Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Biooutbreak

10-18-2013

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the point of skarner's ult rooting is to prevent flashes after he casts ult?

Raptearer

Recruiter

10-18-2013

i'm kind of sad you took the heal off of Fracture, he plays a lot like udyr where speed is his only way to close the gap. without a heal, he's going to have a harder time both jungling and being able to keep health up in fights instead of just exploding

Ahris Boyfriend

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitschuh View Post
"Ahris Boyfriend"

Please uninstall.
Only if you do first.

Valenten

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Hey all, exciting news! Skarner is coming to the pbe in the next update with his new reworked kit. Here is the changelist and some explanation for why we ended up with these changes:

Base Attack speed lowered by 1%

Crystal Slash
-Mana cost reduced from 20/22/24/26/28 to 16/18/20/22/24
-When target is hit, applies an attack speed buff for 6s that stacks up to 3 times 4/5/6/7/8
-Slow removed from Crystal Slash (moved to Fracture)

Exoskeleton
-Attack speed component removed
-Cooldown lowered from 18s to 14s
-Max movepseed increased from 15/17/19/21/23 to 24/28/32/36/40 and ramps up over 3s
-Duration remains at 6s
-Shield value increased from 70/115/160/205/250 to 75/125/175/225/280
-Shield AP ratio increased from 0.6 to 0.8

Fracture
-Mana cost reduced from 50/55/60/65/70 to 30/35/40/45/50
-Heal removed
-Targets hit are slowed by 30/35/40/45/50 for 2.5s
-Missile range increased 800->1000
-Missile width reduced 120->90

Impale
-Impale now roots targeted champion during the windup animation
-VO for “feel my sting” etc will happen on successful grab instead of cast start

Explanations
-The attack speed buff was moved from W to Q to make Skarner more consistent and less feast or famine
-The slow was moved from Q to E to get rid of the frustrating perma slow of his old Q but also to allow him some more flexibility and ability to make catches/plays with the ranged slow on E
-W speed values are buffed to bring him in line with other similar bruisers
-R now has a more consistent ability to grab targets once he has started casting on them

These changes are still not final, and I want everyone to play the new kit and give us feedback. Thanks again for all of the help with this rework, we think Skarner will be better than ever.

-Scruffy
I dont agree with completely removing his heal cause thats how he sustained in the jungle best and in fights. now what you could do is move his heal to his passive and make it a second part of his passive. Of course you would make it on skill cast he would heal some if it hit someone/something. and it would be a smaller number obviously. maybe like 2% of his max health each skill he casts. that would then provide the sustain that HE NEEDS to be good and still not be to much.

Buster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2013

Quote:
Hey all, exciting news! Skarner is coming to the pbe in the next update with his new reworked kit. Here is the changelist and some explanation for why we ended up with these changes:

Base Attack speed lowered by 1%

Crystal Slash
-Mana cost reduced from 20/22/24/26/28 to 16/18/20/22/24
-When target is hit, applies an attack speed buff for 6s that stacks up to 3 times 4/5/6/7/8
-Slow removed from Crystal Slash (moved to Fracture)

Exoskeleton
-Attack speed component removed
-Cooldown lowered from 18s to 14s
-Max movepseed increased from 15/17/19/21/23 to 24/28/32/36/40 and ramps up over 3s
-Duration remains at 6s
-Shield value increased from 70/115/160/205/250 to 75/125/175/225/280
-Shield AP ratio increased from 0.6 to 0.8

Fracture
-Heal removed

Impale
-Impale now roots targeted champion during the windup animation
-VO for “feel my sting” etc will happen on successful grab instead of cast start

Explanations
-The attack speed buff was moved from W to Q to make Skarner more consistent and less feast or famine
-The slow was moved from Q to E to get rid of the frustrating perma slow of his old Q but also to allow him some more flexibility and ability to make catches/plays with the ranged slow on E
-W speed values are buffed to bring him in line with other similar bruisers
-R now has a more consistent ability to grab targets once he has started casting on them

These changes are still not final, and I want everyone to play the new kit and give us feedback. Thanks again for all of the help with this rework, we think Skarner will be better than ever.

-Scruffy
so let me get this straight...
old skarner: Q -> ulti -> Q -> duration of ult goes away you got the slow from the last q to keep going

new skarner: Q->Ulti -> you cant autoattack while you ulti so you get 0 benefit from your q ->Q

did you change his ult so he can use his other skills and autoattack during his ult? because this seems like a nerf.
its nice that you gave him a slow on his e but because he cant slow that often the attack speed doesnt really seem like it means much at all.

does the move speed boost stay regardless of if the shield goes away before the 6 seconds?
im really gonna have to try it when it gets on the pbe because skarner is my favorite jungler and some of this stuff seems really off.

[edit 1]
it still seems like he has the same issue where he has to build every stat.
attackspeed for his cooldowns
attack damage so his autos dont suck in the jungle
ap for his skills
armor and magic resists because he has to be somewhat tanky
movespeed because without his w he's fairly slow and cant do anything about dudes out of his range.

same problem, different package.

Cuxman

10-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuxman View Post
The amount of feedback we get about our worries is simply amazingly bad.
Three weeks and only one of the many nerfs and unfitting aspects got a half assed answer.

Can’t wait to see all this on the pbe server,
as the sad proof that nothing here happens together with the players.
its from 4 weeks ago and so it happens.......

A2ZOMG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2013

Quote:
Fracture
-Heal removed
I am coming here to primarily comment on this change in particular. Has anyone on your team considered maxing E first? Because looking at the numbers, this ability is seriously good. Let's be realistic, a 1000 range 50% slow with 240 base damage is a pretty darn good ability (this is mathematically stronger than Xin's E, for comparison).

I would imagine a good skill order for this iteration of Skarner would in fact be E W Q, specifically for ganking. If your goal is invasion, then naturally you would go Q W E as expected.

Although I should add, maxing E first at a glance actually appears to be more mana efficient for clearing the jungle (not factoring the attack speed bonus on Q for single target damage). From what I'm seeing, it takes at least 3 casts of Q to get the same ability damage as E under most circumstances.

CDiggs

10-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLlamas View Post
All this says is: "You know that kit I told you about last time? Nothing is changed, but it's coming onto the PBE".

I understand that it's for summary's sake.

But I don't think we understand why it is that you ignored pages and pages and pages and pages of questions regarding (not the strength!) the uniqueness of the champion, and how this version of his Q and E are near carbon copies of Hecarim's rampage and Lulu's glitterlance. What fantasy do we get to fulfill now with the kit outside of his ultimate that we can't get somewhere else?
Except Skarner came out way before either of those champs?

HKG Koala

10-19-2013

Hey Scruffy,

I do realize that removing the heal from fracture doesn't affect Skarner's jungle clear at all, but i'm worried for what it might do to AP Skarner. Has anyone at Riot playtested the new Skarner in the mid lane? I see that the exoskeleton buffs and the range on Fracture might help, but I don't know fully how hard removing his lane sustain will hurt lane skarner.

Shahamut

10-19-2013

I think removing his only minor sustain without adding some extra durability was a mistake, but I will save my fuller thoughts till after I have tried him.

*EDIT* well... looks Im too knew to the game, I can't sign up for pbe... Looks like I will just have to keep on speculating then...