Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shahamut

01-27-2014

I still think that all Skarner needs is a small buff: move a passive 30% attack speed to his Q, make the damage on his Q based on 50% total AD and 50% total AP, make the run buff faster and add a passive AR/MR. Then change his E. To, I dunno, some kind of Crystal Poison. 3% max HP per second for 3 seconds +.01AP%

He just needs to be faster and allowed to have a variety of builds.

Karede

01-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahamut View Post
make the damage on his Q based on 50% total AD and 50% total AP, make the run buff faster and add a passive AR/MR.
Sure would be a novel concept to have a skill on a champion that scaled with something he can use.. Lol, I have no idea how this hasn't been implemented on his Q already.

The W on Skarner live needs to have one very specific thing done to it. It absolutely -must not- have the movement speed buff tied to the shield. The movement speed should be an activated skill that lasts a set duration, NOT as long as the shield is active.

The E on Skarner - the only thing that needs to be completely reworked. Make it a passive armor and magic resist buff. Skarner has no skill (see definition: zero) that is worth a damn outside of melee range. He needs the ability to stay in there, and that comes from having more armor and magic resist than other people.

I honestly couldn't care less about the heal on it, but for all those nerds who like to top lane the champ, let them level that first and keep the heal. No one in the jungle is going to level it past level 1 until they have to anyway.

Shahamut

01-27-2014

I dunno. Im weird. I really dont mind the speed boost being attached to the shield... However what I would REALLY like to see, is that while the buff persists, he can run through units.

And I also always pictured the passive AR/MR being on the W... ya know, the EXOSKELETON? Add some regen while its active to give real sustain. (like 1% missing health per second per rank)

The E... what to say about it. I liked it as a lead in shot, or a short ranged snipe after someone blinked away from me. I can't tell you how many kills Ive gotten that were that shot right at the end.

In anycase, making the E a USEFUL ranged attack would make his kit complete in my opinion. Like I mentioned in my other post, adding a "poison" effect would be a nice touch, and then adding your poison to a target grabbed by your ultimate after the second damage would be nice I think.

Shahamut

01-28-2014

OR you know what else would be cool? being able to run through units while the buff persists.

MajorPain9

01-29-2014

Just wanted to give a quick update: I hate the idea of you removing the perma slow sticking power. You are destroying the essence of skarner and turning him into a wanna be nocturne or hecarim. We already have champions like this.

Shahamut

01-30-2014

Continued updates on my playing the PBE Skarner...

I hate it...

End of story...

Details?

Can't... Fight... ANYONE!

Need Slow, Need Shield, Need Damage... FOR ANY OF THAT TO WORK WELL IT NEEDS AP!

Can't build half tank, dies too quickly. Full Tank still leaves me needing EVERY ONE OF MY SKILLS... Leaving me behind in power and/or defense the whole match till max level practically.

Terrible Rework...

Shahamut

01-30-2014

Also, the bigger shield doesn't make up for ANY kind of sustain...

I will say this again:

The ONLY thing this rework is better at doing compared to live Skarner is killing jungle monsters... Woot...

lightingsky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2014

Please canal skarner's rework, it changes his play style too much, or at least keep his Q's slow.

lightingsky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2014

There are something I want to say about Skarner's rework. Basically I hope you can cancel it or keep his Q's slow at least.

Because the permaslow is his core ability for now, I do not think I need to explain that for you, you know that better than me. So, you are going to take his slow from his Q and give it to his E, you know they are totally different right? The one is a long range skill shot with long cold down, and the other one is totally different.

I think the new skarner will be better at early gank and killing enemy mid and ad, because his slow has very long range now, it will be harder for his enemy to kite him. Again, you know these better than me.

But I do not like it, I believe what most skarner player enjoyed is his stable slow and his peeling ability as a tank. His Q is a short range area slow instead a skill shot, so we never need to worry about missing his slow, and it gives skarner great ability to protect his allies. If you give the slow to E, things will be different, he will become much more aggressive, he will be able to dive into enemy team, but not able to protect his team anymore or at least his protecting ability will be nerfed a lot. His play style will be like Vi or Renekton instead of a shield for his team. And as a old skarner player, I do not like his new play style.

I believe we both agree that skarner is a balanced champion, the purpose of his rework is improving his play experience while keep his play style as much as possible. I know skarner is hard for new player to learn now, and a good skarner player can give his enemy bad game experience, I understand your rework's purpose and I agree with it. But you just change his play style too much, and as a skarner player I can not accept it.

If Skarner has to be reworked, I think you can reduce his Q's radius, and make E as a passive skill which give him bonus attack speed or active the buff when his E hit any target. So, if players can level up his Q and W for better gank ability or his E for better farm ability. Just some of my suggestions, I believe you can do that better than me, but please keep his Q's slow, it is so important for his current play style.

Thanks for reading

SlenderBeans

01-31-2014

Please at least delay the rework Riot, it's not very good right now. I think it will kill Skarner.

AS stated above, PLEASE keep the slow on his Q. It's a staple of his playstyle. Don't make him like Mundo/
Olaf with a ranged slow. Please don't kill Skarner.