Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MegaDuck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

Coming from a skarner main since his release, you guys are completely ruining anything and everything about the original skarner and making him worse at the same time.

If this rework goes through I'm never playing him again. I don't care if you call his kit toxic, no one complained about him when he was played in s2 and you gutted him anyways.

You guys suck at this rework stuff.

Karede

01-16-2014

yay, more attack speed that we can't use, because all they need to do is run away... yay...

IAintDarius

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaDuck View Post
Coming from a skarner main since his release, you guys are completely ruining anything and everything about the original skarner and making him worse at the same time.

If this rework goes through I'm never playing him again. I don't care if you call his kit toxic, no one complained about him when he was played in s2 and you gutted him anyways.

You guys suck at this rework stuff.
Unnecessary shots fired.

Shahamut

01-17-2014

*Sigh*... this all makes me sad... They are gimping the rework already? I haven't even been playing for a year, found Skarner and LOVED him... now I could cry my way through a rework, find some way of making it work out alright. I can't pretend to be AS attached to him as those who have been playing for much longer than me...

But I will say this: There has got to be a better way! People are worried that skarner's sticking power is next to gone. Why not try making some compromises? I have posted several suggestions, as have others. Why not at least address the suggestions and why you do or don't like them? Let the community in on the thought process? You guys announce a rework, do poor info analysis as I pointed out in an earlier post (few people complained about skarner's perma slow, just as many people praised it), post a rework that gets a lot of raised eyebrows, and then are weakening the current rework, and all of the latter part of this is done with little to no communication with the player base.

I don't like to complain, but I feel kind of slighted as someone who cared enough to come and comment on this. Im sure some of the longer standing Skarner players feel the same.

Can we please be more involved as the community of players?

Yours Truly,

New Skarner Player

2inMyBUTT

01-17-2014

Hello RiotScruffy,
I think an amazing change to Skarner in order to make him a more viable and fun champion would be to make his ultimate a skillshot. The animation could be something coming from his stinger and wherever a champion is when they are hit is where they are dragged from. Maybe to make up for the skillshot, the drag time could be an extra second? This would make his ultimate much more satisfying and ultimately make him a more enjoyable champion!

THANKS!

Dermott77

01-18-2014

I'm so disappointment that you give him exactly same kit but with weaker numbers. Once again @RiotScruffy please take a look on that ideas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ZLfb77x7o

Soda4Matt

01-18-2014

@RiotScruffy Pls come back to this thread, and actually talk with us before letting this rework go through, we dont like it.

Shahamut

01-18-2014

I really hope that Riot will revisit this thread...

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2014

I'm a bit curious as per why Skarner was ignored as a topic of conversation when Scruffy mentioned his place amongst other reworks and gave that small thread on reworks period. I'm guessing the prediction is this will go through; he'll receive success akin to Olaf? Who just got nerfed again in 4.1.

Shahamut

01-18-2014

I still think if the rework has to go through:

1) I will take a PASSIVE 30% increase to attack speed (10/15/20/25/30) on his Q over a 48% that I have to stack 3 times to achieve. Also, his physical buff needs to be based on his Base AD or his total AD. not bonus AD.

2) Put the cooldown on W back to 14 seconds. Or if you are going to leave it at 16, give us some health regen while shield is active. 1/2/3/4/5% of missing health per second?

3) The slow on E needs to last at LEAST 3 seconds, and it should mark them so that the slow can be reapplied once after skarner hits them. Also, more damage and/or ap ratio.

4) Fix the ult, and maybe apply the slow of E after the second hit.

If they decide the rework is a bust, and want to buff his kit:

1) I still like a passive attack speed bonus on Q (if you do, remove attack steroid from W). Fix the AD damage bonus. Adding a charge of crystal energy can be used on other skills as well. Only slow when used on the Q. (creates gaps in the perma-slow)

2) Add a passive armor/magic resist bonus. Something small. OR when CE (Crystal Energy) is used with W, add some health regen while the shield is active.

3) Change the E to do more dmg. When CE is used with E, apply a X%health over 3 seconds. Remove heal.

4) Make the fix we all want anyway. Have the second dmg deal AoE when charged with CE.