Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bônkai

10-31-2013

My favorite thing is acting as a line man. with the area slow Q just holding the line to protect my team, then put the sheild up and continue to hold the line. its a great feeling. the worst thing is the cast time ult... that change made me stop playing him, he was my main jungle... so many people just get away cause of stupid reasons.... his E is ok-ish with the sheild nerf i take a point at 4 just to get a little heal. i say make him ad or ap, most new champs are that way right now, so give him all ad or ap ratios (or hybid them)

Shahamut

10-31-2013

Skarner is a true Hybrid as his main damage dealing ability (His Q) deals both physical and magical damage types. One of the things I like about him actually.

lexiqa

10-31-2013

I just noticed how terribly late to the ball I am... but I have 2 major thoughts in regards to Skarner.

The first one involves just how much CC destroys his functionality. The second is in regards to the functionality of his ult.

-In regards to the first thought, I was thinking of an addition to his W that gave him flat tenacity, and/or slow reduction, or multipled the values he currently had by a certain amount.
--A second variation would be to have targets marked by his E have their CC effects on Skarner reduced.

-In regards to the second thought, I was thinking of how scorpions in the real world act. Before striking and completely ruining their victims day, they generally go from completely motionless to dashing forward in the blink of an eye to close distance. Could this real world trait be implemented into the mechanics of his ult? A short charge time before mercilessly closing in on his target and dragging their impaled form back to the waiting hands of his hungry allies? In the efforts of fair warning, the targeted champ could flash red, then send out a pulse. When that pulse hits Skarner, he strikes.
--Alternatively I thought of having the range of his ult increased based on his MS.
--------------

-While reading through the forum I've come up with an idea to really set the scene for Skarner. Instead of a flat slow or a ramping/decaying slow on fracture, have it instead remove bonus MS and prevent dash spells over the duration. (lvling up improving the duration and damage rather then the slow it provides)
--If this becomes a thing, I demand the debuff be an image of a broken leg and the tooltip that says "It hurts to run..."

-In regards to the root effect of his R, how troublesome would it be to have Skarner appear to grab the target with his front claws before impaling them?

-I desperately want to see an obsidian skin for Skarner. A true black glass skin, not like the obsidian skin for Malphite (Glacial Malphite is best Malphite. frozen fist for days)

lexiqa

11-01-2013

Is this thread still active or were the Skarner reworks shelved?

Shahamut

11-01-2013

I am wondering the same thing?

ChimiWare

11-03-2013

Also battlecast Skarner will be released with his kit rework?? PLS answer me morello I'm so mad T_T

P.S. sry for my bad english i'm from Euw, Italy

Bikohoness

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmanbeastio View Post
Skarner on PBE:

Maxing E then W feels like the way to go. E's slow becomes stronger, W's movement speed becomes insane and the shield harder to break. Known issue, the cd on W didnt make it to PBE. (18 vs 14).

Q felt very lackluster but it works great with sheen/triforce. I got 1 point at lvl 1 and maxed it last. Its also cheaper on mana so its a very welcomed addition. More attack speed would be nice since its a stacking buff.

E is part of the E-R-E 7 second lockdown, which is INSANE.

E's lower missile width from the patch notes was deceiving at first, it felt reasonable to land and it goes through minions, his ganks pre 6 have improved drastically, since E always lasts 2.5 seconds and works great combined with red buff.

E's high spammability with cdr+attack speed+passive is very strong at clearing camps, wave clearing, shoving lanes, etc.

He feels a LOT faster clearing the jungle, because E's AoE helps clear things like wraiths SO easily while still spamming Q.

Hes a lot faster outside the jungle, because W is so much beefier and gives more MS.

Not sure about R's higher reliability, as flash+ult is such a popular strat, I couldnt really judge it. I guess Not having any issues with it is a sign that its working better, but I dont know of situations where it wouldnt have worked had it not been the new, more reliable version.

What I got out of this is that they could have simply adjusted cooldowns and mana costs for Skarner's current E and improved his jungle clear, sustain and offensive damage all without completely destroying his kit/uniqueness.

Bikohoness

11-03-2013

Has anybody else thought about the new Skarner/Jinx comparison from the homogenization standpoint?

Jinx - Minigun
COST: 0 MANA
COOLDOWN: 0
Attack speed per stack: 10 / 18.3 / 26.6 / 35 / 43.3%
Number of Stacks: 3
Duration of Stacks: 2.5s
Total Attack Speed with Full Stacks: 30 / 55 / 80 / 105 / 130%

New Skarner - Crystal Slash
COST: 16 / 18 / 20 / 22 / 24 MANA
COOLDOWN: 3.5s
Attack speed per stack: 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8%
Number of Stacks: 3
Duration of Stacks: 5s
Total Attack Speed with Full Stacks: 12 / 15 / 18 / 21 / 24%

---------------------

Jinx - Zap!
Range 1500
Missile Speed: 2000 (I think I read this somewhere)
Missile Width: ??
COST: 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 MANA
COOLDOWN: 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6
PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 10 / 60 / 110 / 160 / 210 (+ 140% AD)
SLOW: 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70%
Slow Duration: 2s

New Skarner - Fracture
Range 1000
Missile Speed: 1800
Missile Width: 90
COST: 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 MANA
COOLDOWN: 10
MAGIC DAMAGE: 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+ 70% AP)
SLOW: 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50%
Slow Duration: 2.5s

---------------------

Jinx - Passive
COST: 0 MANA
COOLDOWN: Any kill or assist
Movespeed Boost: 175%, decaying over 4s
Duration: 4s

New Skarner - Exoskeleton
COST: 60 MANA
COOLDOWN: 18s
Movespeed Boost: 24/28/32/36/40%, ramping up over 3s
Duration: 6s
Shield Value: 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 280 (+0.8 AP)

---------------------

I realize these two champions fit different roles, but the similarity/homegenization of their abilities is pretty striking. One ranged slow, one ability that increased AS with stacks, one ability that increases MS for a short period of time.

Shahamut

11-03-2013

Overall, not a completely fair analysis, since Skarner's cooldowns are reduced via basic attacks. The only big issue I see is Jinx's mini gun bonuses are passive, and have WAY bigger stacks than Skarners, which is not passive, and cost mana. Jinx gets more per stack at rank 1 than Skarner does at rank 5.

And they were talking about slowing down the rate at which his attack speed naturally grows too!?

That is what I dont get...

Honestly though, if the attack speed buff is going to be so low, why not just make it passive and just leave the Q to doing extra damage when its charged and call it good? Im down with a 24% increase that is just always there, even though is inferior, I didnt have to work hard to get it, and I can keep it against towers.

Emphasis: I dont feel like I should have to work really hard for a mediocre buff. But making it passive and constant makes it that "little extra" that feels good.

Artificer Xander

11-03-2013

Skarner is one of my favorite champs. I feel that this new rework is possibly going to hurt skarner a lot. Sure it may increase his ganking potential but he lacks a one point wonder. None of his abilities can be decent with just one point. Also, I've never heard anyone complaining about the slow on skarners Q. I do think that his E could have been buffed but IMO nothing else should have been changed on skarner.