

Seriously though, could we get an update RIOT? PLEASE????!!!

Karede

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahamut View Post
They don't give a ****.. Apparently they just want the same 4 jungles showing up in the lcs permenantly. Been posting here since november and scruffy (or any riot user) hasn't told us a single thing about any of this.

Move on from Skarner. Pick Olaf, Lee, Elise or Vi or go to a lane, cause he's getting nerfed beyond use.

Shahamut

02-01-2014

I refuse to give up on skarner till they put the nail in the coffin!

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2014

This thread is so old, why has this taken so long w/o you guys even releasing champions?

Dunkelheitt

02-01-2014

please revert ult fix from like a year ago. he only was stopped played really for that fact.

DaejinTye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2014

Who knows? Skarner needs a lot of love right now though.

Tripsauce

02-01-2014

Buff his E base dmg and ap scaling to make it viable as a poke, which it really isn't now. And since he specializes in being up close and personal maybe a buff the to base strength of his W shield.

Foztog

02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahamut View Post
Riot too busy making Ashe skins. They'll have to get back to you on that.

On a more serious note - I don't think Skarner needs a major rework. Just do something with his E. Buff it or completely change it. The rest of his kit is fine, IMO. Oh, and some Skarner skins please!