Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

War Mounger

10-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Hey all, I have another quick update. We will be pulling Skarner off PBE tomorrow for just a few days so that we can totally lock down Xerath and Heimer testing. Play him today and collect whatever info you can and he should be back on PBE very soon.

Keep up the discussion, this is all very useful. Thanks!
i will say that i enjoyed his new kit for the one game i got to play it, i honestly feel like he got half nerfed and half buffed

taking the attack speed off his w helps with keeping his damage consistent but nerfs his abil to take towers without an enemy minion wave

and taking the heal off his e makes his jungle clear a little "worse" (imo) but the slow is super great

Graub

10-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Mounger View Post
i will say that i enjoyed his new kit for the one game i got to play it, i honestly feel like he got half nerfed and half buffed

taking the attack speed off his w helps with keeping his damage consistent but nerfs his abil to take towers without an enemy minion wave

and taking the heal off his e makes his jungle clear a little "worse" (imo) but the slow is super great
So, they want to have more people playing Skarner getting him half nerfed and half buffed? It will change nothing.

And Skarner lost much more positives than negatives.

shorttallguy

10-22-2013

Quote:
Hey all, I have another quick update. We will be pulling Skarner off PBE tomorrow for just a few days so that we can totally lock down Xerath and Heimer testing. Play him today and collect whatever info you can and he should be back on PBE very soon.

How bout just throw the rework out. Don't bother bringing it back. It's no good. I don't see why anyone would want a stacking move speed buff on the Q over a slow and extra damage when you already have a move speed buff with the W and if you're close enough to hit someone you don't really need anymore move speed. What you need is a slow to stick to them. An aoe slow would be perfect. No need to have some silly skill shot.

Skarner is fine the way he is. I don't even understand this rework. The only reason people don't play him is because there are so many other champs now and since the change to his ulti people feel it's unreliable. Just make it so that once Skarner casts his ulti you can't escape like before. Done. Now leave him alone.

Luscious Lenny

10-22-2013

Quote:

wtf about sivir testing

messymike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2013

RIP lane skarner, completely gutted him like you said you wouldnt!!!!

Skarner lost everything that made him able to lane strongly, now hes forced into the jungle where he is STILL lacking.
And where the hell is the compensation for taking away his heal? that completely screws over AP skarner, you removed an entire ratio from the champion!

I see EVEN LESS reason to play skarner after this rework. Why would I even think of picking skarner when I could pick lee sin and do everything better!

Skarner went from being unique and fun, to being just another copy paste boring champion.

I don't understand how riot feels it is considered a "rework" when they strip the champion of most of its unique features. Skarner isn't hecarim damnit! He isn't the one that chases super fast, he is the one that is somewhat slow, but once he is on you, you will not escape. THAT is skarner. THIS is a crappy remix of hecarim.

all skarner needed was a fix for his ult, and some mana changes, KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Siigari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2013

SKARNER DOES NOT NEED A REWORK.

I swear this is because people complain he has a move that most people don't use, so Riot takes it upon themselves to "REWORK!" him.

Skarner is awesome as he is.

He scales VERY well with the items he generally buys and does enough damage that he can be either offtank, hybrid or even AP.

He's got a kit that works very well together in harmony. Also the heal is in my opinion an integral part in trading. His passive lets you spam his abilities right now and everything about him is fantastic. Sure other champions may be better right now but that's just the way it is in a game where a new champ gets released regularly.

Why is it every time I fall in love with a champ they get changed? You reworked Eve, you reworked Karma now of ALL THE CHAMPIONS IN THE GAME you choose to rework SKARNER?

Riot, you're a bunch of jerks.

xJLx MCHammer

10-22-2013

He is fine. Tweak his R and W and he is fine. REWORK CHAMPS THAT ACTUALLY NEED IT

Evohan

10-22-2013

Why rework Skarner? He was fine. Galio has been in a crappy place for the longest time.

WuteverEU

10-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomxl View Post
How could Skarner be stronger 1v1? He has no heal mark for 30-180 +.3/.6AP, his AS has to ramp up over a few attacks, his base attack speed is slower by 1%. In exchange, he gets 5-30 more health on his shield. All of that would indicate he's worse 1v1.
His early game 1v1 is most likely stronger if the opponent doesn't run (good luck with that). His late game dueling might have more damage output, but his durability is definitely lower, and this becomes more and more noticable the longer the fight goes on, and this is a problem, as Skarner fights by outlasting his opponents. The E heal was actually really nice late game. This is all I can really tell from the two games I've played.

I have to agree with the last few posts here - if this is going to be his rework, then I'd rather keep the live version and naively hope for a shift in the meta and indirect buffs to make him a strong pick again, because otherwise he will lose most of his defining traits while remaining in a questionable state.

This is basically the equivalent of Ashe losing her Frost Shot in exchange for an AS steroid "to bring her more in line with other marksmen".

If his persistent slow is really that impossible to deal with in the era of gapclosers, then figure out other ways to build counterplay into it. Just flat out removing it (and other parts of his kit) is unacceptable for a remake that was supposed to help him instead of dilluting his power and making a bunch of Skarner players shiver in terror and anger at the same time.

Shahamut

10-23-2013

If you have to remove the slow from Q and put it on his E, then at least give him some more tanky stuff, like adding a passive armor and magic resist to his W. Or do something to keep his kit at least a little bit unique.

I posted some suggestions for that earlier, though just to have it on record, I would rather keep the perma-slow.

W- Crystal Exoskeleton

Passive: Increase Skarners Armor and Magic Resist by 2/4/6/8/10. (lets face it, he doesnt lack an exoskeleton before this goes off.)

Active: Grants a shield equal to 50/100/150/200/250 (+50%AP) for 8 seconds. While Active, Skarner moves 10/20/30/40/50% faster. If charged with Crystal Energy, the charge is expended to grant Skarner 100% increased regeneration while the shield is active. In addition it adds 2 seconds to the max duration of the ability.

why not try things like this to up his ability to sustain in lane/jungle? keep his kit at least a little bit unique? Then even if you keep the perma slow, he has some choices to make: Keep up slow, or regen some life, etc.