Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raphael JR

01-23-2014

Skarner used to be one of the best peelers in the game, now he is just lost his role.

Does anyone actually like this rework ? His E could be totaly new and cool spell, he got a range slow... wow

OoTakedaOo

01-23-2014

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
He clears the jungle fast with his q and he has a super good ultimate
• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
well he`s mana hungry and his e does not do very much damadge even as full ap and whenver you ultimate someone it doesnt seem to last long enouf or hurt hard enouf.
• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
his ultimate.
• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?
well amumu has a better ganking style than skarner cuz skarners real ganks are only at level 6

OoTakedaOo

01-23-2014

he shud not have any mana.. make it like riven or garen and such just take his mana out ..Lol

OoTakedaOo

01-23-2014

Nidalee make her cost no mana make her spears go thru minions and whenver they hit someone they do 60% of there enemys ad ap and health in spears including her old spear stats and whenver it hits it does aoe damadge hitting everyone for all those stats giving em a 400Damadge per 5 seconds for 20 seconds ignite that reduces 70%of everyones healing and make her traps stuns that last for 5-7 seconds. ty!

OoTakedaOo

01-23-2014

skarners q shud be buffed so whenver it hit someone it would be like nunu ults make his shield well in the percentage of his missing health make his e a long range knock up that stuns them after ward for 4.5 seconds and his ult make it ult and throw em infront of u still holding em for10 seconds doing 500 +200 damadge over time

Sadistic Cheese

01-23-2014

If you're going to go through with things, do us a favor and in addition to fixing his mana issues, give him a bit of a movespeed buff. We're still dealing with a high-mobility meta and Nautilus stomping around the map doesn't happen very often anymore that I see. The slows are fine since that's what helps make his ganks successful as a jungler, and I don't want him to be stupidly fast, but right now the only time I DON'T feel like I'm moving slow as heck is when I've got Tier 2 boots on, which can sometimes take awhile to get.

Give him a bit more movespeed, perhaps up to 360 or 365, since I THINK he starts out at 350. Higher would be great, but go too high and I think it's going against what you're trying to do and it's not balanced.

Shahamut

01-23-2014

Better yet: Do us a favor and DONT DO THIS!!! PLZ!!

Shahamut

01-24-2014

What Skarner needs (in my opinion)

1. Higher base movement speed. Being a melee champ with no instant gap closes, mobility is too important.

(On that note, I don't mind that he doesn't have one, I think its part of what makes the "predator chasing you" feel awesome is that he does have to RUN and get you)

2. A passive armor and magic resist buff on his W. Because of how Skarner works, tanking has become the default for all good builds on him. (unless he is incredibly fed). Having some passive boost would give him a little bit of wiggle room on builds.

3. Some kind of sustain for lane. It has been noted by several players that the heal was minimal. If you give him some kind of passive attack speed buff or just raised his base enough, you could remove the AS buff from the shield and add some sustain to it in the form of regeneration while the shield is active.

4. A different E. Like a range nuke that actually deals damage. As a scorpion, I was thinking a poison. Damage on hit, and applies a X% targets max health for 3 seconds. Too much, you could make it where they are marked and skarner hitting them again activates the poison.

5. Simply changing the physical damage bonus on his Q to be based off his TOTAL AD rather than bonus would do wonders for his lack of damage output.

6. A SLIGHTLY bigger run buff on his W. The faster this guy can move, the more effective his ultimate is, and the scarier it is when he rushes toward you.

BONUS- his ultimate's a big utility, but doesn't do that much damage. So if you did some kind of poison for his E (his tail shot) you could (since he grabs with his tail) apply the poison to the grabbed target after the ults second burst.

More thoughts from me. Keeping this thread moving in hopes that RIOT will come talk to us.

IS1d2f73fc65c5cecdf878c

01-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS167c587cf7a7cef471d5b View Post
Does anyone actually like this rework ? His E could be totaly new and cool spell, he got a range slow... wow
90% of the PBE Community doesn't like it. Those who say that they do don't play Skarner much.
Xerath on the other hand...

DrThatOneGuy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooby plz View Post
• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
I cant really tell because noone plays skarner in my games but id imagine that it would be getting ulted by him over and over every fight.
Been a long time since this has happened to me, but by the end of the game it became a running gag that Skarner would go after me as Mordekaiser regardless of where I was or what was going on with the rest of the teamfight.

Pretty hilarious in the end.