Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJALmighty

11-26-2013

Scruffy, I know this is off-topic, but I was wondering if there was a plan to put an experience bar back onto the bars above your champion ingame?

ZXZXZXZXZX

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJALmighty View Post
Scruffy, I know this is off-topic, but I was wondering if there was a plan to put an experience bar back onto the bars above your champion ingame?
Please

Karede

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Quick update about the Q attack speed buff. We found a bug internally that this buff was stacking much higher than it actually was supposed to. After fixing this bug, the impact of the attack speed seemed lower than what we intended so we also increased the values to compensate.

After the next pbe update, this bug will be fixed and his Q attack speed will be up from 4/5/6/7/8% to 8/10/12/14/16% per stack.
This is great and needed Scruffy. What can you do about the problem with actually getting to use the attack speed for damage in a gank, though? He isn't going to be sticky enough to have it stacked during ganks! What if you put some burst on him instead of consistant damage?

TDChangeling

11-26-2013

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
His speed and supreme tankiness. He's just beastly when built right. Not to mention ulting some poor fool, popping W, and dragging them back to a turret or your team. And running out of the bushes, smacking the enemy with a Q, and knowing the next hit, they won't get away.
• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
His damage against turrets is less than I'd like, waiting for the second Q so I can slow my enemies, and the short range of his pull (while understood) are pretty irritating.
• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
I never do.
• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?
You mean the job of being a tanky monster jungler with a VERY disrespectful ult? I can't think of any.

Soda4Matt

11-26-2013

Scruffy. Any news on Battlecast skarner? Im dying here.

Isterio

11-26-2013

As a dedicated Skarner player,after playing a few games of Skarner on Live Iīve got to say a few things.

1.The season 4 jungle doesnīt fit him one bit. It kicked him even harder in the nuts then the season 3 changes
He was a jungler who needed to hit 6 fast and then roam. He has still good duelling power that maintains throught the game but thatīs nothing your team can make use of.

2.Shurelias was removed except if he chooses to take that whatever itīs called sun item and sacrifice a jungle item for the speed boost yoomus is no alternative because he doesnt want itīS stats and since he needs the team to follow his engage which makes it impossible in solo q. In tournaments the support can take that part and make him a situational pick.

3.The point is because of stronger monsters his sustain is weak with just the shield and his ridiculous manacosts. His AS goes down as soon as the shield breaks, and therefore his clearspeed he feels like back then in season 1.

4.With the difference that he canīt make up for it with a Shurelias or an Ult that drags you back even when you flashed.

5.First of all,Season 2 made skarner viable because of the weaker fast respawning camps and even then he wasnīt picked. He had his comeback from the shadows after the release when his buffs were introduced.

6.He got his mana costs on q reduced to 12 the slow was made stronger his Ult was buffed(duration+CD) and some better base stats base AS and scaling got better. And there we had it a permaslowing ganking machine with ridiculous duelling power and a nightmarish lategame. Skarner was played top jungle even botlane support skarner. Elemntz put him in both of his tierlists into spot 1 and even stonewall considered him the god jungler. Times when lee sin was nearly free of nerfs Skarner was that OP that he laughed at his face.
People started complaining and y they were right the buffs were over the edge.

With the Sejuani patch and her UP introduction skarner got his nerfs straight Riot learned from that mistake that permaslow should remain for ashe who doesnīt want to use the mana for it and canīt itemize with lots of mana. The ult remained the same with higher Cd, his slow got nerfed back again and the mana costs got slightly better than they were at release. Also the season 2 jungle was still around and you could start with a Regroth pendant and build a philosopher for a start.

7.The Season 2 finals qualifier started and the koreans showed us that Skarner had some nice bug attached to him that made Ezrael/Graves and corki come back to him/at that time the go for adcs. Pulsefire skin boosted stats...

8.Worlds went over skarner got immediatly the Irellia treatment and then something started that I call the Mordekaiser Syndrome.

9.Itemization for him got gimped(spirit items became neccecary to clear shurelias got nerfed overall tankyness got nerfed no more boots start to gank with level 3)that all after he already was nerfed.

10.The game environment was changed some junglers liked it others didnīt and lee sin did not gave a **** like always. Skarner got kicked in the nuts with the season 3 jungle but remained visible at least.

11.Now what the season 4 jungle does for him is. It combines all the weaknesses of the season 1 jungle he had to suffer from when WW Udyr and Nunu were barely able to handle it (without spirit items). With all the weaknesses of the season 3 jungle in a nerfed to the ground stage.

