Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rakaydos

11-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneReborn View Post
How can you even gap close or stick to a target now? The permaslow may have been frustrating towards the targeted, but it was the only method in which players could stick to a target and continue to cc after their ult.
How did you stick to them long enough to GET a permaslow?

Karede

11-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
How did you stick to them long enough to GET a permaslow?
You can get used to it. Q a minion on your way in to the fight, etc. Works great! I love the current Skarner!!

I am still waiting for Scruffy to explain why he would take Skarner's chief utility and move away and only give him a slow that compares extremely badly to all other jungle slows.

Sleepy Skarner

11-08-2013

(I main Skarner since the start of s2)

The first few games I played on PBE, I hated the rework. I just didn't like it. I was maxing E first. Big mistake from my part. You just had no damage at all, bad 1v1, etc. The lack of movement speed hurt too much, I just have to max W second, but I cannot leave Q to max last, so I changed my skill order.

I started maxing Q, then W, and I only leveled E last,(putting a point lv3).

It worked out a lot better, and I actually prefer the new skarner when I figured him out more. I don't have much problems sticking to my targets, the E isn't hard to land, long range, an ok slow. I do believe the slow could be better earlier on, and that they should buff the ramp up atk speed on Q.
The E in teamfights is very strong, but it's harder to lock a single target now. That's what they wanted though. What I would see like a good buff, is if you didn't get lock when you pressed E. Right now, like in PBE, when you press on E, Skarner stops moving. They should change it so he keeps moving.

I am afraid he will become perma-banned like he used to if they overbuff.
I wouldn't mind if he was still considered weak.

Karede

11-08-2013

You don't have a problem sticking to targets before or after your Iceborn Gauntlet?

I'm not interested in overbuff either. I'm not interested in basically any buff. Maybe a small one for the shield, or change the E a bit. But leave him the same, he's terrific as he is.

Virocane

11-09-2013

I love playing Skarner... but he's so freaking mana hungry. It made me sad. But when my buddy told me
earlier that they were fixing that, I was SO HAPPY. I came straight here! And then I was sad again.

Skarner's kit is just playing fun! That's all there is to say about it! It just wasn't... very good compared to other champions. Try to keep the old style of play!

His Q was so definitive of him! It's what made him half decent before level 6. It was an AoE Slow! So great for ganks, because you could hit BOTH laners with it by just standing between the two of them. But then you took that away. The new buff is nice... but it kind of killed the play-style people seemed to love from skarner.

And his E applies the slow now? Interesting, but it's not even that great compared to most slows... And the fact that it's supposed to replace his old Q's slow just isn't cutting it. It seems that most people agree that it just isn't working out. =/

Here's an idea for his E:
Give him a gap close instead! Scorpions are ambush predators, so a dash/leap/borrow to an enemy would make sense. He'd lose out on his 'poke', but I feel like he'd gain so much more from it.

Locke64

11-10-2013

@Virocane, you're demanding to leave in his powerful permaslow, and then asking to remove its only counterplay opportunity. In order for the permaslow to be effective, the enemy needs to be able to avoid it if he can outplay Skarner. If Skarner has a gap-closer, there's nothing the enemy can do, short of hard CC (which not many champions have, and is not considered "counterplay").

Karede

11-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke64 View Post
@Virocane, you're demanding to leave in his powerful permaslow, and then asking to remove its only counterplay opportunity. In order for the permaslow to be effective, the enemy needs to be able to avoid it if he can outplay Skarner. If Skarner has a gap-closer, there's nothing the enemy can do, short of hard CC (which not many champions have, and is not considered "counterplay").

I agree with you, but if you aren't giving him a terrific gap close (like basically every other jungle in the game) then you've gotta leave the permaslow on him.

FurryFurball

11-10-2013

If Scruffy doesn't start listening to the goddamn feedback he's getting and keeps going with the current reworked kit without second thought, he will very quickly become my most hated Rioter.

Scruffy. Read the fucking thread.

Shahamut

11-10-2013

Seriously, the language is not necessary. Im sure we will get a response in due time. They are probably still finishing their changes to Xerath...

Sines314

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2013

I know I'm a bit late on this, and I haven't read the topic in full, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents. I'd been away from the game, and Skarner was one of my favorite champions, so seeing him up here made me worry. Champion reworks have been hit or miss (loving Heimerdinger, hated Sejuanis, and really didn't see the point of Karma).

What Do I like about Skarner?

First off, I love melee champions without a gap closer. Keeping the gap closer out of the kits affords a lot of extra power elsewhere, and I love skittering around at high speed.

Second, it's definitely the slows, constant damage, and general toughness. Combined with Iceborne Gauntlet, I'm surprised Skarner is considered underpowered enough to need a boost. I was able to take hits like crazy, while slowing everyone around me and leaving slow fields behind. Sure, I had to get the jump on people, not having a gap closer and all, but it was great when you did.

Best Part?

I thought about not posting here, because... Skarners Ult. Well that is awesome, but I think the best part is the tower diving. One of the best tower divers, in my opinion, although the ult to drag people out of the tower was nice too. But the best parts of Skarner had to do with his incredible tankiness and respectable (and very constant) damage output, with a slow that meant that your enemy wasn't going to escape the allies you were taking hits for. Having a **** E let a lot of power be left in his Q and W, and I liked that.

What would I like to see?

In all honesty, I'd like for him to be left pretty much the same. But hey, if people say he's UP, I wouldn't mind adding a bit more power.

However, I don't want to add anything substantive. His E was ****, but if you give it some more practical utility, it'd come out of what I love about him. I'd let E be some kind of steroid, passive or other numbers function. Skarner was always about taking hits, dealing out constant pain and slows, and the occassional staking an enemy for massive damage to drag into your team . One other option, besides a 'numbers' skill. Let it just be a ST damage spike. An alternate option for his Q which is about AoE damage and slow. You can level it up early to help with ganks, where it's really hard to get his Q going for the slows, the E 'spike' might offer better assassinations.

At any rate, I know I'm coming into this late and without checking out the thread, but it's not a short thread, and it's about one of my favorite champions, so I wanted to make my case. While I agree his E needs a rework (I guess it wasn't bad for topping off my health in the endgame when I finally got around to putting ranks into it), the rest I'm perfectly happy where it is. I'll probably read up more on this topic later, and hopefully, I'll like what I see.