12. If he remains as he is he wont see the light of competetive play and neither in solo q will he find any love. Like mentioned above, everything in his kit got hit by the seaspn 4 jungle changes on top of that he relies on not getting seen when he wants to gank or at least being seen to late. What makes it hard to not beeing seen? Right free wards for everybody. He also doesnīt have acces to odd gank routes like J4,Lee Sin,Nocturne Elise or Amumu can use because of his lack of Skillshots /and or Broken gapcloser Repell/Noct Ult.

13. The shift from the AS buff to some other place then w is neccecary to survive in this new environment. Now itīs just hard to choose where to place it. His mana costs sure need a look at even further then what you mentioned scrufy. The ult sounds fine to me and possibly leaving the heal in his kit since I donīt think it will fix his sustain issues by buffing his shield except you would give it stupid amounts which should not happen because QQ inc no brain champ OP.

14.Actually why not making the E proc a heal besides the slow the heal only occuring when he actually hits the target so that he must put himself in danger if he wants to heal and give him back some duelling power. And therefore nerfing the slow by adding a slow to the heal proc. So that skarner getīs some of his old feeling from Q Shifted to his E.

It could work like this

E: Fracture slows an enemie for Idk 25% if skarner hits the enemie with one of his abilities or AA he procs the mark to heal and double the amount of the slow. Also interacting with his passive he could turn it into a growing slow not permanent but annoying.

Twitchious

11-26-2013

I still don't fully understand how Skarner's Q permaslow is toxic. Where does that leave Ashe then?

NewDudeOverThere

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchious View Post
I still don't fully understand how Skarner's Q permaslow is toxic. Where does that leave Ashe then?
Why Ashe still has her permaslow and not getting nerf about it, while Skarner got nerf?
Well for starters Ashe is really squishy and you have the choice to just do your combo and kill her, while Skarner is a tank with a shield and a heal.

The second reason is Ashe permaslow is single target while Skarner permaslow is AOE.

The third is Isterios number 6

Plus.
Have you ever saw a thread "QQ Ashe permaslow too OP", "@Riot Nerf Permaslow Ashe", or anything similar pertaining to Ashe permaslow??? There where a lot of those back when Skarner is still OP permaslow jungler.

Shahamut

11-27-2013

We finally get a reply from Riot, and its just to tell us that their attack speed steroid was bugged, and they upped it.

RIOT- I mean no disrespect, and recognize that the game is yours and you will do what you want with it regardless, but I am just curious as to why open up the forums for player discussion if you aren't going to actually respond to any of us. Again, I mean no disrespect and carry no sense of harshness in my tone. Im just sad that I haven't seen a small response to any of the concerns posted by several people here. At least a "why" this change needs to happen, specifically in regard to Skarner's permaslow. Currently, Skarner does have permaslow, and players aren't playing him. So why is that aspect what needs to go? Especially considering that several people have put up that it is there favorite part of playing him?

Im not demanding that you do what we say, just that you actually have a conversation with us. please?

Timjin

11-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahamut View Post
We finally get a reply from Riot, and its just to tell us that their attack speed steroid was bugged, and they upped it.

RIOT- I mean no disrespect, and recognize that the game is yours and you will do what you want with it regardless, but I am just curious as to why open up the forums for player discussion if you aren't going to actually respond to any of us. Again, I mean no disrespect and carry no sense of harshness in my tone. Im just sad that I haven't seen a small response to any of the concerns posted by several people here. At least a "why" this change needs to happen, specifically in regard to Skarner's permaslow. Currently, Skarner does have permaslow, and players aren't playing him. So why is that aspect what needs to go? Especially considering that several people have put up that it is there favorite part of playing him?

Im not demanding that you do what we say, just that you actually have a conversation with us. please?
I don't believe Scruffy means to be rude in this situation. He asked for feedback a long time ago (07-29-2013) and he's been talking to everyone repeatedly over that time. It's possible that he is no longer looking for Live Skarner feedback. Testing Skarner on PBE in the S4 jungle and responding with opinions will be the best way to help the situation at this point. Skarner will be changed, for better or worse.

I've had a chance to test him on the PBE since the last patch. I can't say how well he will gank as you can never trust PBE players, but I can say that new Skarner's Sustain is through the roof. with Machete 5pots I stayed at full health, in fact I only went back after hitting level 4 due to mana constraints. This can be fixed by going Machete 3hp 2mp, which may allow you to farm much longer. Once you get the spirit stone you will have infinite sustain in the jungle. I stopped shielding damage and just healed of of my Q. Skarner is a monster at farming the jungle and only gets stronger as the game goes on.

If you can get to your target and have 30% or so CDR, your E recharges fast enough to use it again as it runs out, granting you old Skarner Permaslow with more counterplay. His attackspeed on Q feels really good as well, and his W is actually really fast.

Scruffy's got this, please give it time. Our stringer will bring ugly death from the jungle once again very soon.